Airports with stunning architecture

Lollipop

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, in my honest opinion I don't call this airport -stunning architecture... I call stunning architecture airports like Osaka Kansai, Madrid Barajas T4, Paris Charles-de-Gaulle, Barcelona El Prat, etc, etc...

In my honest opinion, that looks ugly, very ugly. (In Catalan it would be "lleig, molt lleig") B)

Happy flying!

Vee One

P.S.: Small can be very good looking too. i.e. Menorca's new terminal.

• 1 month later...

Actually, in my honest opinion I don't call this airport -stunning architecture... I call stunning architecture airports like Osaka Kansai, Madrid Barajas T4, Paris Charles-de-Gaulle, Barcelona El Prat, etc, etc...

I personally hate anything that is too big for it's own good. There is nothing more wasteful than a building with 50+ foot ceilings... it becomes even more disturbing when you get the bill for Airport Improvement...

• 2 weeks later...

There is nothing more wasteful than a building with 50+ foot ceilings... it becomes even more disturbing when you get the bill for Airport Improvement...

You should see inside the CAA's offices in Gatwick. 50% of the internal space is wasted with a large atrium. There's no guessing why it costs 100's of pounds for a bit of paper once you've visited ;)

Very good examples... :)

Also, Copenhagen Airport (EKCH) is in my opinion a good example...

It has won numerous prizes for it's architectural design and decoration. If you've ever been through the airport, you would also know, how nice the airport is laid out.

Copenhagen Airport, have also been appointed "Best Airport in Europe" a couple of times.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...