Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

I have an idea why not make all buttons and switches 'click' even if they do not anything will just say its a system malfunction blush.gif

There's at least two reasons why not. Clickability should indicate functionality. Thus if it's not clickable, it removes any ambiguity. Secondly, it adds model complexity and therefore drawing more resources from the system which would be better spent doing something else.

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs

There's at least two reasons why not. Clickability should indicate functionality. Thus if it's not clickable, it removes any ambiguity. Secondly, it adds model complexity and therefore drawing more resources from the system which would be better spent doing something else.

Correct! And "Clickability" without function would generate hundreds of support requests "I'm clicking but nothing happens".

Otto

• Upvote 2

Guest cmjA320

Signmanbob,the general idea behind the brakes is to make as few applications as possible.The technique is to let the aircraft accelerate to about 25kt ,then brake until you are doing about 10kt with one smooth application.The discs are carbon and they wear more when they are cold.

• Upvote 1

when he is finih for buy!!??

sorry for my english

Well, there is no specific release date. But a release of the Aerosoft AirbusX should be more imagineable in april.

• Aerosoft

how many switches and buttons can be switched/pushed(pulled) in this airbus (how many on the overhad, the ap control panel, and so on...)

122. Or 131 depends if you count the FSX control options (doors etc) we included in the MCDU.

Now you got a nonsense answer to a question that makes no sense at all.

• Upvote 6

• Aerosoft

The 320 family will fly "hands off" in direct law and normal law.We also fly it sometimes in mechanical back up in the simulator.This is when all the fbw has failed and you are left with engine thrust and the rudder.

But it means that the aircraft itself, without any computers, is stable right?

Guest cmjA320

That is correct Mathijs.In mechanical back up you also have pitch control through the stabilizer actuated by the trim wheel,so the aircraft is stable.What you do require is hydraulics to move the stab and rudder.This means that you can fly the aircraft with no electrical fly by wire signals.They had to make the aircraft stable as they wouldn't have got it certified other wise.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

A little off subject...I notice it says in the page from your manual that "little or no thrust is needed to start the aircraft in movement" (which seems very true) and also not to "ride the brakes".

I was wondering, with the real aircraft, how do they control the ground speed without riding the brakes? With the Airbus that I have now, I do keep having to stay on the brakes to keep the ground speed within limits.

I have no idea, so I asked my lady friend Bus Driver (oh how she hates that term) to tell me about it.

Mathis, that user is clever and it IS an issue. If the aircraft is light, the taxi way smooth and level (or even a bit downhill) almost airliner will gain speed. Airbus Industries tells you not to ride the brakes, but to use them only in short bursts to avoid heating the brakes disks. But that's VERY uncomfortable for the passengers. It's like driving a car in a traffic jam and slamming the brakes every time you got to stop. Now on a small airport that's not an issue. But on something like Schiphol or CDG it does matter a bit. You do not want to start your take-off with hot brakes as you might need them. Personally I have never got to that stage so I do not believe it's a real issue. It's Airbus thinking "pour sauver mon cul" ('cover my ass' mk). If I would be PF and I would arrive at the runway with a hot brakes warning I would inform the controller and let another aircraft go first. Now after landing it can be a bit more of an issue. Landing on a short strip at high temp (so high ground speed) you do not want to arrive at the gate with the disk glowing. So when possible we would shut down one engine (the one on the last inside corner if you happen to know it). But it all not likely to happen.

Hey you are clever according to Bus Driver!

• Upvote 5

• Aerosoft

the whipers doenst have a function ha? just for the look or?

Well FSX doesn't do rain very well but they do function, 2 speeds, independent on both sides. Check this: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=307

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

That is correct Mathijs.In mechanical back up you also have pitch control through the stabilizer actuated by the trim wheel,so the aircraft is stable.What you do require is hydraulics to move the stab and rudder.This means that you can fly the aircraft with no electrical fly by wire signals.They had to make the aircraft stable as they wouldn't have got it certified other wise.

Just what I thought. Can you confirm (to the best of your knowledge) that there is no civil aircraft that in inherent in-stable?

• Upvote 3

122. Or 131 depends if you count the FSX control options (doors etc) we included in the MCDU.

Now you got a nonsense answer to a question that makes no sense at all.

