Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

LOL so aircraft manufactures decide to make more efficient engines, aerfoils, lighter airframes FLEX take offs and then piss all that away by strapping it all onto an aircraft that can't fly itself in level trimmed flight, burning more fuel because pitch and trim is all over the place? 

believe me: all what manufactures are interested in are low costs. Therefore they develop efficient engines, lighter airframes, FLEX etc.

It´s not necessary to do this at the expense of stability.

Nice example: a trip from Frankfurt to Los Angeles in an A340 needs 30 minutes more than in a B747. Why?

The airfoil of the A340 is developed many years after the airfoil of the B747. In a time of a much higher

price for fuel. And to make it more efficient and thus cheaper, they had to make the A340 a little bit slower

than the B747. That determines the constructions today, not the stability of the pitch and roll axis...

• Upvote 2

Yeah this is really one of these 'shit happens' moments. One of the beta testers or one of the people we invited to repaint send the beta to the places where the low life of the internet hangs out. The files are useless as they are for sure not flyable, they just give a nice impression of the good looks of this project. What bugs me is that one of the persons I trusted screwed me. One of the people I talk with is a rat.

What bugs me as well is that there is a good chance we'll raise the retail price of the product because of this. People who want it will buy it, but when it is available on the pirate nets we loose the low end of the market and might as well raise the price. And no, this is not new, this happened with two of our project (Catalina for example) and at least 4 projects of friends. In the end it means little. A Euro more means nothing to the person who wants this and we'll be okay. Somewhere there's a rat that probable feels good about what he done and who does not care about that Euro YOU paid. See piracy does not hurt us a lot, customers pay for it. Until they let thieves (pirates) know what rats there are it will happen.

Mathijs, if the version that has been made "public" by this rat to pirates is not flyable, then why increase the price of the workable version ?

• Upvote 1

I too work in the TV/Film industry and alot of the software I use are from the largest businesses in the media world and there software is I must admit a real pain to install due to the systems used to try and combat piracey, but it's always going to be a problem as the software is always cracked and the paying customer is the one who is always in the cross fire between the software manufacture and the 'pirate' indeed alot of FSX addons are a complete pain in the arse to install due to more and more complicated procedures to get the software on the system. Not too long ago a well known scenery addon company shut down its support forum due to its product being pirated just days after release, now I can uderstand the frustration felt by the company after months and months of development but to shut down the support forum when paying customers were maybe having difficulty installing and then finding there was no support for the product is a real kick in the wotnots. The paying customer is in the crossfire, I do hope this won't be the case with Aerosoft, I'll show my support by buying there products and follow developments of other products Aerosoft make and where ever possible teach the moral value that pirating is killing the simulator industrie. 

• Upvote 3

I'm a little confused now, If I fly the Airbus will the pitch and trim readings move dramatically because the FBW systems are constantly altering the unstable flight? :rolleyes:  

I too work in the TV/Film industry and alot of the software I use are from the largest businesses in the media world and there software is I must admit a real pain to install due to the systems used to try and combat piracey....

Thank you for joining in that subject, Kwiss! (And a special hallo to a collegue!)

I can't agree more to all you've said!

I hope it's not too far off topic (Otherwise feel free to delete it, Mathijs or Shaun)... A close friend of mine is professor at the music university here in Vienna. And they do music production as well. In their professional studio they use Steinbergs Cubase production program. That program is protected by one of the tightest anti-piracy measures: a hardware dongle.

What happened? During a production the hardware dongle malfunctioned and quit altogether and there was no more Cubase... Twelve professional session musicians had to be sent home (with full payment of course). Damage: a roughly 5.000 Euro!

And that's why I say: Please, people, recognize that those who rob software do massive damage to us (!).

And my plea to Mathijs and Aerosoft (and all producers): Please do not take it out on us! Go for those suckers who do the damage in the first place!

My obligatory consent and promise here and now that I will support you on this as far as I'm able to!

• Upvote 1

a hardware dongle.

