Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, what is going on with this piracy thing?

I did not upload anything to piratebay as far as I know, I invested hours and hours in this bus, and suddenly, everything is halted, the paintforum is closed, and we hear no more.

(not that we heard much before that, I never received an answer to my requests over the last month for feedback on my paints either).

I understand how this piracy thing must be extremely upsetting, but as a painter who does this for free, and for Aerosoft, I am starting to feel somewhat annoyed about the lack of feedback on my paints, and information about this matter. Could you enlighten us (the painters) please?

I understand this is upsetting, but we got two accumulating problems. First it seemed a few of my post were not posted on the repainters only forum, a question of rights where I messed up. Secondly we are now 99% sure one of the repainters is the rat and we even narrowed it down to a few (the particular beta files shared happened to be only online for a few hours and with one a few downloads). Just give me a bit of time to sort a few things out. I assure you your fine efforts are appreciated. And no, you are not among the few I suspect.

• Upvote 5

• Aerosoft

It would be nice :P but I think aerosoft more looks at the market and their 'big' clients... I guess this Airbus was a perfect choice, as there isn't much 'good and serious' stuff around, but of Boeing aircraft their's plenty ranging from the leveld 767 to the PMDG 737/747/ possibly 777 etc... So it's likely aerosoft will come out with a boeing product, unless one of their 'big' clients asks for it ofcourse;) Correct me if i'm wrong Mathijs, but this is my point of view of how you guys 'handle'.

Well you are more or less right. But there are a lot of Boeing products available and that market is thin. The big airliners get all the attention but it is a limited market of people willing to spend a lot of time learning about them. They also costs a big fortune to develop and a small fortune to support. So our internal teams will only do them when we see a very substancial market with limited risk. I see no such market in Boeing aircraft at this moment.

• Upvote 4

uuhm, could you be more precise? "These paints"... What paints do you mean exactly, and what is your problem with them? I've done a few that I'm quite happy with, but if you don't like them, I would like to know why?

On another note:

I did not upload anything to piratebay as far as I know, I invested hours and hours in this bus, and suddenly, everything is halted, the paintforum is closed, and we hear no more.

(not that we heard much before that, I never received an answer to my requests over the last month for feedback on my paints either).

I understand how this piracy thing must be extremely upsetting, but as a painter who does this for free, and for Aerosoft, I am starting to feel somewhat annoyed about the lack of feedback on my paints, and information about this matter. Could you enlighten us (the painters) please?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Upvote 1

comming back to the system depth:

- will you add a load manager?

- will the buses AP have an auto bank angle management?

thank you very much and good luck on those last never ending weeks.

Good night everybody

It's my first post (please excuse me, my english isn't very well).

The "bus" is very,very nice !!!

Congratulations for your job !

I think i read all the post but i have just one question

Will this be fully compatible with VR Insight CDU II ?

Bye.

Yes, I own FSPassengers and it is compatible with every aircraft.

What i mean is, if they decide to make a load manager to the aircraft, the FSPassenger load manager will conflict. I have this problem with PMDG aircraft.

What i mean is, if they decide to make a load manager to the aircraft, the FSPassenger load manager will conflict. I have this problem with PMDG aircraft.

Mathjis has said before that it will use as much of the FSX default functions of FSX precisely for this Reason. Plus for the PMDG A/C you can just disable that fuel thingy.

On another note:

I understand this is upsetting, but we got two accumulating problems. First it seemed a few of my post were not posted on the repainters only forum, a question of rights where I messed up. Secondly we are now 99% sure one of the repainters is the rat and we even narrowed it down to a few (the particular beta files shared happened to be only online for a few hours and with one a few downloads). Just give me a bit of time to sort a few things out. I assure you your fine efforts are appreciated. And no, you are not among the few I suspect.

@ Mathijs ,

This is all very nice , so one of our number is cleared , what about the rest of us ? We have been shut down since the 28th of March and this is the first reaction on this matter and not even in the painters section of the forum but the public side where everybody can read it ,without having to log in ..

