Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

mmmmm it sure would help a LOT but you keep the problem of the real thing being 3d and you are using a (large) 2d screen. Our eyes are very good at that stuff and it just does not work the same way in the sim. The displays scale up pretty good though.

Ok thanks a lot !

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

are the lights ready, or just beta,too?

compare this one, the lights on aerosoft bus appear a little bit to fast, like in 3parts.. (like a flash)

but very close to the real one!

• Aerosoft

are the lights ready, or just beta,too?

compare this one, the lights on aerosoft bus appear a little bit to fast, like in 3parts.. (like a flash)

but very close to the real one!

What you see is a rather violent flare so the lights move fast. As they are fixed to the aircraft axis after all. I am also sure the center light is either set to taxi or is fully off as it should light up the center.

All in all the lights remain a huge problem. We know we got some aspects much better (the lights now actually light up stuff) but it is not perfect. FSX simply does not allow that. What we wanted to achieve was most of all a better feeling of depth so you use the lights to estimate how high you are. I think we have that. I know I make way better landings with these lights then with the default ones.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

A class of its own! But one more tiny detail:

The IBERIA-logo on the engines should be painted in the darker of the two IBERIA-red' s, I think.

It is, what you see is how FSX shows in it this exact condition. Pretty sure that it will look too dark if the time is set to the opposite. These are things you simply can not control. We could fake the screenshots though, lol. But we will not.

• Upvote 1

If they made a Boeing aimed at the same market and with the same complexity as they are doing this aircraft, I would definately buy it and I suspect I would not be alone.

well there is definitely not a hug range of quality airbus heavies out there... CLS and even wilco's models could not compete with something like this. and the CRJ from wilco is quite outdated.... that might be a could choice.

No we'll not make them that clean. But you'll see from the other images the reflections are pretty stunning. We just believe they look better this way, more realistic. It's a BIG job to wash an aircraft you know. We also feel a slightly less reflective surface looks a lot better in motion.

Keep in mind that the reflections are a lot influenced by the graphics card, they simply look different on different machines. On my own machine they reflect a bit more then on the image shown. And of course the image of the 747 was taken with a low positioned light source so that creates a lot more reflections while the shots from Nick were done with the sun high in the sky, you simply can not compare those two conditions.

I agree, the more subtle reflections are much more realistic than the brillianltly shiny textur on the 747. as you can see in the photo, nothings that shiny. and I'm sure you will be able to se reflection much better in better light conditions at surise/sunset

Gentlemen please, this is a flight simulator, the model is perfect and the paint scheme too, I cant imagine any one better! rolleyes.gif

To the developers, you all made a great job!

Im waiting for flying this beauty

Regards

Same here mate!

Jose.

looking at the 2 pics 1 real and 1 FSX, on the real one you can see a flap or a opening in the fuselage just below and in front of the rear passenger door

Hi to everybody,

I would like to ask something about the cockpit window.

When we open the window, we can choose until where we want it open, or the whole window opens?

HAVE A NICE AND HAPPY EASTER!

The window is either fully open or closed, nothing in between.

Bob

• Upvote 1

looking at the 2 pics 1 real and 1 FSX, on the real one you can see a flap or a opening in the fuselage just below and in front of the rear passenger door

hmmm are you sure this isn't just because the aircraft in the real picture seems to have its flaps halfway down, while the aerosoft aircraft's flaps seem to be up

hmmm are you sure this isn't just because the aircraft in the real picture seems to have its flaps halfway down, while the aerosoft aircraft's flaps seem to be up

No, I can see what he's referring to.

Looks like perhaps the APU cooling inlet but I stand to be corrected.

The APU Inlet is on the underside of the fuselage, just forward of the APU (obviously smile.gif ).

2575081459_2146e4b9ff_o.jpg

What the OP was referening to is the Cabin Outflow Valve for controlling the pressuisation. The safety valves are located on the rear pressure bulkhead. Unlike the B737, where they are skin mounted.

1119233.jpg

Wow, good job there! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think its the camera position, the second one is positioned behind the wing, in front of cargo door while aerosoft´s one is just in front of the engine, this looks to be the reason to me.

I think its perfect this way ;)

regards

• Upvote 5

Will this bus have the ability to click out the monitors so you can have ND/PFD etc overlaying the VC in really good resolution. Like ie wilco's airbus?

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

so it the cabin outflow value not modeled then? It doesn't appear to be shown on the fuselage.

Yes there are, but if they are closed they are not very visible at all. We do not model them in 3d but they are on the textures. The image attached shows them but not very well due to the lighting.

I'll check if we should make them more visible in the textures, should be an easy fix. And that's why it is called beta, lol.

post-43-127038497185_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hi guy's !

I'am following the A320 Thread since the beginning and I have just one question here : Do you know approximately when the bus will be release ?

Cheers !

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Will this bus have the ability to click out the monitors so you can have ND/PFD etc overlaying the VC in really good resolution. Like ie wilco's airbus?

No, it's pure 3d/VC and no 2d panels. We find 2d panels not really needed (VC viewpoints replace them) and very unrealistic. My teams have not done serious 2d panels in the last 4 years.

I know others like them, we don't, sorry.

• Upvote 1