Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

How would watermarking work for a Airplane? Do you mean tagging the files?

I do have to admit that I'm not technical expert for software protection measures. But I was in fact thinking of some kind of tag to all files. There must be some way to do it. (I'm a technical positivist ;-) )

I did the same thing in principle - but completely off software - with a small manual that was printed on small scale and designed and written by me. I charged only my onw costs for it - some 5 Euro. I knew that I would be f....d the very first moment the first user photocopies it gives multiply copies away for free because all the costs would remain on my shoulders. My solution: I chose variable sides and filled in in an hardly detectable place within a graphic a serial number. And I registered everyone who bought the manual by name, adress and associated serial number. It worked perfectly. No copyright violation whatsover! It helps a lot if it's possible to track you down...

• Upvote 1

I do have to admit that I'm not technical expert for software protection measures. But I was in fact thinking of some kind of tag to all files. There must be some way to do it. (I'm a technical positivist ;-) )

I did the same thing in principle - but completely off software - with a small manual that was printed on small scale and designed and written by me. I charged only my onw costs for it - some 5 Euro. I knew that I would be f....d the very first moment the first user photocopies it gives multiply copies away for free because all the costs would remain on my shoulders. My solution: I chose variable sides and filled in in an hardly detectable place within a graphic a serial number. And I registered everyone who bought the manual by name, adress and associated serial number. It worked perfectly. No copyright violation whatsover! It helps a lot if it's possible to track you down...

Awesome idea. I'm pretty sure such a thing could be done with software too. But i think If this is done, It should be done after release too. The point is when somebody buys something from the Aerosoft shop, they should have his CC number on file. From there it shoudnt be too hard to find out his Real Name and Address... (sorry if im wrong - just posting what i think)

• Upvote 2

a hardware dongle.

What happened? During a production the hardware dongle malfunctioned and quit altogether and there was no more Cubase... Twelve professional session musicians had to be sent home (with full payment of course). Damage: a roughly 5.000 Euro!

LoL a dongle, I have 3 of them for various programs and the only way to get them running properly is to have 3 separate highend systems running them separately cant even have them networked! The Internet is friend and foe rolleyes.gif

Same thing happened to my dongle.. and those idiots wanted like 200 bucks to replace the dang thing. What's the point.. the delays in the drivers are not worth the effort in the first place so I stopped using Cubase altogether. But even PMDG is using the obtrusive Macromedia crap for the JS4100. And the stuff is buggy.. I had FSX crash on me once and checked the macromedia was downloading an update file and was nearly taking 2 gigs of heap space. So literally the thing couldn't buffer it's content to the drive until it finished the download itself..... what a farce, how companies expect them to protect anything of value is beyond me. I don't like rootkits and that's what I consider them.

An unpleasant thought, that someone you trust betrays that trust by uploading the beta....

Indeed, tagged version seem a good idea, though I admit I have no idea if it is at all feasible..

One of the things I appreciate from Aerosoft is that they are very open about progress on their models, and even invite outsiders like me to paint their aircraft. I think it is fun for the potential customers to see a model grow and know what they can expect, let's hope that this stupid action does not change that.

Speaking of painting, I would very much like some feed back on my latest paint efforts, like this one:

FX788.jpg

So Mathijs and crew, if you could have a look at the ftp site, and tell me what you think of this one, and the others I uploaded there, I'd appreciate it.

• Upvote 5

... when the full release is out the same person probably will post the full torrent again,...

I´m sure, that Mathijs will find or already found a way to prevent that.

Unfortunately it´s like in real life: there´s always one ....hole who affects many others

by his misconducts...

Timo

I'm a little confused now, If I fly the Airbus will the pitch and trim readings move dramatically because the FBW systems are constantly altering the unstable flight? :rolleyes:

Why do you always think the aircraft was unstable without FBW (talking about airbus - not a F16!)???

TO THE CONTRARY: FBW prevents the airbus from beeing too stable! Example:

If you command a change of roll rate and release the stick, the computer keeps your current bank angle.

Without the computer, the airbus would get in an upright position again and fly straight forward again.

The same with pitch: If you command a change in the G-load factor,

your airbus will pitch up or down and keep G-load "0". Without the computer, the airbus would start to stabilize again

around the pitch axis....

Timo

• Upvote 3

Completely different subject but talking of VC animations, does anyone know if the flaps knob will be animated (press and move with the associated noise) like on the AS one ?

Thanks

Completely different subject but talking of VC animations, does anyone know if the flaps knob will be animated (press and move with the associated noise) like on the AS one ?