What happened? During a production the hardware dongle malfunctioned and quit altogether and there was no more Cubase... Twelve professional session musicians had to be sent home (with full payment of course). Damage: a roughly 5.000 Euro!

LoL a dongle, I have 3 of them for various programs and the only way to get them running properly is to have 3 separate highend systems running them separately cant even have them networked! The Internet is friend and foe  :rolleyes:  

• Upvote 2

As I am in fact very angy I just started a thread in the FlighXPress forum. My suggestion there: Please organize a conference where representatives of the developers, consumers and responsible politicians are present. And let's all work on a solution that deals with that kind of devastators and does not (!) put the paying consumer in that crossfire situation! (I like that expression of yours! It sums it all up!)

And I'm sticking more and more to the opinion that that specific Beta-tester should be made public by name!

I have in mind what the Icelanders do with their bankers: They paint in big brilliant-red letters on their houses "Traitors!"

So: No physical harm or attack whatsoever, no personal verbal offense but a social stigma!

@Mathijs: Please feel free to forward my postings to that beta-tester!

• Upvote 2

I do hope that the Beta testers or repainters don't get a free copy of the Airbus, it doesnt seem fair to put up the price to the paying customer and then give a copy away to the person who actually pirated it in the first place?

• Upvote 4

I do hope that the Beta testers or repainters don't get a free copy of the Airbus, it doesnt seem fair to put up the price to the paying customer and then give a copy away to the person who actually pirated it in the first place?

Of course the other beta testers who proved trusthworthy and kept the secrecy shoudn't be made responsible for that person they had no control of and responsibility for. But I would feel happy if that certain one would be debited with the finanical damage he has done! Let him pay! Could be a lesson for his life that's worth the money for him in the long run!

• Upvote 3

Of course the other beta testers who proved trusthworthy and kept the secrecy shoudn't be made responsible for that person they had no control of and responsibility for. But I would feel happy if that certain one would be debited with the finanical damage he has done! Let him pay! Could be a lesson for his life that's worth the money for him in the long run!

Unfortunately I don't think Aerosoft would be able to lay the finger on the person unless each copy had a unique signature and a record of that signature to the corresponding person (nearly impossible unless you are a bank)

• Upvote 1

Kwiss, I can't speak for the rest of the beta testers of course.. but rest assured I am not doing it to get a complimentary copy at the end. I am giving Aerosoft some of my time because apart from having a passion for this hobby I hope that with the input that the beta testers are providing, the final product will provide a better experience for a wide range of users, particularly when suggesting things that might have not made the initial release for one reason or another, other than just finding and reporting bugs.

When I saw Mathijs' original post about this and being rather annoyed (to put it mildly) that someone had the brass neck to blatantly break his trust in this manner it almost immediately dawned on me that there will be a backlash on all the people who had access to the beta. I can assure you that there are many on the team who are spending a lot of time with the beta, going through the FCOM and other reference material (or providing information from real-life experience in the case of real A320/1 pilots or aircraft engineers) in painstaking detail to support the developers with information about relevant systems and aircraft behaviour. And what I will personally gain from it, as I am sure other beta-testers will, is the satisfaction of using a product that will provide hours of entertainment without that feeling of "I wish they would have done this differently or added this little thing" and not getting hold of an A320 (or A321, even) shaped carrot dangling in front of us.

Many people are miffed about this but throwing the shadow of suspicion on all and sundry will help no one. Tagging each copy handed out, however, will.

• Upvote 5

My 2 cents goes to say acts as such (Beta release issue) causes projects to not only to deter but some cases terminate. For those who weren't aware many developing sceneries (KSLC developing scenery, Sunskyjet PHL scenery, Dallas Ft Worth developing scenery etc as also leaked developing a/c (eg.PSS) caused each one to terminate development which affects those who anxiously awaited the official release. So for the beta tester who Im sure is reading our reactions "Thank You" for screwing over those who had honest intentions on WAITING and PURCHASING this product and also note despite your beliefs in Life PAYBACK/KARMA IS A BITCH (Forgive my language). Hope she really has her way with you. Everyone else it would help if we would get back on our focused path and not give the mole the attention he/she looks for.

