Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Flight Navigation question.

I don't use the FMC - so will this add on suit me? I use either NAV/GPS and the Garmin display to get me into the airport or in the Just Flight Airbus Collection - it tracks the IFR flightplan once on the autopilot. I also assume that that it will be possible to see the Garmin while in flight.

Will Airbus X work to either of these systems?

Thanks

Symbolman.

I hope not!

• Upvote 1

is it possible that we are going to get an A330/340 somewhen?

i think a good simulation of these aircraft is completly missing for flightsim (and please don't tell me about the wilco flyers, i'm having enought problems with them)

it would be just a liitle corrections in the airbus x vc, but a complete new aircraft. the flightmodel wouldn't be very diffrent too, because of the fly by wire system, so it wouldn't be very much work (exept the external model).

is there the chance of getting those busses somewhen in the future?

would be nice

I would also LOVE to have the Airbus X series extended with A330 and A340. But something tells me that you're quite wrong with the "it wouldn't be very much work" statement :P

But then again I'm just a layman :) hopefully you're right

• Upvote 1

I don't use the FMC - so will this add on suit me? I use either NAV/GPS and the Garmin display to get me into the airport or in the Just Flight Airbus Collection - it tracks the IFR flightplan once on the autopilot. I also assume that that it will be possible to see the Garmin while in flight.

Thanks

Symbolman.

It will be similar as far as I can tell, you have to have a flight plan already loaded in FSX and I think then you either import it with a select key on the FMC and then push in the 'Heading button' on the MCP (glare shield) and the Bus will follow the route as it would do with any default FSX aircraft (Heading button pushed in=GPS). In the normal Airbus pushing the Heading button in means the computer will follow the flight plan, pulling the heading button means you control the Bus with headings you select :D

I would also LOVE to have the Airbus X series extended with A330 and A340. But something tells me that you're quite wrong with the "it wouldn't be very much work" statement :P

But then again I'm just a layman :) hopefully you're right

well with much work i mean compared with the work which was needed to develop the airbus x! for an a330/340 extension there must only be new sounds, a new exterior, and (a little) different trottles, so i'm not sure if you can call that much work.

the flight model is not very different compared with the other airbusses, because of the fly by wire, which is keeping you in the air. maybe here and there aerosoft have to so some corrections with the trust and the flaps/spoilers, but they wouldn't need to develop the systems, because airbus uses the same systems for each of their busses to make it easyer for pilots who can fly one bus to learn how to fly another, and most of the cockpit is the same because of the same reason.

so in my eyes it isn't much work. (at least not for an payware produkt)

so maybe aerosoft can make an a330/340 extension for maybe 30euro... ...(i'd buy it even for 40 just because all airbusses are great planes)...

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Symbolman.

as i started flying in flightsim x i've had the same opinion as you. but beleave me it's really easy to use an fmc and it is not going to take long to learn how to do it. expecially on an plane which is made for beginners(/those who don't wanna have pmdg system depth). and as kwiss told you you just have to push the hdg selector of airbus in to turn into that mode which is called gps mode by the flightsimulator. just buy and try, you'll see it's really easy to use the airbus systems. and in a few weeks you are going to say "how have i ever been able to like the default system in flightsimulator". this i can swear to you. and don't forgot that you just have to push maybe two ore three buttons on the fmc to import the flightplan.

maybe mathijs can make a video about how easy it is to programm the flight computer on that airbus. then you can make your own opinion anout that.

• Upvote 2

Also the Primary Flight Display is the same as the FSX Garmin display, its just really de-cluttered with no terrain or river information, like Emi said, the Airbus is a great aircraft to step up from the default FSX aircraft!:rolleyes:

• Aerosoft

Thanks

Symbolman.

It should not be hard to add a 2d window for the Garmin. But I am sure that you will only need half an hour to get the same functionality from the Navigation Display. You are exactly the kind of customer we build this project for!

• Upvote 2

I'm no tester, devolper or nothing, i found the beta version online on a site this morning and installed it to made a great promotion movie about the plane and his great looks & options.

I'm no pirate nothing, i was searching info about this plane and release date but i coudn't find any movies of it nothing,only some screenshots but i found the beta version and made a movie so others can see it realtime as movie besides all the screenshots, i dont use of fly pirated things i respect quality and others work, i just wanted to make the first ingame movie about it as promotion with all credits going to Aerosoft. if it's aloud with you here i will upload it to youtube and you can post it here, so people can see the great work and progres of it all as a movie and not screenshots only.

And yes i know it's illegal to use downloaded stuff, i know, i did this just for the movie it self because ther was nothing more than screenshots that could be found, if you want it i will put it on youtube as a 2.5 min HD video and you can use it for whatever you want or just see the beauty in fsx with great deal for details, if it's not aloud i wont upload it and i will wait till it comes out and then start making movies about it. The plane is deleted atm, i dont use pirated things normaly, only this time i wanted te be the first one with a great movie about it :)

I am not advertising a pirated product but just a great movie about the plane it self, i'm sure you will like the movie if you would let me upload it to youtube, or i can upload it and you can see it, if you still like it i will leave it or delete it. I dont want to get in trouble with the movie but just to do my 2 cents for it as a good movie maker.

