landing gear bounce and skid sound while still

chrisnatale

Hi everyone,

Have been enjoying the F16 for a few weeks now with no issues, but recently I've begun to notice that when on the ground, either taxi or standstill, the plane suddenly "bounces" a few cm off the ground, with accompanying skid/touchdown sound. This occurs even if I'm sitting on the apron refueling. Starts just after touchdown and continues indefinitely, even with engine off.

I don't think it was doing it before, and has possibly come after some changes I made to the display and scenery settings. Sim runs fine other than that.

I've checked around but haven't seen any other posts addressing this issue. It's annoying but not a must-fix... all the same, anyone out there who knows what I am talking about or can offer an explanation and/or solution?

Thanks/danke,

Chris

Does it bounce enough to trigger touch-down smoke as well? I have had this happen with multiple payware addons, and it seems to happen more often when switching from VC to Spot views. Not sure about a fix, though - It hasn't bothered me enough to try to find a solution. Good to hear I'm not the only one experiencing it though, if it's the same thing.

Marcus

All the bounces I've encountered were during single-player flight. I think I first noticed it while monkeying around with spot and tower views while on the apron, but it also occurs from the virtual cockpit.

Don't know about smoke--I'll keep an eye out. But otherwise it is as if I've just touched down again, even though it happens at any poinst during slow taxi, even while at a standstill, maybe every 45-90 seconds.

It would almost seem like the gear goes up and back down in a fraction of a second, because the AOA indicator lights up again just before I hear the touchdown sound and the plane bounces as if the suspension momentarily failed.

It's some sort of a bug and definitely annoying, but not a show-stopper.

Yeah that sounds like the same problem I have. I have had it happen in heavies too, and it will wreak havoc on an FSPassenger flight >.<, but all I can say is that it's not confined to the F-16, at least not for me. I would describe it the same way though, it's like you've just touched down :S.

• 3 weeks later...

Count me in the "Bounce" party. I also don't use "Spot" view (The plane surges ahead and back) I've done the driver thang and all the normal tweaking. Just love the plane cold and dark - It handles and flies just great! This will prolly be my last AMD power rig. - I really miss INTEL. <BR><BR>Sometimes desperation is a good thing - All, please try the following steps from this post = <A href="http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041">http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041</A><BR>I don't know yet about my bounce problem, but I can now use spot view again! :D