Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

Well, I didn't upload it. And I was just so astonished that it was online I had to be sure it really was the Aerosoft Airbus. And If nesecerry I will pay 60€ for this bird. I really need it and I will get it legally when it has come out. In the meantime, I have deleted the download from my drive.

You took it from a torrent. By downloading you automatically share it with others, you DID upload while you were downloading it, that is how torrents work. You did not only steal it (in Belgium law there is no doubt about this), but you also offered what you stole to others. For some reason you think that these kinds of things do not have consequences, but if you are stupids enough to let me know that you stole it from us you got to accept that we take some actions. You failed horribly as a pirate. I already seen some post where these people gather about you and those are funny. They like it when somebody gets nailed like this, it takes the heat from them.

Gents, the issue is closed. Period. I just exchanged a few emails with the parents of this young man and he is in enough problems as it is. Not with me, as we will drop the matter, (I am not going to nail the parents of a 15 year old kid over this). But for sure with his parents and possibly with some more official organisations as well as they seemed to have picked up on the thing. Let's put it this way, I seriously hope the Airbus X beta was the only thing that was not legal on his disk.

We are also not going to change our policy over this. Any protection that makes it harder for the honest customer to use what we sell is simply not acceptable. Clever folks will always find a way to get the files and then it is often easier for the pirate then for a legit customer and that is just dead wrong.

• Upvote 13

Thankyou Mathijs I hope other software developers take heed to how Aerosoft have responded to this, it's wonderful to know that you are looking after your customers, and if I ever meet you I'll buy you a pint  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

You took it from a torrent. By downloading you automatically share it with others, you DID upload while you were downloading it, that is how torrents work. You did not only steal it (in Belgium law there is no doubt about this), but you also offered what you stole to others. For some reason you think that these kinds of things do not have consequences, but if you are stupids enough to let me know that you stole it from us you got to accept that we take some actions. You failed horribly as a pirate. I already seen some post where these people gather about you and those are funny. They like it when somebody gets nailed like this, it takes the heat from them.

Gents, the issue is closed. Period. I just exchanged a few emails with the parents of this young man and he is in enough problems as it is. Not with me, as we will drop the matter, (I am not going to nail the parents of a 15 year old kid over this). But for sure with his parents and possibly with some more official organisations as well as they seemed to have picked up on the thing. Let's put it this way, I seriously hope the Airbus X beta was the only thing that was not legal on his disk.

We are also not going to change our policy over this. Any protection that makes it harder for the honest customer to use what we sell is simply not acceptable. Clever folks will always find a way to get the files and then it is often easier for the pirate then for a legit customer and that is just dead wrong.

Well said mathais but you can bet if he is willing to steal the Airbus X he is willing to steal other software too.

• Upvote 2

Ok Mathjis I got 1 idea & 1 question that I didnt seen thrown at ya of which I hope the team atleast considers & answers in the future.

#1: A way to or hotkey to disable ailerons on the ground below hmm...30kts an instead apply it to the tiller. I believe Majestic SOftware first dash had this implemented but a hotkey that will disable it works better because we can both test flight controls (Ailerons active) and taxi precisely (Ailerons deactivated) so when we turn her the ailerons dont move and its a sharper turn. Hope I didn't confuse you :)

#2: Will she be able to start via External Power/Pneumatic Air? along with that 2B: Crossbleed Start?

Hope to hear from you & the team soon and will continue to monitor her progress :)

• Upvote 1

Guest cmjA320

Why would you want to deactivate the ailerons?How will you do the flight control check?The aileron are not used during taxi.The nose wheel can be moved by using the rudder pedals or the tiller,and that is far more use for taxi-ing the aircraft.

Hi, the bus looks great!!! I just have 1 question though, will there be custom wing views with this aircraft. Sry if this has been answered before but I looked and I didn't find anything on it. Not like a cabin view but just a view over the wing as a passenger. I know its not a big deal but it is really cool for youtube videos or instant replay. If there are could you please post some pics of them? thanks

Garrett D.

Hi, the bus looks great!!! I just have 1 question though, will there be custom wing views with this aircraft. Sry if this has been answered before but I looked and I didn't find anything on it. Not like a cabin view but just a view over the wing as a passenger. I know its not a big deal but it is really cool for youtube videos or instant replay. If there are could you please post some pics of them? thanks

Garrett D.

As far as I know the standard FSX camera views will be available, so even if the wing view isnt there you can place the camera over the wing :rolleyes:  

Here's a couple more new ones for you guys. I'm off to bed - it's going on 2am here.

Wow!! Amazing, incredible!

Just to put a light on how good your job is: Wednesday is showed the VC screenshots to a friend of mine who isn't into FlightSim at all! He just knows real Aircraft and photographies of them. He just stumbled: "Unbelievable. That's like photography!"

Enjoy and ya all owe me a pint!

Consider it done for my part! But how can I transfer that pint over the internet? ;-)))

I will be off to bed in some minutes as well. And you have the honour to give me very good thoughts for my sleep with those screenshots ;-)

Well, that's my birthday, so that is absolutely great! :D

I'm very much into the Airbus way of flying for my study nowadays, and I must say, I appreciate it more than I expected I would. I have always sympathized with Boeing, for I have better experience with them with my work.

Next to that, with this new addon available, I might do a final change to FSX and leave FS9 behind.

Is anyone able to estimate: can I use FSX with this sort of airplane at at least the image quality of FS9 with all sliders fully right? So I don't need 4096px wide textures, 1024 is enough as FS9 has given me just that and I am fine with it. If I can get 20FPS without stuttering I am a happy man!

I have the following rig: Intel E8400 overclocked --> 3,7Ghz (Core2Duo), 4GB OCZ RAM overclocked to 1066MHz, Asus P5QL Pro mainboard, Nvidia GTS250 1024MB. Windows 7 Pro 32bit. (I have 64bit available)

I have the following rig: Intel E8400 overclocked --> 3,7Ghz (Core2Duo), 4GB OCZ RAM overclocked to 1066MHz, Asus P5QL Pro mainboard, Nvidia GTS250 1024MB. Windows 7 Pro 32bit. (I have 64bit available)

You bet.

I'm not sure about the sliders being fully right, but remember that many sliders (such as autogen) make more on the complete left as FS9 did on the right.

I have a way worse rig then yours (laptop) but if i dont ask for too much, i get good FPS even with the most demanding addons including the A321)

• Upvote 1

But how can I transfer that pint over the internet? ;-)))

Well, APTP (Aerosoft Pint Transfer Protocol) is currently in beta but as you can imagine testing it is err, a rather slow process! :rolleyes:

Is anyone able to estimate: can I use FSX with this sort of airplane at at least the image quality of FS9 with all sliders fully right? I have the following rig: Intel E8400 overclocked --> 3,7Ghz (Core2Duo), 4GB OCZ RAM overclocked to 1066MHz, Asus P5QL Pro mainboard, Nvidia GTS250 1024MB. Windows 7 Pro 32bit. (I have 64bit available)

No estimation required. Your system will be able to run the Aerosoft bus with no issues.

just a bit sidetracking. maybe some of you know this documentary allready, but its real nice - shows normal procedures and gives an idea what "real CaD" means and why its sensless to simulate.(watch all three parts and listen to the japanese english).

btw: the real cockpit looks almost as good as the vc of the airbusX and maybe aerosoft should put a ANA livery and a pair of white gloves in the boxed version :)