Thanks

What do you mean by Flap knob? Do you mean the Flap lever?

• Upvote 1

rest assured I am not doing it to get a complimentary copy at the end. I am giving Aerosoft some of my time because apart from having a passion for this hobby I hope that with the input that the beta testers are providing, the final product will provide a better experience for a wide range of users

Exactly! The same for me. I can buy whatever I like in Aerosoft shop. But I want to share the experience I have got for long years of my simming and some RW experience. I guess it's only kids who think real beta testing is about signing up (often having very little experience and knowledge to be of any use for developing the product) and then simply getting free stuff to play with. Who needs such beta testers?

Unfortunately I don't think Aerosoft would be able to lay the finger on the person

And I am sure it will happen very soon. :)

• Upvote 1

Exactly! The same for me. I can buy whatever I like in Aerosoft shop. But I want to share the experience I have got for long years of my simming and some RW experience. I guess it's only kids who think real beta testing is about signing up (often having very little experience and knowledge to be of any use for developing the product) and then simply getting free stuff to play with. Who needs such beta testers?

And I am sure it will happen very soon. :)

I don't think Beat testers are kids and I mentioned nothing of the sort (Im a 35 year old kid) as I said before If this was an external leak from one of the customers out there I could understand the veiw (sort of) of making the customer pay more for lost revenue, this was an inside leak within Aerosoft it self, Beta tester are surely screened along with repainters? and that Beta tester or repainter is now going to get a free copy while the paying customer has to pay more because of pirate copy out there, so how does that work?

If my information is correct, almost every single aircraft that's flying around these days is really really unstable and without a few pieces in heir computers, they would be almost uncontrollable...

Your information is not correct. At least as far as it concerns civilian aircraft. Fighter aircraft are in-herently instable. They are made this way to make them more agile and give the upper hand in dog fights and situations (like missile evation) that require fast changes of direction.

All civilian aircraft are in-herently stable. There is some variation (like the MD-11, but also Concorde), but no civil aircraft flying today actually needs the computers for a stable flight. The only thing the computers do (FBW and non-FBW) is reduce weight, make life easier for the pilots and increase the margin of safety.

When you would fly an Airbus with FBW in the Direct-Law mode, it would be just like flying a non-FBW aircraft that has steel cables run from the controls to the control surfaces. (apart from the "feel" of the sidestick of course).

Best regards,

Frank van der Werff

Ahhm,

maybe you're all refering to airliners, but these are not the only civil aircrafts.

What about aerobatic planes or helicopters. Both are definitely not stable. They are indiferent maybe even a bit unstable.

Unstable doesn't mean, that you need a computer to fly. Unstable means only, that you have to control the plane in almost all situations.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Thanks

Yes it will. You don't hear the flap motors in the cockpit though.

• Upvote 1

Mathijs, if the version that has been made "public" by this rat to pirates is not flyable, then why increase the price of the workable version ?

Thats simple to answer. The fact that this software has been uploaded for illegal download means that every download can be seen as a potential lost sale for Aerosoft. Rest assured that there will be people who will download this and for whatever reason decide not to buy it.

The reason may be that they reckon why pay when they got it already? Or it may be why pay for this piece of C*** when it doesnt work right. They will hardly ever take into account that their ill gotten software is in fact a beta and not representative of the finished product.

The bottom line is as I have posted previously. Every time software is pirated, it is the paying customer who is being robbed. Thats why I urge you all to report to the developers all and any software you may find pirated on the net.

This incident has already cost Aerosoft some return on their investment and that money has to be recovered. So once again you and I as paying customers have been robbed by the pirates. Help Aerosoft stamp out the problem. Report the pirates and get them off the net.

Edit: Sorry Mathijs, I posted before I saw your ps saying to leave this subject.

• Upvote 2

Yes it will. You don't here the flap motors in the cockpit though.

Great !.. I was actually thinking of the click sound the flap knob (or handle as you like) makes when you release it..

• Upvote 1

... but it needs around 20 PC's in total. It's what is called COTS (Common Of The Shelf) based. You can have one, with a very very nice display system for around 3 million of our good old Euro's.

Mathijs,

Trying to make an estimation....

20 PC x €1500 = €30.000 + €30.000 for good Hardware (MIP - Overheads -CDUs) + good €50.000 Motion = €110.000 estimated in "Home Cockpit" budget just for Hardware

Projection systems MIGHT COST €150.000+ (yous said that there is a very nice visual system) and I have seen motion systems costing €250.000 so we can talk for about 500.000 (€ 0.5 M)

And, here is my point: from .5M to 3M could be the licensing of software ????

