Schiphol FSX

Eleuth

I think it is safe to say that no one wants to see this released more than the developers themselves do. But to release before it is ready (for whatever reason) would be utter folly. As I stated before its easy to come on these forums and slate a developer who misses a deadline, but we are not privvy to the issues being encountered by those developers.

• Upvote 3

I think it is safe to say that no one wants to see this released more than the developers themselves do. But to release before it is ready (for whatever reason) would be utter folly. As I stated before its easy to come on these forums and slate a developer who misses a deadline, but we are not privvy to the issues being encountered by those developers.

I just hope this time they give atleast some more information about what the issues are or why they keep moving the release date, and if they keep missing the deadline they would better stop giving it a specific release date, Grtz Nicolas

• Upvote 2

I understand that we don't want a not finished product released, neither do I and I think nobody does. But the thing is, they don't keep us up-to-date and I don't think they keep themself up-to-date either. Pospoting a release date just a few days before it should be released is sad, and it's not the first time they did postpone it.

I believe they have got issues, if they wouldn't have it wouldn't be postponed, but the way we get informed is totally wrong in my opinion, just a week ago administrators on this topic replied.

You're also talking about a deadline, but this is not the first 'deadline' he misses, it's the 5th.

2004 was released some months ago, bugs are known by the developers I know for sure, so why not speed up a bit and fix the bugs and get finished as quickly as possible?

greetings,

Shane

• Upvote 1

Having been in flight simulation since the days of flightsim running off a tape drive and having addon assets for flight sim coming out of the gazooz I due respect Aerosoft and their developers for creating well put together products. Some people just do not understand what is involved in creating and developing software. If a product is delayed there shouldn't be any reason to blast a company for their could be other reasons involved too that could also be personal related. At least when Aerosoft and its developers work on a product its not vaporware. Considering all that has happened in the past couples of years in the flightsim area and the state of economies there should be some understanding and not some sort of expectation of instant gratification when someone doesn't get their way immediately because of a product expected release date. To all those developers worldwide in the flight sim area keep up the good work!

• Upvote 2

Having been in flight simulation since the days of flightsim running off a tape drive and having addon assets for flight sim coming out of the gazooz I due respect Aerosoft and their developers for creating well put together products. Some people just do not understand what is involved in creating and developing software. If a product is delayed there shouldn't be any reason to blast a company for their could be other reasons involved too that could also be personal related. At least when Aerosoft and its developers work on a product its not vaporware. Considering all that has happened in the past couples of years in the flightsim area and the state of economies there should be some understanding and not some sort of expectation of instant gratification when someone doesn't get their way immediately because of a product expected release date. To all those developers worldwide in the flight sim area keep up the good work!

I don't blast the company , it's there job and they have deadlines... Like we have in our jobs. We as aerosoft client have the right to express our opinion about the deadlines of the project 'Mega airport Amsterdam' right ? Especially if you ordered and payed it months ago!grtz Nicolas

• Upvote 3

Hello! On Simmarket I have got MEGA AIRPORT AMSTERDAM FS2004. There it is specified that I can free of charge

to update this product to version FSX, but any reference

on downloading of this file is not present. Updating will be only after an exit of the version for FSX? Thanks also excuse for my bad English.

• Upvote 1

Hello! On Simmarket I have got MEGA AIRPORT AMSTERDAM FS2004. There it is specified that I can free of charge

to update this product to version FSX, but any reference

on downloading of this file is not present. Updating will be only after an exit of the version for FSX? Thanks also excuse for my bad English.

You're right, updating to the FSX version will be possible when the FSX version gets released. :)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

'A bit wrong', I think you are 'a bit wrong', Christmas 2009 and Mid 2010 is not a bit and not a short period. 2004 has been released a few months ago, just get the bugs out and it's finished, shouldn't take 5 months should it?

Shane, if you think you can do better you got a great career in fs development and will even make very serious money. However with a project of this magnitude handled by a very small group of people (as this is) timing is not always as easy as it seems. For example the Airbus was delayed for customers by a few months as we had to do a professional version unexpected (yet very welcome). In other projects I managed the main develop got rather sick. Shit happens. Again if you can do these things with the assurance these things do not happen you got a great future in FS addons, in fact in any kind of development.

Now if you are so easily upset by these dates I suggest ignore them and buy the products when they appear on the product pages. There really is no need to write as you did.

• Upvote 5

• Aerosoft

I don't blast the company , it's there job and they have deadlines... Like we have in our jobs. We as aerosoft client have the right to express our opinion about the deadlines of the project 'Mega airport Amsterdam' right ? Especially if you ordered and payed it months ago!grtz Nicolas

Indeed indeed. As long as they are respectful and do not inflammatory or spread false information that is not very positive for the company that pays for this forum. Shane crossed that line and has been banned from posting for a while. You got the right to say what you want, but this is our forums, we set our rules. There are hundreds of forums that we do not pay for!

