Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

As far as I know full autoland is implemented :rolleyes:

Does full autoland means that the Airbus can land by its self? Can also anyone tell me what "flare"means.

Thanks a lot

Does full autoland means that the Airbus can land by its self? Can also anyone tell me what "flare"means.

Thanks a lot

The flare is when you are just a few feet over the runway when landing, you pitch up (pull back on the yoke) to slow the aircraft down which in turn decreases the the lift of the wing helping it to make a gentle touch down :rolleyes:

(Autoland does mean the aircraft will land itself but only if you have set it up correctly i.e ILS glideslope capture etc. Its actually a good thing to do now and again because its almost like an instructer showing you how to land properly) :rolleyes:

i don't know what you exectly do when you install liverys, but i (maybe) can help you with that:

first you have to extract the download to an folder you choose, then copy the texture.xxx folder in the aircraft folder in the fs one,

next you make an entry in the aircraft.cfg which looks like that:

[fltsim.(next number of fltsim. which comes directly after the latest one already existing for example 3 if you already have 0,1,2)]

title=Boeing 737-800 airline name here

sim=Boeing737-800

model=""

panel=""

sound=""

texture=xxx

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_id=N737W

atc_airline=callsign of the airline here

atc_flight_number=""

ui_manufacturer=Boeing

ui_type=737-800

ui_variation=airline name here

ui_typerole=Kommerzielles Linienflugzeug

ui_createdby=Microsoft Corporation

description=

start flightsim choose your aircraft and fly

and that should be all B)

btw: an livery installer is a good idea

Unfortunately, that is exactly what I do and it never works :blink:

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

mathijs time for the new video? and btw are there any news of the BAe 146? or will there be a big suprise with it? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

If you start a new thread as regards to the repaint loading I will tell you where you can get a utility program to load your repaints  :rolleyes:

It was just a thought, I know on the PMDG JetStream you can alter the 'refresh rate' on the panels to help frame rates, also I think on the Dornier a similar thing can be done to switch the copilot off again to help frame rates :rolleyes:

That's a great idea they had.

All displays are in XML. The down side of that is... you can not automatically set some things (like refresh rate) from an outside utility. The GOOD thing about this, and we think this is very good, is that you can go into the gauge (with Notepad even!) and, without much knowledge, change anything you want. Update rate is one of the top 5 tags, so it's easy to find and change.

Other people will have a problem with the colors... "VOR's should be cyan" vs. "VOR's should be more bluish"... that type of thing. (They should actually be more bluish in the most modern Airbus software. The magenta, likewise, should now be darker, towards a more crisp purple.) But whatever people want they can customize. A simple "find and replace" in the XML lets you change all of those to your liking, immediately. But I think we've got it very close as is.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

hey everybody

just a question: is it possible that the manual is going to be released in the next few days, so that the customers can already learn the airbus specific instrument and so on?

of cause only if it is already completly done... then we would have something to read which is not as boring as ... (don't wanna say the word)!

if it isn't possible could you at least tell the reason mathijs?

thanks and i hope i'll get something to read the next days (and not only i...:D)

Not yet, still working on it (it needs to match the systems!)

• Upvote 1

Don't know about the rest but I can confirm that Ctrl-E works just fine.

That's good to know. But what I meant was a set of interactive checklists for all procedures (not just engine start). A 2D gauge that automatically does what's on the list once you've ticked them off. As if the F/O takes care of them for us.

• Aerosoft

That's good to know. But what I meant was a set of interactive checklists for all procedures (not just engine start). A 2D gauge that automatically does what's on the list once you've ticked them off. As if the F/O takes care of them for us.

No that is not planned. Mainly because there is very little to do, just a lot to check. Starting an airbus is really a question of one small lever. Almost as easy as an A-10 on alert (that one starts by just advancing the throttle!)

• Upvote 1

Can this be included in the next video please.wub.gif

Did i miss something? When has Mathijs said something about a new video? Don't get me wrong, i would love to see a video... i would be particularly interested in the authenticity of the GPWS sounds... The "other" airbus simulation did it very well..

