Schiphol FSX

Eleuth

Good morning,

Is there anything to say about the release date of Schiphol FSX. They promissed a few weeks after the release of Schiphol FS9.

I'm really looking forward to it

Thanks for responding.

Eric

I agree! There has been very little activity on the release front the past week with nothing new available on the site.

Come on Aerosoft there are so many great titles in the pipeline with "imminent" release dates...get them on the site soon!!!

Hmmm.... I was wishing to get it before CTP Vatsim event (this Saturday), so not having it might break my heart and cause me giving up my slot from AMS to JFK... Would anyone want to take such a thing on their conscience? I hope not :rolleyes:

Stop this nosense, please.

I guess we have reached quite a nice agreement here not to start such FS9vsFSX slogans again.

No specific slogan on my side.... just funny that on one side Aerosoft is launching the Airbus FSX only while all nicest sceneries are launched FS9 first.... You may say that sceneries are not fully developped by the Aerosoft team but at the end everything is sold on this website.. But it's ok that was just a remark and I don't want to get into any sterile conflict... I'm fine with that.

• Upvote 3

Hello Folks,

I'll try to find out whats happening but it may be due to fixes etc that would need doing in the FS9 version which may also need incorporating into FSX.

Thanks for responding. Well, better wait and have a good product without bugs, than working with a buggy result.

Eric

Hello Folks,

Products are done both inhouse and outside by other developers who chose to distribute via Aerosoft.

How they do it is somewhat up to them and which order.

This is also from another conversation regarding the FSX version of EHAm.

"He also expect to finish the FSX version until end of April."

Cornel is fixing many items from the initial release thread as you can imagine the majority of these may need to be implemented in the FSX version, so please hold on a little longer folks.

Hello Folks,

Products are done both inhouse and outside by other developers who chose to distribute via Aerosoft.

How they do it is somewhat up to them and which order.

This is also from another conversation regarding the FSX version of EHAm.

"He also expect to finish the FSX version until end of April."

Cornel is fixing many items from the initial release thread as you can imagine the majority of these may need to be implemented in the FSX version, so please hold on a little longer folks.

Shaun let Coronel just take his time more important is a bug less release for FSX :-)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Divemaster,

Still a week left so anything could happen.

Really hope, I can fly to Amsterdam on Queen's Day on April 30th. Seriously looking forward to EHAM for FSX. But, as hhas been said before, better a bug-free EHAM somewhat later.

Henk

Hopefully , Schiphol FSX comes out this week (considering the US Dollar vs the Euro has been good lately)...maybe? :rolleyes:

You know what would help the situation, releasing both versions at the same time like one or two of your major flight-sim competitors. Doesn't matter if it takes a bit longer, it solves a major complaint and stops arguments within the sim community!!!

Just a solution...Darryl

Maybe Schiphol FSX is waiting to be released together wil NL2000 4.0 for FSX. :-)

The last known release date of Schiphol FSX was 17 may 2010. (Aerosoft Pre-Order site)

And.... NL2000 for FSX will be released mid May. See: www.nl-2000.com

Groetjes, Marco

• Aerosoft

Maybe Schiphol FSX is waiting to be released together wil NL2000 4.0 for FSX. :-)

The last known release date of Schiphol FSX was 17 may 2010. (Aerosoft Pre-Order site)

And.... NL2000 for FSX will be released mid May. See: www.nl-2000.com

Groetjes, Marco

Without any disrespect but the release of a freeware NL scenery has no influence on the release of a mega airport that is intended for sale to a international audience. I am sure the dev will try to achieve compatibility if that does not hurt performance too much (in the past that was a major issue) but we got to see about that.

Not with any disrespect, I'm monitoring the aerosoft website once in a while for some news on the Schiphol Fsx scenery.

Days/weeks surpass loads of new scenery gets released, but not a hint/news about the Schiphols FSX release date.

As Mathijs stated the release of (one of) the best freeware NL scenery has no impact on the Mega-airport Schiphol Fsx release date.

So the only conclusion i can make is, that it will not be released on the 17th of May or shortly after.

June/July/August?? wouldnt be weird by the looks of it.

• Aerosoft

Not with any disrespect, I'm monitoring the aerosoft website once in a while for some news on the Schiphol Fsx scenery.

Days/weeks surpass loads of new scenery gets released, but not a hint/news about the Schiphols FSX release date.

As Mathijs stated the release of (one of) the best freeware NL scenery has no impact on the Mega-airport Schiphol Fsx release date.

So the only conclusion i can make is, that it will not be released on the 17th of May or shortly after.

June/July/August?? wouldnt be weird by the looks of it.

I am sorry, we just do not have any information on this at the moment. Sounds weird as we are the distributor but we are fully depending on the information we get from the developer on this. The moment we got more info we for sure will announce it.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mega Airport Amsterdam X (release date postponed once again: now July/August 2010, a SHAME, DISGRACE, giving us false hope and keep postponing it, no words.

• Upvote 1

Mega Airport Amsterdam X (release date postponed once again: now July/August 2010, a SHAME, DISGRACE, giving us false hope and keep postponing it, no words.

Dont be so ridiculous. What is shamefull or disgracefull about waiting until a project is finished before releasing it? Would you rather the developers just released a substandard product because they happened to get their timing estimates a bit wrong? As anyone who is even remotly interested in software developement knows, it is extremely difficult (if not impossible,) to predict release dates with any certainty. Unexpected things come up and have to be dealt with. Its not as if the developers aren't trying to finish their project. They will be putting enough pressure on themselves without someone who is not cognisant of the situations encountered during the project spouting such nonsense on the forums.

• Upvote 3

Dont be so ridiculous. What is shamefull or disgracefull about waiting until a project is finished before releasing it? Would you rather the developers just released a substandard product because they happened to get their timing estimates a bit wrong? As anyone who is even remotly interested in software developement knows, it is extremely difficult (if not impossible,) to predict release dates with any certainty. Unexpected things come up and have to be dealt with. Its not as if the developers aren't trying to finish their project. They will be putting enough pressure on themselves without someone who is not cognisant of the situations encountered during the project spouting such nonsense on the forums.

'A bit wrong', I think you are 'a bit wrong', Christmas 2009 and Mid 2010 is not a bit and not a short period. 2004 has been released a few months ago, just get the bugs out and it's finished, shouldn't take 5 months should it?

• Upvote 1

A bit ? It's like 5 months too late,

• Upvote 1