Now each PC might have certified cards, so that each PC might cost 4.000 * 20 =120.000

Even if hardware costs nearly 1M euro, could the remaining 2M euro be software cost ?

PS: It is a little off topic wrt Airbus X but I could resist to ask.....

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

Trying to make an estimation....

20 PC x €1500 = €30.000 + €30.000 for good Hardware (MIP - Overheads -CDUs) + good €50.000 Motion = €110.000 estimated in "Home Cockpit" budget just for Hardware

Projection systems MIGHT COST €150.000+ (yous said that there is a very nice visual system) and I have seen motion systems costing €250.000 so we can talk for about 500.000 (€ 0.5 M)

And, here is my point: from .5M to 3M could be the licensing of software ????

Now each PC might have certified cards, so that each PC might cost 4.000 * 20 =120.000

Even if hardware costs nearly 1M euro, could the remaining 2M euro be software cost ?

PS: It is a little off topic wrt Airbus X but I could resist to ask.....

Not sure about this, but I think a lot has to do with service contracts and the development costs. I do know the projection system is way more expensive though. There's also the installing costs etc.

• Upvote 1

Well, I must admit I just downloaded it. And I must say that indeed she's very nice but a struggle to fly that version. With a lot of bugs still in it. Anyway, I hope you guys catch the rat quickly. Maybe it's the same guy as who gave out your other projects?

When the final version comes available I will buy it for sure. Because I really need her on my PC xD.. That's why I downloaded her. Just don't ban me now.

Don't you feel a hypocritical calling the person who uploaded this software a 'rat'. If you think what they did was wrong, why download it. If you don't think they were wrong, why insult them? Or do you think that you what did is 'only a little wrong but acceptable' because someone else was wrong first and you had a good reason?

It is nice of you to say you will buy it anyway, but what about the person who was undecided? Maybe they will and maybe they wont, but now they have just read your comment that it is buggy and hard to fly. Are you going to pay for the copy they would have bought aswell? Or are you going to pay the extra Euro or two that I will be charged to cover the losses you contributed to?

• Upvote 4

Guest JanVDV

Don't you feel a hypocritical calling the person who uploaded this software a 'rat'. If you think what they did was wrong, why download it. If you don't think they were wrong, why insult them? Or do you think that you what did is 'only a little wrong but acceptable' because someone else was wrong first and you had a good reason?

It is nice of you to say you will buy it anyway, but what about the person who was undecided? Maybe they will and maybe they wont, but now they have just read your comment that it is buggy and hard to fly. Are you going to pay for the copy they would have bought aswell? Or are you going to pay the extra Euro or two that I will be charged to cover the losses you contributed to?

Well, I didn't upload it. And I was just so astonished that it was online I had to be sure it really was the Aerosoft Airbus. And If nesecerry I will pay 60€ for this bird. I really need it and I will get it legally when it has come out. In the meantime, I have deleted the download from my drive.

• Upvote 1

Well, I didn't upload it. And I was just so astonished that it was online I had to be sure it really was the Aerosoft Airbus. And If nesecerry I will pay 60€ for this bird. I really need it and I will get it legally when it has come out. In the meantime, I have deleted the download from my drive.

And by the way, anyone who has downloaded the file, has helped to spread it further. Actually the person on this forum who admits to have downloaded it, is also guilty of distribution of pirated software, not only personal usage!

• Upvote 8

Again I feel every beta and painter SHOULD be rewarded that wasnt never the issue, do you think the 'pirate' should get a free copy though? And me and you the paying customer pay for their free copy, I would gladly pay for my Airbus and if I thought it would help pay for the Airbus again if it would help towards the technology of prevention of piracy its a mute point with me and a whole lot of other poeple who not just buy software for FSX addons. My point was this person should not receive a reward for obvious breech of confidence given by Aerosoft. Maybe all Beta and painters should give up there reward or give the Airbus to charity and if the person who can't be tracked down this will stop him getting his 'reward' also.

Kwiss - I completely agree with you that the pirate / rat should not benefit via a free copy.

Kwiss - I completely agree with you that the pirate / rat should not benefit via a free copy.

Thanks Bob thought I was alone with this for a moment, I know you guys give alot of your time Beta testing, and Aerosoft are fantastic for not releasing buggy software thanks to you guys :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1