Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Th stick on its own is €450.But the quadrant is very high quality alright.

Pity about the price..

QUALITY???? oh my God. Compare that throttle quadrant with mine, which I will use with my A320 home cockpit when finished:

074y.jpg

107evn.jpg

112jk.jpg

• Upvote 2

I know the weather radar is out of the question but no Terrain modeling either? Im sure FSX has somewhat of a decent Mesh terrain to model a terrain radar :)

Yes there are, but if they are closed they are not very visible at all. We do not model them in 3d but they are on the textures. The image attached shows them but not very well due to the lighting.

I'll check if we should make them more visible in the textures, should be an easy fix. And that's why it is called beta, lol.

Ah ok, I was just curious it wasn't a big deal to me. You guys have done a fantastic job, and thanks for always answering everyones questions you guys are really good about that especially since you get bombarded with so many.

• Aerosoft

The panel lighting looks exceptional. No wonder you guys are so proud of it!

I was wondering if your panel lighting is 100% effective in transitional light situations, like at dusk when tradional FSX panels and gauges are poorly lit and difficult to see?

Dave

There are issues there because of the way FSX handles that, not a lot we can control about that without making the panels either to light during the day or to dark during the night. See for yourself with the attached images. Note the cool 50 fps average. That in my aircraft test setting so pretty low scenery settings but still 3d clouds etc.

post-43-127046482557_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

I know the weather radar is out of the question but no Terrain modeling either? Im sure FSX has somewhat of a decent Mesh terrain to model a terrain radar :)

Oh yes. We done that in the F-16 with roughly the same display system. But hat single feature can eat up up to 1/3 of your fps. As this is a product intended for a large audience that also includes people with less then stellar hardware. Now if you add a feature people will activate it, doesn't matter if you tell them it has side effects. In the extended version this is not an issue as we aim for a much smaller group of people that understands these things.

• Upvote 3

I am just wondering, does the bus have so called " sim on ground " ?? ( that is when the ailerons and elivators drop when the plane is not runing.

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

mathijs, short question: does this airbus have the RAT (Ram Air Turbine) in case we lost both engines and the apu? :P would be cool 0_big.jpg

• Aerosoft

I am just wondering, does the bus have so called " sim on ground " ?? ( that is when the ailerons and elivators drop when the plane is not runing.

We got that planned but will not delay a release for it if it is not ready.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

mathijs, short question: does this airbus have the RAT (Ram Air Turbine) in case we lost both engines and the apu? :P would be cool

No. We are not big on failures in this project. Besides, as far as I know the RAT was never actually used in the millions of flying hours so it has not a lot to do with realism as we see it.

• Upvote 2

Mathijs,

first of all, thank you for your fast reply to our questions and your great support on this forum.

But I have a short question: Is it possible to tune the ADF frequency and will the fmc have an acars function?

No. We are not big on failures in this project. Besides, as far as I know the RAT was never actually used in the millions of flying hours so it has not a lot to do with realism as we see it.

I was really expecting that the RAT would be modeled in this. My three disappointments with this are:

*No A319

*No RAT

*No Wingflex(although its supposed to increase FPS but most simmers including myself would be willing to sacrifice a few FPS for maximum realism)

• Upvote 3

There are issues there because of the way FSX handles that, not a lot we can control about that without making the panels either to light during the day or to dark during the night. See for yourself with the attached images.

That dusk lighting looks very good to me!

My complaint about some other developers' panels is that during periods when the panel is dark, the LCD instruments are just as dark, even though they should themselves be a source of light. They should not disappear into the shadows the way an unlit "steam gauge" would.

Well done Mathijs and crew!

Dave

*No Wingflex(although its supposed to increase FPS but most simmers including myself would be willing to sacrifice a few FPS for maximum realism)

Didn't you read the older posts?

the wings of airbusses 320/321 don't flex so much that you can see that (it's even in realaty difficould to see)

and if you can't see that in reallaty how could you see in flightsim???

please read befor posting!

• Upvote 1

Yes yes yes, I'll try. Thing did not work out as planned this long weekend. My wife forced me to clean out the garage.

if you havn't so much time then ask one of your beta testers if he/she can make a few videos!

i'm sure there are a few testers who wanna make a vid. me to, but i'm no tester and so i don't have the bus yet

and can't make a video :(!!!

if you can give me a beta version i'd like to make a vid ^_^...