Patient Admirer of the "Benchmark of FSX Technology" aka Aerosoft Airbus X.

• Upvote 1

...it almost immediately dawned on me that there will be a backlash on all the people who had access to the beta. I can assure you that there are many on the team who are spending a lot of time with the beta, .... Many people are miffed about this but throwing the shadow of suspicion on all and sundry will help no one.

Of course and that's why I wrote that you, those enthusiastic and trustworthy beta-tester shouldn't be held responsible!

Tagging each copy handed out, however, will.

I obvisously made the false presumption that Aerosoft did hand out tagged copies and obviously I've been naive.

1 Minute ago my plea to Mathijs would have been:

"I understand that that person will most probably not be able to pay for the loss of low budget market segment. But as a matter of justice please go after him and let him feel the heat and I will happily double and triple the price for the Airbus. But please don't make us pay knowing that there's no consequence whatsoever for that person."

As you as a beta-tester state now that there was no tagged copy it will perhaps be impossible to track him down. And that's not good at all...

Kwiss, I can't speak for the rest of the beta testers of course.. but rest assured I am not doing it to get a complimentary copy at the end. I am giving Aerosoft some of my time because apart from having a passion for this hobby I hope that with the input that the beta testers are providing, the final product will provide a better experience for a wide range of users, particularly when suggesting things that might have not made the initial release for one reason or another, other than just finding and reporting bugs.

When I saw Mathijs' original post about this and being rather annoyed (to put it mildly) that someone had the brass neck to blatantly break his trust in this manner it almost immediately dawned on me that there will be a backlash on all the people who had access to the beta. I can assure you that there are many on the team who are spending a lot of time with the beta, going through the FCOM and other reference material (or real-life experience in the case of real A320/1 pilots or aircraft engineers) in painstaking detail to support the developers with information about relevant systems and aircraft behaviour. And what I will personally gain from it, as I am sure other beta-testers will, is the satisfaction of using a product that will provide hours of entertainment without that feeling of "I wish they would have done this differently or added this little thing" and not getting hold of an A320 (or A321, even) shaped carrot dangling in front of us.

Many people are miffed about this but throwing the shadow of suspicion on all and sundry will help no one. Tagging each copy handed out, however, will.

Thats a fair comment and I truly do understand the importance of the Beta testers, my point really was there are alot of honest hard working customers here also and to penalize us because of an individual on the Beta team or repainter team is hardly fair also, I know it will almost probably be a 'Non technical' Beta tester judging by his/her comment made at the site in question, but I'm sure most would agree that had a 'free copy' been given to this person, then to the paying customer that is another mixed message received.

My 2 cents goes to say acts as such (Beta release issue) causes projects to not only to deter but some cases terminate. For those who weren't aware many developing sceneries (KSLC developing scenery, Sunskyjet PHL scenery, Dallas Ft Worth developing scenery etc

I wasn't aware of these specific cases but I feel backed-up in my view how much damage those people do! Far more outstretching than simply financial damage!

So for the beta tester who Im sure is reading our reactions

Perhaps he does. But I reckon' that a person who deceited those who put trust in him doesn't care a lot about our reactions here. I'm rather sure he's laughing at us now!

"Thank You" for screwing over those who had honest intentions on WAITING and PURCHASING this product and also note despite your beliefs in Life PAYBACK/KARMA IS A BITCH (Forgive my language). Hope she really has her way with you.

I agree a 100%! But as a close friend (psychotherapist by profession) always keeps saying: "Whoever told you life is fair?"! But there's alway hope... ;-)))

Everyone else it would help if we would get back on our focused path and not give the mole the attention he/she looks for.

Yeah... probably you're right. In respect to my above remark: "I'm rather sure he's laughing at us now" you most certainly are right!