I for one do not appreciate being accussed of theft , with no recourse until someone else says that I didn't do it ( which I already Know ) . As Jan Kees states in his post , he ( and others including myself ) have " worked " on painting the Airbus since the end of January in our free time and for nothing . And this is the thanks we get .

Also the " feedback " has been less than perfect - just a message to make less repaints and any upgrades to the paintkit - in the 2 months that we have been ' working '.

This is the first time that I had " volunteered " for a project such as this and if this is standard practice , could well be my last .

Hopefully the other painters will also read this and place their reaction in this section of the forum , so that everybody can read about the way that this situation has been handled .

And Jan Kees , at least your name has been cleared ( now the rest ) .

signed , ( a disappointed ) John Glanville

• Upvote 2

Guys, I understand how frustrated and angry you must feel towards this situation. Having put so much time and work into this and then being isolated suddenly from the project would make me mad too. However, I ask that you put yourselves in the shoes of Mathhijs for a second. He knows for a fact that it was a repainter that released the Beta, but I am sure this does not mean that he does not appreciate and trust the work and ethics of 99% of you. In fact, I am sure that every person that has monitored these forums, drooling over the pictures of this plane, have absolutely no suspicion that those of you who have provided us with so much information and friendliness could have even thought of doing something of this nature. But, if you had a leak which came from a group, yet did not know who specifically, would you be informing members in that group about what is going on even if all but 1 of them are innocent?

This is just my speculation, but I suspect that they are trying to figure out who it is so they can kick that person out before you are given access to the beta once again. That would make sense as if they just opened it up again, every update to the beta would most likely find itself online. Now I want to make myself clear, I am fully in support of you guys as I know that all but one person has been absolutely helpful and great on this project. But, please, why would you want to ruin the experience for the customer that happens to find this forum and is looking for information. This is a somewhat internal matter, and placing it on this forum will do nothing but harm the product, the company, and in turn harms a portion of our hobby.

Once again, I feel your frustration and pain, but why turn this into a firestorm and hurt the wonderful addition to our great hobby?

• Upvote 4

Blackhawk , I think that you are missing the point here . I and the other painters have been accused of theft . Now my colleague has been cleared but the rest of us have not .

I was perfectly willing to argue this very point on the painters ( closed for public viewing ) section of the forum but the last post from Aerosoft was dated the 28th of March informing us that we were shut down , since then we have heard absolutely nothing .

Just think for a moment if someone publicly accused you of theft ( at work - or school , depending on your age ) , I think you would react in the same way if you are innocent .

Jan Kees made a stand by asking here on the open forum and recieved an answer from Mathijs . What I want to know is : Why was this not posted on our ( private ) section of the forum ? Now that it has been answered here , I am only asking for clarification on this point .

Also 99% is not the same as definately knowing that something is true or correct .

It is a shame that this has happened but to tar us all with the same brush , is just not acceptable .

John

• Upvote 2

I completely understand John, I have been wrongly accused many times in my life. Now I admit I put some of my thoughts up about this, but I will also admit that I am not a repainter and thus do not know a lot of what has been said or done on your side of things. You are rightfully justified a response about your concerns. However, my only hope is that this is not dragged out or put out in the open any more than it needs to be.

I hope that at some point in the near future it is well stated that you are all hard working contributors to this project and that your work is greatly appreciated.

Aerosoft has a problem I know , the world knows.

Being not able to say who was resposible for the theft within a few hours is a fact of mismanagement and poor preparation.

Simply handing over a personal encoded beta version to invidual all beta-testers would have been a bit time consuming I know, nevertheless the a way to avoid things to happen like now.

Stating all mebers of the beta-testers-group are suspect ? Sorry to say, thats not done .

Making a fuzz about it on a public forum, thats even less done.

Aerosoft is a great company giving us fantastic products ,no doubt about that and gives us the impression this is really serious business.

Last week Aerosoft showed us her weakest side and now we know sometimes they handle things in a very amaturistic way .

