Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Sure, today they miss one letter, tomorrow the rest :lol:

EDIT: Yesterday the miss one letter, today the rest :D

EDIT 2: And I miss my money I had invest a year ago :mad:

Given how sensitive AS are I am not sure we should carry on with this discussion, as interesting as it would no doubt be...

Sharrow,I am impressed with the level of authenticity of this sim and will have to think of a few other bus idiosyncrasies to test you on.Here are a few ,if you extend the landing lights above 250 kt what happens?If the altimeters on each side of the cockpit pressure setting differ what happens?

Does the RAT work?

Landing lights above 250kts: Trick question? I suspect that they should not be able to extend above 250kts - is this correct?

Variable pressure settings: The sim focuses exclusively on pilot flying so whatever happens on the left is simply mirrored on the right. For example the foldout table does not work on the right, neither does the visor, neither are there any right seat preset views...

RAT: There are no failure simulations of any kind in the initial version so what sense would a RAT make? Can't speak for the advanced version though.

In reference to min/max autogen...

PC-12, a member of ACES, has I think confirmed that FSX min autogen density is more dense than FS9's max. (I remember only because I got very interested in this debate way back then.) He said:

"Many of you have been frustrated that you can't control the density of autogen trees verses buildings because we only have one slider to cover both of them. Some have also been frustrated that our lowest autogen setting is more dense than FS2004 at max density."

http://blogs.technet...might-help.aspx

Now, I'm not positive that he was talking about autogen min/max densities that could be obtained only via SLIDERS, vs. those obtained via FSX.cfg tweaks, but of course with the cfg tweaks you can set FSX trees per cell to 10, which would then make his statement nonsense. And I doubt he speaks nonsense, so I'd have to assume he means autogen densities via slider settings.

I don't particularly care -- FSX's autogen default is obviously much more dense than FS9's, and I think looks better -- but maybe this is what Gaura was talking about?

There was a very interesting thread on the way FSX autogen works over at avsim's FSX forum, maybe a week or two ago(??). It's all a little more complex than most of us probably imagined. And all of this is just FWIW, of course, but I find it to be a pretty interesting topic.

As it is time to say 'Good night', some night-time VC teasers. Jump seat.

Please remember this is still beta. Things will change.

Since these are dark night shots make sure you watch them in proper light conditions (night/no light if possible).

fsscr196s.jpg

fsscr198s.jpg

fsscr201s.jpg

• Upvote 9

So, will it be released next week? the proposed dates were for march, and its almost april already.... we cannot keep our seatbelts fastened much longer :o:lol:

• Upvote 2

So, will it be released next week? the proposed dates were for march, and its almost april already....  we cannot keep our seatbelts fastened much longer  :o  :lol:

I remember reading mathjis saying that it will be released around the middle of April.. 

• Upvote 1

mathjis please how complex are the systems i wana buy the plane but i dont wana haev an plane with default fsx systemdepth it looks so awsome that it mus have systemdepth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it looks so awesome if the systems are high detailed i gonna buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ok but one last question how gonna be the systemdepth mathjis?????lets say would it be good for an hardcore simmer like me(the systemdepth i mean)and will be the a138 and a139 modeled to after release.this plane makes an new era of flighsiming!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

oh and mathjis one last question about the weather radar.it has so much weather tools out there like REX 2.0 active sky etc. why you not make an special weather radar if anyone has an weather tools that can simulate weather lke REX 2.0,Active Sky you can include a weather radar or the customer can buy an WX???????

• Upvote 2

yurob70, All your questions have been answered numerous times on these forums. Please take a little time to read what has been written before posting. Quite frankly posting questions that have been answered so many times and in such depth shows a lack of respect to the contributors of this forum who have already provided the information to us (along with the reasons why these design decisions were taken).

• Upvote 10

mathjis please how complex are the systems i wana buy the plane but i dont wana haev an plane with default fsx systemdepth it looks so awsome that it mus have systemdepth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it looks so awesome if the systems are high detailed i gonna buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ok but one last question how gonna be the systemdepth mathjis?????lets say would it be good for an hardcore simmer like me(the systemdepth i mean)and will be the a138 and a139 modeled to after release.this plane makes an new era of flighsiming!!!!!!!!!

wasn't there said enought about the system depth already? it is better than the normal fsx aircrafts, but not very good. this is an version for people who wanna fly without studying for an real pilot liscens.

there will be an advanced version later in this year. that was saied so often... i can't imagine why it is so difficult to read befor posting.

one thing about the advanced version: mathijs has already said: the advanced is not going to have as much systemdepht as the pmdg's have, but it's going to be good. they've not given more information because they don't know more until now,

so just wait.

if i can give you an advice: buy the first version and look how good it is... if it isn't good enought for you then buy the upgrade patch if it is released. that's what i'm going to do, and i think that's the best thing you can do.

and no there woun't be an a318 ore an a319. at leased there isn't one planned yet. but maybe (i also hope so) aerosoft decides to built one if there're just enough custumers who want those busses. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

Is it just me or should the cockpit illumination in those night screenshots be brighter? Or maybe that's normal

I have stated these are beta screenshots to avoid comments like yours.

Do you want us to show some screens in the development phase or not?

• Upvote 2

Guest cmjA320

Landing lights above 250kts: Trick question? I suspect that they should not be able to extend above 250kts - is this correct?

Variable pressure settings: The sim focuses exclusively on pilot flying so whatever happens on the left is simply mirrored on the right. For example the foldout table does not work on the right, neither does the visor, neither are there any right seat preset views...

RAT: There are no failure simulations of any kind in the initial version so what sense would a RAT make? Can't speak for the advanced version though.

You can extend the lights at any sped but above 250 kt you get a rumble through the aircraft when they are extended. Having differing pressure set on the efis control panels causes an ecam.

Some screenshots in different perspectives for those who wonder about wing views and their quality.

I had no time to select and edit (just resize), so take them as they are.

Sorry for the loadtime you'll experience and please enjoy your future flight views!

]

ohhhhhhhhhh niiiiiiiccccceeeeeeee, it just looks so real you beta testers sure are lucky

• Upvote 1

There is no beta test for download for anyone outside of a very specific set of people. Perhaps less than a month now until release so just be patient.

A note about being "lucky" to beta test: As Rafal suggested the answer is the opposite in fact. Testing software is a very tedious affair which takes up an enourmous amount of time, patience and requires a very systematic (hence the tedious part) approach. Believe me, any fun is over in the first 10 minutes.

• Upvote 3

where is the airbus beta test for download???please

The Beta is available only for a very very select group of testers. NO company simply gives a free beta test of any of their products to anybody just like that....

• Upvote 3