I say this rather candidly... I don't know how this might even affect the low-end market. Even the current beta still needs a fair amount of work to make it closer to RTM, so what kind enjoyment one would get from an even earlier beta like this I wouldln't know, and I see it unlikely that any of the people who downloaded it (who might have expected it to be almost the finished product) will use it for more than a few minutes.

I say this rather candidly... I don't know how this might even affect the low-end market. Even the current beta has still needs a fair amount of work to make it closer to RTM, so what kind enjoyment one would get from an even earlier beta like this I wouldln't know, and I see it unlikely that any of the people who downloaded (who might have expected it to be almost the finished product) will use it for more than a few minutes.

The problem here is that the person in question has no scruples, when the full release is out the same person probably will post the full torrent again, it could be an opportunity to actually hit back and do something 'maybe' before this happens 'small victories'. Surely its the same has stealing from your place of work which almost always leads to the person being dismissed if not arrested.

Andromeda, in your last post.. I said none of what you quoted. It was someone else.

Oh! Holy....

Damned quotation system. Something got really messed up. Of course that was gokumalo who said this...

Sorry!

I just corrected it!

The problem here is that the person in question has no scruples, when the full release is out the same person probably will post the full torrent again, it could be an opportunity to actually hit back and do something 'maybe' before this happens 'small victories'. Surely its the same has stealing from your place of work which almost always leads to the person being dismissed if not arrested.

I would like to see this person caught as soon as possible as much as you do, and from my point of view I will feel somewhat awkward posting bugs and all that knowing that someone reading is potentially that person.

But Mathijs seems on the case and if this wise-guy tries again he will be caught red-handed this time around.

As one of the people involved in the paintng of the Airbus I must say that I am also disappointed that someone had the nerve to do this .

After searching the internet ( took no more than 5 minutes ) was able to find this Beta . From this I was able to draw some conclusions and have passed these on to Mathijs .

Getting involved in this project seemed like a good idea at the time and when Mathijs posted on the forum that a Beta tester or painter is responsible is bad enough but now we have all been tarred with the same brush because of the way we were given the download .

As for the Beta version we were given , anyone downloading this will be very disappointed when trying to fly it , as a lot of systems were not enabled - in the version that was made available to the painters - we only needed the model to see what we had painted .

To second what has already been posted " tagging " would have helped to trace the individual involved .

John

• Upvote 1

Full approval and back-up from me, Kwiss!

With regard to Hitchhiker who stated that this version was rather unfinished perhaps Mathijs and Aerosoft can prevent the full realeses' torrent upload by watermarking it!

I don't like online-authentification because I never fly online and because I often change the hardware. But no objection at all against watermarking! In fact I would love it! That makes the very person trackable who uploads foreign property to torrents!

• Upvote 1

I would like to see this person caught as soon as possible as much as you do, and from my point of view I will feel somewhat awkward posting bugs and all that knowing that someone reading is potentially that person.

But Mathijs seems on the case and if this wise-guy tries again he will have blood on his hands, idiomatically speaking of course, this time around.

I hope he does and I'm also sorry for the generalisation to Beta testers though honestly that wasn't the point I was trying to address, it just hits a nerve when I hear that the customer has to pay for piracy (I pay for it by some £1000 every year on average through other software) and its not good enough to always have to accept it, I really didn't want to see this eat its way into my hobby as well as my business and Aerosoft have always been good to the customer with this sort of thing :rolleyes:  

• Upvote 2

Full approval and back-up from me, Kwiss!

With regard to Hitchhiker who stated that this version was rather unfinished perhaps Mathijs and Aerosoft can prevent the full realeses' torrent upload by watermarking it!

I don't like online-authentification because I never fly online and because I often change the hardware. But no objection at all against watermarking! In fact I would love it! That makes the very person trackable who uploads foreign property to torrents!

How would watermarking work for a Airplane? Do you mean tagging the files?

• Upvote 1