About fsx Cities Chicago

Richard Portier

Hello,

I just bought US Cities Chicago. I bought it in first for Meigs airport (I started Flight Simulator with Atari's version FS2, sometimes I run it on my old Atari ;-)).

Now some questions about Meigs :

-May be I'm wrong but was there some VASI on old version (Fs5, FS95, 98 etc...) ? and some ILS ?

-I have not seen any plane or airport service traffic... (All slider are full 100% in FSX config)

1-Is it complicated and/or how to have traffic ?

2-How to add VASI or/and ILS if it's realistic of course ?

Thank you

Best Regards.

Richard Portier

Hello Richard,

You could add both but the VASI etc is easier if you have an AFCAD Utility.

Traffic can be little harder and requires a few tools to do this.

You might want to try Googling "Adding Traffic to FSX"

Hello Shaun,

Thank you for your prompt answer.

For the vasi and ILS : Done ! smile.gif

For the traffic, effectively it seems more complicated... Much programs on the web... I don't know which is more simple to use. In fact I want just generate some flights at any airport of my choice (included Meigs of course). Any advice are welcome.

Regards.

Richard Portier

No need to get your hands dirty. Someone in the German forum added a traffic file for Meigs a while ago. smile.gif

http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=31084

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

Thanks a lot for the link. The BGL works like a charm.

I want to have my hands dirty and to warm my brain, so, I continue to search tutorial(s) on the web blink.gif .

A little problem : after to land and park at Meigs, the ATC don't reinitialize my radio's menu (I can't ask him to fly again)...

Any idea about ?

Regards.

Richard Portier

I answer to myself and to users who have the problem with ATC not reinitializing after parking smile.gif

In the BGL concerning Meigs, some taxi/parking links have Width=0, this is the problem. I changed with value >0 (70) and all works fine now.

It seems Meigs was not completely finished. Perhaps an update is expected ? Yes ? No?

Regards.

Richard Portier.

In the BGL concerning Meigs, some taxi/parking links have Width=0, this is the problem. I changed with value >0 (70) and all works fine now.

It seems Meigs was not completely finished. Perhaps an update is expected ? Yes ? No?

Hmm, that's a good one. Thanks a lo for finding out!

There won't be an update in the near future but this is certainly something what can be done sooner or later. If you don't mind it would be nice if you could upload your updated AFCAD file here. I don't mind if you pass my BGL updated by you on to others as long as you only do it here.

Bests,

Sascha

If you don't mind it would be nice if you could upload your updated AFCAD file here. I don't mind if you pass my BGL updated by you on to others as long as you only do it here.

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

No problem, my pleasure...

This is I made with the BGL :

-Changed width of path (no more problem with ATC)

-Added center line checked on path (now parking are visible)

-Changed "Meigs" by "KCGX" in the Atis's comms (now ATIS is in the menu of ATC)

This is the upload/version.

Concerning ILS I found on the web : Meigs was approach VFR only. So, there are not ILS in this version. I think there was just Vasi. I work on but I don't found the correct values to have correct approach at this time. blink.gif

Now the questions : How to upload the file ? and, do I rename your BGL with original name ?

Regards.

Richard Portier

Hi Richard,

Just zip the BGL file (using winzip or winrar for example) and upload it using the "attach file" option when creating a post/reply.

Bests,

Sascha