(and upload it here of cause X-) )

There are issues there because of the way FSX handles that, not a lot we can control about that without making the panels either to light during the day or to dark during the night. See for yourself with the attached images. Note the cool 50 fps average. That in my aircraft test setting so pretty low scenery settings but still 3d clouds etc.

Hi Mathijs. What can I say? This is best looking Aircraft ever made for FSX. I am also happy that there would be a advance version soon after the main release for us hardcore simmers. Anyways one thing I found that on (system displays) wheel page the doors. I have Wilco AIRBUS and AirSimmer AIRBUS as well but even though when the aircraft is parked on the ramp the doors show closed as the every photo of (system displays) wheel page on Aerosoft AIRBUS X shows the doors are open. I am not any expert but please forgive me if you already know about this, as I thought this may be Final version but I would defiantly like to know what actual (system displays) wheel page looks at this stage.

Anyways I wish Aerosoft team all the best and may they release this AIRBUS for us soon.

Can’t wait to fly this AIRBUS

Sameermanakme8960

I imagine it's too late in the day but if Aerosoft had named this project AIRBUS 32X , at least then people would not constantly complain that there will be no A318 / 319 being made . This also applies to everyone who will complain about certain options not being modelled , think instead of all the things that have been - then there is a lot more to think about .

Others can start saving their pocket money / get a paper round / mow lawns / wash cars and save up to buy a real Airbus ( at least everything is modelled in that ) .

John

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I was really expecting that the RAT would be modeled in this. My three disappointments with this are:

*No A319

*No RAT

* Well the A319 is just not in this project, never was. Sorry for that.

* If the thing was never used in the real aircraft, what sense does it make to simulate it? There are many many other fail safe systems we feel have little room in a project like this. Besides if we add the RAT it means we got to simulate the whole range of failures and failing fail safe systems that lead up to the deployment of the RAT. That's at least a month of work, 100 more pages of manuals, support training etc. And all this for something that never happened in real life. Now does that make sense to you?

* We have been over this for a loooong time. The A320/1 simply have very stiff wings, they do not flex a lot. Not like any Boeing and not like any big Airbus. To make you actually SEE the effect we would have to exaggerate it at least 250% (and also change the frequency a lot). For the 'standard' 15 cm (LESS then one pixel as seen from the cockpit) to 50 cm (about 2 pixels). Is it such a big deal to see the wing tip move two pixels up and down? Like the RAT it is something that looks great on a feature list but means little in the actual product, we rather spend that time on the VC and some details you will see all the time.

• Upvote 5

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs. What can I say? This is best looking Aircraft ever made for FSX. I am also happy that there would be a advance version soon after the main release for us hardcore simmers. Anyways one thing I found that on (system displays) wheel page the doors. I have Wilco AIRBUS and AirSimmer AIRBUS as well but even though when the aircraft is parked on the ramp the doors show closed as the every photo of (system displays) wheel page on Aerosoft AIRBUS X shows the doors are open. I am not any expert but please forgive me if you already know about this, as I thought this may be Final version but I would defiantly like to know what actual (system displays) wheel page looks at this stage.

Okay, this this will show what we do.

• There is a menu page on the MCDU where you can open doors, hatches and show some external items.
  • When a door is open the lower ECAM systems door page will automatically open and show the doors being open
  • Of course the UPPER ECAM will show inhibits (you can't take-off with doors open etc).

I also added an external view so you see the doors being open. Pretty complete these pages.

These images are not from the beta of this afternoon, so the ECAMs show a few things I know have been fixed by now (things like slides etc.

post-43-127048815387_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Will there be sounds if you set an engine fire or so?

Yes, the fire bells will be heard. But do not expect a lot in failures.

I could say we model them realistically so you would have to fly around 450.000 hours on average to get an engine fire. Or I could just say we did not model that in great detail because we would have to make the aircraft horribly unreliable so that customers would get these problems. Both options do not sound okay to us. All the standard FSX failures work and the fall back systems will work up to a point. But we did not model any additional failures. It's like the RAT system. I feel little need to model something in FSX that has never been used in the real aircraft.

• Upvote 2

sorry, if this question has already been answered before, but is the TCAS-system modeled in this airbus and will the PFD tells you when you have to climb or decent