My advise ( for what it`s worth I am only human and imperfect too)

Clean up this forumpart and continue this hideous quarrel behind closed doors.

Best regards

Leen de Jager

• Upvote 2

Hi,

sorry if I misunderstand something.

In the first Post the description says: Startup from a fully cold aircraft fully realistic.

But in Post '574 Mathijs you wrote

I tried to get the same on the Airbus our current beta does not allow me to switch off most systems

is it just in the Beta or can't be switched off all systems also in the end product

Thanks

Salud

Blackhawk , I think that you are missing the point here . I and the other painters have been accused of theft . Now my colleague has been cleared but the rest of us have not.

John

Hey John,

I understand where you coming from. I can't speak for anyone but myself and I don't consider you, or the other painters thief's, unless Aerosoft tells us different. Innocent until proven guilty, and even when they find out who did it, I don't need to know. Let Aerosoft deal with it in private. I do however hope they will exonerate the ones that are honest.

Again, speaking for myself, I admire what you guys have done with the bus. I saw some really good paintings and I hope to even see more in the future.

Sad that someone always spoils it for the rest of us...

• Upvote 1

Hey John,

I understand where you coming from. I can't speak for anyone but myself and I don't consider you, or the other painters thief's, unless Aerosoft tells us different. Innocent until proven guilty, and even when they find out who did it, I don't need to know. Let Aerosoft deal with it in private. I do however hope they will exonerate the ones that are honest.

Again, speaking for myself, I admire what you guys have done with the bus. I saw some really good paintings and I hope to even see more in the future.

Sad that someone always spoils it for the rest of us...

All,

I agree. Someone always has to spoil it for us all. I guess simply being a re-painter we are all under scrutiny and we must catch this person out and save all of our innocence in this matter. I myself have spent many many hours repainting the few aircraft I have uploaded to Aerosoft and was working on many others until our area was closed down. Like past posts from people "stupid is as stupid does" comes to mind. Does this person who leaked the file (which we were all told never to reveal) by Mathijs at the start of January, when we all commenced on the project, not know that everything we do on the NET, especially downloading and uploading is traceable? Every time we log onto the forum and read a post, download the repaint kit or latest BETA must be logged somewhere? Can this not be traced simply by the IP address and prove all of us who are now branded as underdogs innocent? Was there no VETO process for us Re-painters when we were accepted as such? There must have been details: IP addresses, names, emails logged before hand. I know I wrote many emails to and received mails/posts from Aerosoft staff prior to starting work on the project. Damn I even needed help getting the first repaint kit, as probably like many others had never worked on such a large project before in such a manner. I too Like John am disappointed after all the hours sat in front of my pc re-painting, cannot even upload my final files so others can enjoy the work I have happily done for this project. I was looking forward to purchasing & flying such a finished aircraft once released as the BETAs I tested my repaints on were un-flyable for me. I hope this person is publicly branded and details released to everyone for their own persecution and innocence once found. I wait in anticipation for a release like many others now I have had my say in the matter and hope we can all get on painting again to make this product have the repaints it deserves.

Best Regards,

James Littler

• Upvote 2

I dont want to tell Aerosoft how to run their forums but if I might make a suggestion it would be that Aerosoft reopen their painters forum for the continuation of this disscussion. Much as I abhor the propogation of pirate software, this thread is not the place for it to be discussed. The matter is between the Aerosoft management and the group of repainters involved with the AirbusX. The rest of us should not be party to these discourses whether by participation or merely observation. I hope this will all be taken behind closed doors as the presence of this subject on the public forums is doing no good for the furtherance of our wonderfull hobby. I mean no disrespect to Aerosoft or any of the repainters with this post and look forward to this thread getting back on topic. So Mathijs, Any progress on the take off video you promised us?

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

comming back to the system depth:

- will you add a load manager?

- will the buses AP have an auto bank angle management?

thank you very much and good luck on those last never ending weeks.