And hell yes that i will buy it when it comes out, great plane with nice details everywhere, amazing work guys.

Sorry for my English, i'm not the best with it but i hope you can read and follow it..

• Upvote 1

I'm no tester, devolper or nothing, i found the beta version online on a site this morning and installed it to made a great promotion movie about the plane and his great looks & options.

I'm no pirate nothing, i was searching info about this plane and release date but i coudn't find any movies of it nothing,only some screenshots but i found the beta version and made a movie so others can see it realtime as movie besides all the screenshots, i dont use of fly pirated things i respect quality and others work, i just wanted to make the first ingame movie about it as promotion with all credits going to Aerosoft. if it's aloud with you here i will upload it to youtube and you can post it here, so people can see the great work and progres of it all as a movie and not screenshots only.

And yes i know it's illegal to use downloaded stuff, i know, i did this just for the movie it self because ther was nothing more than screenshots that could be found, if you want it i will put it on youtube as a 2.5 min HD video and you can use it for whatever you want or just see the beauty in fsx with great deal for details, if it's not aloud i wont upload it and i will wait till it comes out and then start making movies about it. The plane is deleted atm, i dont use pirated things normaly, only this time i wanted te be the first one with a great movie about it :)

I am not advertising a pirated product but just a great movie about the plane it self, i'm sure you will like the movie if you would let me upload it to youtube, or i can upload it and you can see it, if you still like it i will leave it or delete it. I dont want to get in trouble with the movie but just to do my 2 cents for it as a good movie maker.

And hell yes that i will buy it when it comes out, great plane with nice details everywhere, amazing work guys.

Sorry for my English, i'm not the best with it but i hope you can read and follow it..

Out of interest, why do you think Aerosoft would want to use a pirated, unfinished version of their aircraft to promote the finished one when it's released? Do you think possibly that if they wanted a video to be released at the moment, they would have already have done this or be in the process of doing so?

For some reason it seems to be acceptable to download a pirated beta to make a video of it, does this mean it's ok to download a pirated version of the finished plane to make a video of it?

The logic here is a little twisted in my book, sorry.

• Upvote 10

Out of interest, why do you think Aerosoft would want to use a pirated, unfinished version of their aircraft to promote the finished one when it's released? Do you think possibly that if they wanted a video to be released at the moment, they would have already have done this or be in the process of doing so?

For some reason it seems to be acceptable to download a pirated beta to make a video of it, does this mean it's ok to download a pirated version of the finished plane to make a video of it?

The logic here is a little twisted in my book, sorry.

I know what you mean, it is a little twisted, as i said pirated stuff is wrong in any wat. Now the beta version leakd out and we can't do much about that anymore, you can ignore it or take some advantage of the bad situation, with a movie'(s) in the name of preview/promotion for the real (finished) thing later.

I'm not a bad person, i respect others work and that's why i'm asking it here. My movie is made to see the great things & little details that are done in the beta version, landing gear, sounds, etc etc.. i'm not promoting pirated stuff but the great details as a movie. But it's Aerosoft's work and decision to make, i respect there yes and no version.

I know what you mean, it is a little twisted, as i said pirated stuff is wrong in any wat. Now the beta version leakd out and we can't do much about that anymore, you can ignore it or take some advantage of the bad situation, with a movie'(s) in the name of preview/promotion for the real (finished) thing later.

I'm not a bad person, i respect others work and that's why i'm asking it here. My movie is made to see the great things & little details that are done in the beta version, landing gear, sounds, etc etc.. i'm not promoting pirated stuff but the great details as a movie. But it's Aerosoft's work and decision to make, i respect there yes and no version.

This "Taking advantage" would be causing trouble for aerosoft, making the price higher for paying customers, and is completely illegal

Mathjis has mentioned before that the leaked beta had many things missing, and the Landing Lights were a mess. This could be bad Publicity. Person "A" sees the video, and decides that he will not buy the plane as it is buggy/lights are messed up or something like that

Bringing this up again also has its own consequences, reminding people that "it" exists. Also mathjis has asked everyone to not discuss the leak anymore.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I think this has been answered 6 time already. No we got no plans for that.

Hi Mathijs

It seems a bit odd if I may say that you have no plans of including a 318/319 as the FBW is identical. I don't think it is at all too much work to replicate the 320 systems onto the smaller body of the 318/319. Could you explain why the decision was made to only focus on the 320/321? It would have made more sense to leave out the 321 and put the 318/319. By not including the 318/319 that means I cannot fly to London city with your new Airbus X. I was planning on purchasing your London City airport add-on but I am now thinking twice as I will not be able to land there with your 320. If that all make sense. By not having the 318/319 we are restricted to a certain runway length, a bit of a shame, your London City scenery for FSX looks amazing.

Regards

Dave