F5E RJAF repaint

Waleed

Zsolt Beleznay just released a couple of repaints (Royal Jordanian Air Force) for the Flylogic F5E (FS9).

Is it possible to use them for fsx? I ask because I use fs9 repaints for my lvl-d 767 in fsx.

I have been waiting for someone to do these repaints so I could purchase the F5, and this may be my chance.

Thanks for any advice.

You can't directly use the textures from the FS9 paint in FSX. The FS9 F-5E uses bmp textures, the FSX uses dds and are flipped vertically. But you can transform bmp into dds using imagetool. Imagetool came with the FS9 and FSX SDK, but if you google it you'll find it as well. Open the bmp files in imagetool and save them as dds files. That automatically flips the image vertically as well. Now you can use the textures on your FSX F-5.

You can't directly use the textures from the FS9 paint in FSX. The FS9 F-5E uses bmp textures, the FSX uses dds and are flipped vertically. But you can transform bmp into dds using imagetool. Imagetool came with the FS9 and FSX SDK, but if you google it you'll find it as well. Open the bmp files in imagetool and save them as dds files. That automatically flips the image vertically as well. Now you can use the textures on your FSX F-5.

Thanks Vincent. Rather confusing, but I will give it a try.