Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Guest inbrekers1

Yeah this is really one of these 'shit happens' moments. One of the beta testers or one of the people we invited to repaint send the beta to the places where the low life of the internet hangs out. The files are useless as they are for sure not flyable, they just give a nice impression of the good looks of this project. What bugs me is that one of the persons I trusted ######ed me. One of the people I talk with is a rat.

What bugs me as well is that there is a good chance we'll raise the retail price of the product because of this. People who want it will buy it, but when it is available on the pirate nets we loose the low end of the market and might as well raise the price. And no, this is not new, this happened with two of our project (Catalina for example) and at least 4 projects of friends. In the end it means little. A Euro more means nothing to the person who wants this and we'll be okay. Somewhere there's a rat that probable feels good about what he done and who does not care about that Euro YOU paid. See piracy does not hurt us a lot, customers pay for it. Until they let thieves (pirates) know what rats there are it will happen.

Well, I must admit I just downloaded it. And I must say that indeed she's very nice but a struggle to fly that version. With a lot of bugs still in it. Anyway, I hope you guys catch the rat quickly. Maybe it's the same guy as who gave out your other projects?

When the final version comes available I will buy it for sure. Because I really need her on my PC xD.. That's why I downloaded her. Just don't ban me now.

• Upvote 1

Well, I must admit I just downloaded it. And I must say that indeed she's very nice but a struggle to fly that version. With a lot of bugs still in it. Anyway, I hope you guys catch the rat quickly. Maybe it's the same guy as who gave out your other projects?

When the final version comes available I will buy it for sure. Because I really need her on my PC xD.. That's why I downloaded her. Just don't ban me now.

????? That was a joke right? Beta is for Beta testers who report back with the bugs to Aerosoft and as far as I'm aware that is a privilege granted by Aerosoft alone, for what ever reason no-one should download it from anywhere as, apart from numbskulls who are now going to blab all over the net that its full of bugs (because its Beta) its also ILLEGAL!   

• Upvote 4

That´s sad... piracy seems to be "normal" for lots of people. Sometimes i think that internet piracy is a problem impossible to solve.

Im afraid every released software suffers that kind of problem and im sure aerosoft will reach their objectives with or without it.

and Mathijs... there are rats everywhere... unfortunately.

kind regards

Paulo

• Upvote 2

Guest inbrekers1

????? That was a joke right? Beta is for Beta testers who report back with the bugs to Aerosoft and as far as I'm aware that is a privilege granted by Aerosoft alone, for what ever reason no-one should download it from anywhere as, apart from numbskulls who are now going to blab all over the net that its full of bugs (because its Beta) its also ILLEGAL!

No.. I was dead serious. And as Mathijs said him self, there still are a lot of bugs in it and I know they are fixing it and I will not tell everyone 'OMG what a junkload of crap is this' etc because I know its a beta. I have already removed it from my pc (To keep my FS clean and running smoothly). I just had to give it a try... I know that what I did wasn't really correct.. I'm just a very curious person...

• Upvote 2

Actually I feel sick now as this will take the some of the excitement out of the release much like a spoiler for a film, please anybody here who downloads it DO NOT post any feed back!

i saw the download version to, but i think i was really lucky, that my computer crashed befor i could download it (bluescreen)

i promise i woun't try to load this even if i know where i could get it...

just a little question: is it true that this beta does really damage to the frames at the moment?

i don't wanna test it so i ask, i think that's the better version to get information without making illegal things...

and by the way my fs has damage enough (frame problems, problems with the cpu and so on)

just an question: if i want to use the fs with full graphics and all that, how much (german: arbeitsspeicher (don't know the english word -sorry)do i need? can anyone pls translate that word if someone knows that?

same for the CPU...

Guest cmjA320

Mathijs,the majority of civil aircraft are inherently stable.the only exceptions I can think of are the Airbus(airbii??) with trim tanks in the tail plane and the MD11.These airbus aircraft can be a bit more challenging to fly as the cg is back towards the certified limit and this only usually occurs in the cruise,which also means high level flight,when the aircraft is a bit more twitchy!

• Upvote 1

Guest inbrekers1

Mathijs,the majority of civil aircraft are inherently stable.the only exceptions I can think of are the Airbus(airbii??) with trim tanks in the tail plane and the MD11.These airbus aircraft can be a bit more challenging to fly as the cg is back towards the certified limit and this only usually occurs in the cruise,which also means high level flight,when the aircraft is a bit more twitchy!

If my information is correct, almost every single aircraft that's flying around these days is really really unstable and without a few pieces in heir computers, they would be almost uncontrollable...

• Upvote 2

If my information is correct, almost every single aircraft that's flying around these days is really really unstable and without a few pieces in heir computers, they would be almost uncontrollable...

yes i think thats true, but then there's just one big question: why are the big aircraftmanufactures building their aircrafts in that way? can't they do that better (just for the safety if the computers fail...)

• Upvote 2

Guest cmjA320

Well my bus wasn't unstable the other day when I flew it.If you read one of my previous posts Airbus designed the 320 family so that it could be flown with all the flight computes failed.Their big worry was equipment cooling when they designed it and the avionics cooling system is so over engineered I could talk all night about it.Remember that the bus ran on 1980s computers that created a lot of heat.The early fmgc had a memory in megabytes.The aircraft had to be flyable when it all failed and be stable,or you can imagine the lawsuits would bring Airbus down when they had the first incident with the fbw on the aircraft.

That must be great!

It reminds me of UAL232. But time, knowledge and technology have gone a long way ever after.