• Upvote 5

Indeed indeed. As long as they are respectful and do not inflammatory or spread false information that is not very positive for the company that pays for this forum. Shane crossed that line and has been banned from posting for a while. You got the right to say what you want, but this is our forums, we set our rules. There are hundreds of forums that we do not pay for!

I fully understand,hope we get more info soon?

Greats Nicolas

• Aerosoft

I fully understand,hope we get more info soon?

Greats Nicolas

I am checking it out on Monday morning, but as said before, this is a project that we do not do internally, we are fully depending on a the developing studio for files or information.

• Upvote 2

I am checking it out on Monday morning, but as said before, this is a project that we do not do internally, we are fully depending on a the developing studio for files or information.

Ok , lets hope the developer gives more info to you guys. We'll wait and see!

• Aerosoft

Of course we do not charge your credit card before we actually ship the product. Saying that we charge credit cards for products we do not deliver is plainly incorrect, inflammatory and an correction from the poster would be highly appreciated.

• Upvote 1

Please people, this is just stupid.....

Firstly there is no point in just complaining and getting your words off on here to this extent. It just does nothing but perhaps make you feel better...... Aerosoft have stated as this is not an internal product they dont really have the full details. They are just the supplier, and suppliers will get the product out when they get it....

Please let Aerosoft get back to business rather than have to read all these petty comments (that you can leave to yourself). I am disapointed that EHAM isnt here yet, but hey life goes on! It will be around in the upcoming months......

Please can we let this bickering stop and in the end hopefully we can find out some details from the developer. It may not be the news you want to hear, but at least its progress in the right direction to the release of the product.

Of course we do not charge your credit card before we actually ship the product. Saying that we charge credit cards for products we do not deliver is plainly incorrect, inflammatory and an correction from the poster would be highly appreciated.

Voor mij was deze discussie al afgerond dus je schrijft maar wat je er verder over wil schrijven . Het enige wat ik verder vraag is info. Het product is btw via de aviation mega store besteld en bij mijn weten ook betaalt.

• Aerosoft

Voor mij was deze discussie al afgerond dus je schrijft maar wat je er verder over wil schrijven . Het enige wat ik verder vraag is info. Het product is btw via de aviation mega store besteld en bij mijn weten ook betaalt.

Okay, so you ordered it at a shop, not with Aerosoft. If they already charged your credit card I would simply have it refunded as they are not able to deliver at this moment. But you put your comment on the Aerosoft forum without any additional information and it caused a few upset customers to ask us for a refund for a transaction that was not done. We would never charge anything we do not have. If a shop would do that I would most likely have a serious issue with that unless it would have been made clear to me.

We simply do not have information about the boxed version at this moment. We are waiting for the files, simple as that.

Okay, so you ordered it at a shop, not with Aerosoft. If they already charged your credit card I would simply have it refunded as they are not able to deliver at this moment. But you put your comment on the Aerosoft forum without any additional information and it caused a few upset customers to ask us for a refund for a transaction that was not done. We would never charge anything we do not have. If a shop would do that I would most likely have a serious issue with that unless it would have been made clear to me.

We simply do not have information about the boxed version at this moment. We are waiting for the files, simple as that.

Ik heb dan ook gemaild met de zaak (en dat is niet de eerste keer) maar deze verwijzen me steeds door naar Aerosoft zelf voor informatie. Ik heb dan ook niet gezegd dat het aan jullie ligt dat ik reeds enkele maanden terug heb betaald maar ik gaf het wel als reden om aan te tonen dat ik ook wel ergens reden had om eens aan te kloppen bij jullie (vooral voor info dan). Als jullie ons dan vertellen dat het ontwerp niet in jullie handen ligt heb ik daar zeker en vast begrip voor. Ik zou zelf mijn oprechte excuses willen aanbieden voor de klanten die een teruggave hebben gevraagd. Alhoewel ik Aerosoft zelf nooit heb willen viseren maar sommige mensen dat wel zo hebben geïnterpreteerd ! Dus echt spreken over foute informatie doorgeven vind ik dan wel een beetje overdreven. Maar ik zeg het nog eens ik aanschouw deze discussie voor gesloten en ik nu maar wachten tot het product daadwerkelijk zal verschijnen.

Met vriendelijke groeten , Nicolas L.

As always.. postponing a release isn't THAT bad... UNLESS customers are not being informed. If the actual developers would take 5min to post here with "the release is delayed due to the bugs found in the FS2004 version, ETA: 3 weeks" nobody would really care about the delay.

Looks like Schiphol (boxed) has been delayed again until the end of July or later? Any news on the download version for FSX???

btw...when was the announcement for FS2004 made, no date was listed or shown?

Darryl

Hello Darryl,

Its was posted around the 19th of this month.

Hey Shaun,

I noticed the lack of a date in the announcement as well... Any way you can edit it to at least say it was posted on the 19th so users will know when you posted it?

Thanks Shaun, i know it is nitpicking but it could probably cut a few questions off at the pass ;)

-Paul

Is there any info about the progress made of FSX can we expect this within a month?

Thanks for all your efforts !