Yes, simple tweak to the panel.cfg, we'll be glad to help you. But as we copy the displays there should not be a very serious effect.

Thankyou! Being able to change refresh rates and disable FO panels are very much appreciated and help users to get the best from your products!

Quick Question! if it has been asked i am sorry...

Will you be able to adjust the brightness of the displays??

-Dennis

i don't think, but i hope so. i think that will go to deep in the systems of the bus even if it seems very simple, but who knows what aerosoft tell us as "simple" systems and as "advanced" systems???

would be nice to know what is called simple systems (i mean systems in the simple/original version if the aircraft) and why!!! ore are those systems just the systems which are really nesessary for flight?

if it is so, then the brightness is not going to be contraolabel...

that's what i can tell you about that.

mathijs can you please answer my question about the systems? thx

and no your question has not been asked befor

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

the start up-procedure of the engines, how long does it take to start one engine? as long as on the real airbus?

and possible to start the engines like this:

AUTO START

- Check thrust levers are at Idle.

- Set IGN/START to START. Check amber crosses disappear on ECAM E/W-D and APU bleed pressure stable.

- Set ENG 2 MASTER ON.

- Check in order:

STARTVALVE OPENS N2 IGN A ( FUEL FLOW EGT → OIL PRESS rising.

ONCE START VALVE CLOSES Note PEAK EGT, and Eng Vibration Parameters stabilized.

- Then repeat for ENG 1.

When the advanced version comes out, could there be an option like the wilco package that has three levels of realism?

I doubt they would do that when they have a basic and advanced version.

My question, however, is this: Let's say I buy the basic version when it comes out in the next month or so. And then 6 (this is just an example) months later, the advanced version comes out. I know we would then have to buy the advanced version, but would there be a way to have it so that there wouldn't be 2 versions of it on my computer. Like... make it so if you had both versions, they formed into one version and then you made some sort of tool to pick if you wanted to fly the advanced or basic version. This also makes it so you wouldn't have to install liveries twice when downloading them.

-Matt

I doubt they would do that when they have a basic and advanced version.

My question, however, is this: Let's say I buy the basic version when it comes out in the next month or so. And then 6 (this is just an example) months later, the advanced version comes out. I know we would then have to buy the advanced version, but would there be a way to have it so that there wouldn't be 2 versions of it on my computer. Like... make it so if you had both versions, they formed into one version and then you made some sort of tool to pick if you wanted to fly the advanced or basic version. This also makes it so you wouldn't have to install liveries twice when downloading them.

-Matt

that's understandable, but what i meant was like the LDS 767 you can set your preferences, it would be cool to do that with this product.

Quick Question! if it has been asked i am sorry...

Will you be able to adjust the brightness of the displays??

-Dennis

IIRC there should be a knob somewhere in the middle that controls the brightness of the screens (im not completely sure)

and I'm not sure (if existing) it would be simulated

is it possible that we are going to get an A330/340 somewhen?

i think a good simulation of these aircraft is completly missing for flightsim (and please don't tell me about the wilco flyers, i'm having enought problems with them)

it would be just a liitle corrections in the airbus x vc, but a complete new aircraft. the flightmodel wouldn't be very diffrent too, because of the fly by wire system, so it wouldn't be very much work (exept the external model).

is there the chance of getting those busses somewhen in the future?

would be nice

and one thing about the manual of the airbus x:

can't we already get the uncomplete manual? i think about just a few pages... 10 would be enought i think and there would be much more to read later if the airbus comes out, but only the importanst things now (there must be much of the manual done already so why can't we get a little in the next few days)? would be interesting to read...

and if there aren't already the translations in other languages then it dosn't matter, i think every one who can read and wrtie in this forum can understand enought english to read an manuel for a less complex airliner...

• Upvote 1

Flight Navigation question.

I don't use the FMC - so will this add on suit me? I use either NAV/GPS and the Garmin display to get me into the airport or in the Just Flight Airbus Collection - it tracks the IFR flightplan once on the autopilot. I also assume that that it will be possible to see the Garmin while in flight.

Will Airbus X work to either of these systems?

Thanks

Symbolman.