Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

One more image, before I shut down for the day and see who wins the cycling in Flanders.

aerosoft_airbus_35.jpg

mathijs i can't wait for this bird to take flight but just a question here, we have amazing attention to detail with the textures but i look at this warning sign on the side of the engine and its really low quality. Any reason for this?

Thanks tho for the quick replys and constant images (nothing like PMDG forums!)

• Upvote 4

I think I'll buy a cheap logitech Attack 3 to be able to be the real PF and have the joystick on my left and throttles on the right...

17392.1.0.png

I think I'll buy a cheap logitech Attack 3 to be able to be the real PF and have the joystick on my left and throttles on the right...

I REALLY suggest you do not get the ATK3. It was my first joystick (I am on my 2nd now), and when i look back - it was'nt a great Joystick to say the least.... Why don't you get something nice like the Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro (thats what i have now). It works great, and you can get it for around 30-5 USD....

• Upvote 1

If you can tell me exactly what the text on the warning sign says i can look to see if it is posibble to make it look better.

No i mean like the pictures of the man is quite blury, i only say this because theres clearly high attention to detail and i think it would be a shame to see a great screenshot like this rated lowed because of a blurry picture

I have just checked the texture sheet for the engines and you will have a VERY hard time making the text any clearer as the white square itself only measures 23 X 21 pixels .

You can only put so much detail into a paint or we would have to work on textures that are scaled 1 : 1

John

• Aerosoft

mathijs i can't wait for this bird to take flight but just a question here, we have amazing attention to detail with the textures but i look at this warning sign on the side of the engine and its really low quality. Any reason for this?

Tjee, that's a decal of 15 by 10 cm, sure it could be done in detail, but I think it would be a bad use of the resources as it is something you only see in the specific view. As always we got to made decisions, simply can't do the whole thing in superb detail without spending way too much time, money and framerate.

And thanks for the kind words. We got a different approach to these projects then PMDG has, but I am far from sure my idea is better. You seen the controversies that get public if you are so open. I do feel strong about it though and a kind word like yours helps me confirm that.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I REALLY suggest you do not get the ATK3. It was my first joystick (I am on my 2nd now), and when i look back - it was'nt a great Joystick to say the least.... Why don't you get something nice like the Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro (thats what i have now). It works great, and you can get it for around 30-5 USD....

I really agree with Guara here.... I know it is double as expensive but if you want a very solid stick with not too much stuff on it get the CH Flightstick Pro (I'll give the link to out product but you can order it anywhere for that price, http://www.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=02178). It's a stick that has been in production for many years but only because of good reasons. It is sturdy, reliable, has a very small dead zone and works brilliant for the Airbus.

• Upvote 2

Sorry I forgot to say I'm looking for a left handed stick... It will only be for the Airbus.

But I think I'll just keep using my X52 even if it's not as real as it gets :P

• Aerosoft

Sorry I forgot to say I'm looking for a left handed stick... It will only be for the Airbus.

But I think I'll just keep using my X52 even if it's not as real as it gets :P

Yes but that's one of the best things about the CH Flightstick Pro, it's usable for left and right hand work.

• Upvote 1

April. Or I die. One of the other.

Haha! I too have been following this thread for sometime, much respect to you sir for the massive amount of time spent on replying to all of our questions, no matter how complicated some of them have been.

Can't wait for the release :)

• Upvote 3

Yes but that's one of the best things about the CH Flightstick Pro, it's usable for left and right hand work.

100 % support for the CH Sticks as well from my side! I can't image why they're not as famous these days. I got the CH Combat Stick Pro USB and the CH Pro Throttle USB some 3 years ago. Of course the set fits the my Aerosoft F-16 and my Lotussim L-39 best. But as more and more single-engine civil aircrafts use sticks (Diamond Katana, Diamond DA-40, Robin DR400...) it's realistic for GA aircraft as well.

Of course the Pro Throttle does not offer 2 different throttle levers for a multiengine jet.

But I just can say the very best about the quality of CH. Sturdy as hell, built like a tractor, not a single failure in those 3 years. And very precise.

For the pedals I would prefer the dhs-electronic/Hofmann SimPed USB Pedals. Full metal, highest quality. They just have one problem: A driver incompatibility with Win 7. (They work perfect in Win XP)

Wow! Is there a European distributor for that kit?

Dont know about a European distributer but here is a website with links to a couple of videos. http://web1.kcn.jp/soujukan_koubou/sojukan_koubou/sk2010/sk2010.htm#MT-1/AB I would love to know how much that mini throttle quadrant is.

EDIT: I did a bit more digging and found this http://www.final-approach.co.jp/airbus/fs-airbus.html Can anyone translate Japanese?

Dont know about a European distributer but here is their website with links to a couple of videos. http://web1.kcn.jp/s...010.htm#MT-1/AB I would love to know how much that mini throttle quadrant is.

EDIT: I did a bit more digging and found this http://www.final-app.../fs-airbus.html Can anyone translate Japanese?

Its just under €2000 converted from yen. A bit on the expensive sidedry.gif and only selling in Japan. It looks briiliant tho.

Its just under €2000 converted from yen. A bit on the expensive sidedry.gif and only selling in Japan. It looks briiliant tho.

I liked it on first sight. Impressive and obviously high quality. Would make an excellent throttle quadrant for the Aerosoft Airbus.

But the price is certainly a bit on the expensive side... a little bit... ;-)

2.000... gosh... that nearly doubles the price of my i7-920/GTX275 PC system. Out of reach!

I liked it on first sight. Impressive and obviously high quality. Would make an excellent throttle quadrant for the Aerosoft Airbus.

But the price is certainly a bit on the expensive side... a little bit... ;-)

2.000... gosh... that nearly doubles the price of my i7-920/GTX275 PC system. Out of reach!

I agree. If it were 500 euros I would consider saving for it but not at 2000!

I agree. If it were 500 euros I would consider saving for it but not at 2000!

Th stick on its own is €450.But the quadrant is very high quality alright.

Pity about the price..

It isn't just a matter of typing the text in there. The paintkit now is at it maximum I think. To make it more detailed it should be considered to make an High Definition kit, but there was not much interest for it as it takes ages to build one. Only making an other paintkit for a warning sign just doesn't make any sense.

Dhierin

The panel lighting looks exceptional. No wonder you guys are so proud of it!

I was wondering if your panel lighting is 100% effective in transitional light situations, like at dusk when tradional FSX panels and gauges are poorly lit and difficult to see?

Dave