Reminds me of my first remote control aircraft, thats all you had, power, rudder and stab, it worked out :)

• Upvote 2

Guest cmjA320

The biggest mistake on the bus was having a dedicated engine generator,flight director,autopilot relationship. Basically if you lose an engine generator,you lose an autopilot,which restricts your autoland capability.In reality if you lost an engine gen you would use the apu gen to replace it on the electrical network,but because of the system architecture you do not get the autopilot back..Not one of airbus's best ideas!!!They changed this on the 330/340 family,and they have probably changed it on newer aircraft coming out of the factory.

• Upvote 2

Surely an unstable aircraft has a aero drag problem? If you have to get level flight by constantly correcting for pitch and yaw then that means the drag factor is a problem in the design? I know that in the simulator an approach with flaps up and gear up the aircraft hardly slow due to the efficient wing the Airbus has? 

Guest inbrekers1

yes i think thats true, but then there's just one big question: why are the big aircraftmanufactures building their aircrafts in that way? can't they do that better (just for the safety if the computers fail...)

Why are they doing it? Simple but non-logical answer. An unstable airplane is easier to control if you have the right software xD. They do it by purpose.

I don't know how many Beta Tester you have, but maybe you could hide a code in any file

and note this tester has this code, this tester this code and so on

so you could find out who uploaded it

just a spontaneous idea

if you have 100 tester its a little bit time consuming

Its really ****** when someone you trust cheats you

• Upvote 1

Where did you get that info? That´s completely wrong! Nearly every aircraft with a proper weight and balance and well trimmed out is absolutely stable

1) around the pitch axis because the CG (center of gravity) is enough forward of the Neutral Point NP and

2) around the roll axis because of the angle and the V-form of the wings.

There are known cases, where pilots controlled damaged aircrafts just with asymetric thrust and the trim wheel (because they ARE stable enough to fly

without working control surfaces and OFF COURSE without computers)...

Timo

PS: I absolutely disrespect that you downloaded a stolen software. Thereby you are also liable to prosecution!

Timo

• Upvote 3

Guest inbrekers1

I don't know how many Beta Tester you have, but maybe you could hide a code in any file

and note this tester has this code, this tester this code and so on

so you could find out who uploaded it

just a spontaneous idea

if you have 100 tester its a little bit time consuming

Its really ****** when someone you trust cheats you

I think this could be a good idea but I'm afraid that these testers usually are quite good with .dll, .xml,... So deleting these codes won't be very hard to do.

Guest inbrekers1

Where did you get that info? That´s completely wrong! Nearly every aircraft with a proper weight and balance and well trimmed out is absolutely stable

1) around the pitch axis because the CG (center of gravity) is enough forward of the Neutral Point NP and

2) around the roll axis because of the angle and the V-form of the wings.

There are known cases, where pilots controlled damaged aircrafts just with asymetric thrust and the trim wheel (because they ARE stable enough to fly

without working control surfaces and OFF COURSE without computers)...

Timo

Well, as you read, I said 'If my information is correct'. If it is not, no big deal... I know it's the case for a lot of military aircraft anyway and for a few civil for sure. Never try to fly an F16 without the automatic controlling system or you're dead.

Well, as you read, I said 'If my information is correct'. If it is not, no big deal... I know it's the case for a lot of military aircraft anyway and for a few civil for sure. Never try to fly an F16 without the automatic controlling system or you're dead.

Thats completely different as the airbus doesn't often pull 3G with afterburners blazing 

• Upvote 1

Right, but we are talking about civilian aircrafts.

A F16 has the neutral point nearly in the center of gravity, so i admit you have no chance to fly it without a computer.

I had a type-rating on an EXTRA 200 aerobatic plane this winter and also there you have extreme elevator authority by moving the stick

2 or 3 centimeters...but if this aircraft was stable, you couldn´t do aerobatics...

Timo

LOL so aircraft manufactures decide to make more efficient engines, aerfoils, lighter airframes FLEX take offs and then piss all that away by strapping it all onto an aircraft that can't fly itself in level trimmed flight, burning more fuel because pitch and trim is all over the place? 

Yeah this is really one of these 'shit happens' moments. One of the beta testers or one of the people we invited to repaint send the beta to the places where the low life of the internet hangs out. What bugs me is that one of the persons I trusted screwed me. One of the people I talk with is a rat.

I just read that and I can't believe it! Now everybody can see what that does to US! To us, those who are happy, that we can share our thoughts with the developers, who respect their work and are readily willing to pay for the product! WE pay for those unscrupulous monsters, be it by a higher price, be it by protection measures that bug us!

'Cause it has to do with my anger right now I'm to expose that I my job and deep felt mission is in the creative branch as well. I'm working in die music business and in the TV-business as a freelance journalist. And I'm so fed up with that kind of people that don't have the slightest respect for other people's work and intellectual property! I'm fed up as a creative working person and I'm fed up as a consumer!!!

Idiot! Imbécile! Characterless a...hole! (That must be the exception when a cuss word is allowed and appropriate!!)

Get me the name of that sucker and I'm gonna deal with him in person!

Perhaps my words may seem a little harsh but please consider everybody what those people do to US!!!

And, Mathijs: I'm left speechless considering that you put confidence in that person. There's simply one appropriate word for it: deceit!

And I know for certain what I would do now if I were in your shoes: Sue him and let him take a lession for that he may learn for life! Some people for sure just understand one language. Unfortunately!

And I do hope that some join in and tell here how we (hopefully) think about those people!

• Upvote 4