No load manager as the one in FSX does everything we want. Really not a lot of need to see exactly what seats are used or not. We rather spend that time on adding some more details to the VC. And yes the system will do the full bank angle stuff. It's more or less ready build into FSX so it was not a problem to expand on that a bit.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

This is all very nice , so one of our number is cleared , what about the rest of us ? We have been shut down since the 28th of March and this is the first reaction on this matter and not even in the painters section of the forum but the public side where everybody can read it ,without having to log in ..

I posted on the closed repainters forum on February 28, so this is by no means the first reaction. You will see many repainters already responded there, you might have simply missed it.

Understand the issue and I regret it very much. Fact it that we most likely never find out why is the rat we only know from what group it came (in this case 99% sure one of the repainters) so I had little option to shut things down there until we got it under control. HOWEVER, the models and painkits have not been changed fr the last 4 weeks, so only the forum was shut down and access to newer beta's that did not bring anything new for the repainters. Now we also had some problems getting enough assistance to the repainters, it was intended to have somebody else do it, but that fell through. So in the last week of March I downloaded all the repaints and we were in the process of checking them out. The piracy issue just cut into that. As as I will restart all that next week and will invite the repainters back in, this time after faxing a NDA to our HQ and not as naif as before.

• Upvote 6

• Aerosoft

Clean up this forumpart and continue this hideous quarrel behind closed doors.

Yes, but that would mean removing some messages that were very acceptable and not answering one of the people who asked me questions. As these were posted here and not in the closed off forum it felt more polite to answer them here. Remember the problem started because of some rat and I only responded to a question.

It all is highly unfortunate, but keep in mind that we are 99% sure it was one of the repainters and not one of the beta's. Is that falsely accusing all but one of the repainters? I don't think so. It's for 99% a fact (that's not a fact but you see what I mean). If one of the repainter would not have brought the subject up here, I would not have mentioned it. When it was done an others responded I felt it better to play it in the open. If the message would have been posted in the closed forum (that would have been better, I agree on that with you) I would have responded there.

• Upvote 7

• Aerosoft

I dont want to tell Aerosoft how to run their forums but if I might make a suggestion it would be that Aerosoft reopen their painters forum for the continuation of this disscussion. Much as I abhor the

The repainters forum IS open, it was never closed. I just made all the messages there invisible in the hope to sort out the issue.

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft

All,

I agree. Someone always has to spoil it for us all. I guess simply being a re-painter we are all under scrutiny and we must catch this person out and save all of our innocence in this matter. I myself have spent many many hours repainting the few aircraft I have uploaded to Aerosoft and was working on many others until our area was closed down. Like past posts from people "stupid is as stupid does" comes to mind. Does this person who leaked the file (which we were all told never to reveal) by Mathijs at the start of January, when we all commenced on the project, not know that everything we do on the NET, especially downloading and uploading is traceable? Every time we log onto the forum and read a post, download the repaint kit or latest BETA must be logged somewhere? Can this not be traced simply by the IP address and prove all of us who are now branded as underdogs innocent? Was there no VETO process for us Re-painters when we were accepted as such? There must have been details: IP addresses, names, emails logged before hand. I know I wrote many emails to and received mails/posts from Aerosoft staff prior to starting work on the project. Damn I even needed help getting the first repaint kit, as probably like many others had never worked on such a large project before in such a manner. I too Like John am disappointed after all the hours sat in front of my pc re-painting, cannot even upload my final files so others can enjoy the work I have happily done for this project. I was looking forward to purchasing & flying such a finished aircraft once released as the BETAs I tested my repaints on were un-flyable for me. I hope this person is publicly branded and details released to everyone for their own persecution and innocence once found. I wait in anticipation for a release like many others now I have had my say in the matter and hope we can all get on painting again to make this product have the repaints it deserves.

Best Regards,

James Littler

James, uploads to torrents sites are in principle only traceable by the torrent site itself. And they are not likely to assist us in funding the rat.

I hope we can close the issue here now...

• Upvote 4