Ok, thanks that you took the time to count ...:wacko:XD

• Upvote 1

can we expect a video of an complete take off, please? (from cold and dark to a few thousand feet ore so)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

when he is finih for buy!!??

sorry for my english

Never apologize for your English here. If anybody makes fun of it he's banned for a long time. We will not allow people to feel scared posting here because they think there English is not good enough. I understood your post and that's all that matters.

To answer your question. I can not say with complete certainty as we got several releases from this single project, but if all goes as I hope, second week April.

• Upvote 10

Oh my gosh! This bird looks so beautiful! The VC is far the best one that I have ever seen in FS!

Congratulations to the developers! Can´t wait to fly it!

And what I REALLY LIKE is, that you planned an EXTENDED VERSION of the Aerosoft Airbus X! Thank you very much! blush.gif

Looking forward!

The FS Simmers waited for a great Bus so long, they really need one and now the dream becomes true!

Thank you!

• Upvote 2

I can not believe it ... The beta of the A320 project has surfaced on the Internet!

I can not understand how that can make a beta tester!

Aerosoft makes it fair prices for their products at very good quality.

the illegal download is not worth!

I just hope Aerosoft get the problem with the copy protection in the handle.

• Upvote 3

Guest inbrekers1

I can not believe it ... The beta of the A320 project has surfaced on the Internet!

I can not understand how that can make a beta tester!

Aerosoft makes it fair prices for their products at very good quality.

the illegal download is not worth!

I just hope Aerosoft get the problem with the copy protection in the handle.

Yes, I just noticed it. (I checked it when I read your post) Seems like there is a mol in the beta team...

• Aerosoft

Yeah this is really one of these 'shit happens' moments. One of the beta testers or one of the people we invited to repaint send the beta to the places where the low life of the internet hangs out. The files are useless as they are for sure not flyable, they just give a nice impression of the good looks of this project. What bugs me is that one of the persons I trusted screwed me. One of the people I talk with is a rat.

What bugs me as well is that there is a good chance we'll raise the retail price of the product because of this. People who want it will buy it, but when it is available on the pirate nets we loose the low end of the market and might as well raise the price. And no, this is not new, this happened with two of our project (Catalina for example) and at least 4 projects of friends. In the end it means little. A Euro more means nothing to the person who wants this and we'll be okay. Somewhere there's a rat that probable feels good about what he done and who does not care about that Euro YOU paid. See piracy does not hurt us a lot, customers pay for it. Until they let thieves (pirates) know what rats there are it will happen.

• Upvote 14

Yeah this is really one of these 'shit happens' moments. One of the beta testers or one of the people we invited to repaint send the beta to the places where the low life of the internet hangs out. The files are useless as they are for sure not flyable, they just give a nice impression of the good looks of this project. What bugs me is that one of the persons I trusted ######ed me. One of the people I talk with is a rat.

What bugs me as well is that there is a good chance we'll raise the retail price of the product because of this. People who want it will buy it, but when it is available on the pirate nets we loose the low end of the market and might as well raise the price. And no, this is not new, this happened with two of our project (Catalina for example) and at least 4 projects of friends. In the end it means little. A Euro more means nothing to the person who wants this and we'll be okay. Somewhere there's a rat that probable feels good about what he done and who does not care about that Euro YOU paid. See piracy does not hurt us a lot, customers pay for it. Until they let thieves (pirates) know what rats there are it will happen.

Dear Mathijs,

Let me tell you a short story. I am 17 years old, and still at school. Just a few weeks ago I had to make a project for my Dutch lesson. In Dutch it's called a 'pleidooi', don't know what the englisch word is. Something were you talk about something and say why you're against or for it. So together with a friend of mine we talked about piracy. Out of experience a friend of mine told me, who is in a band and makes cd's, that 75% out of 100% of the money he schould be getting, he doesn't receive because of people downloading it on kazaa etc... SO as a flightsim fan, I checked what actually was available on the net, and was astonished. On torrent sites you can really find alot, sometimes with virusses, but it really is disgusting:wacko: And you even find torrentfiles where email-adresses and registrationnumbers are given so one could install the files.

I just want to make you aware of this, but you probably already knew about it... Maybe it's one step you could take against piracy by looking for names...

Kind regards, and I hope you can soon find your 'bug'

Swayze

(btw: the bus really is getting on really wel, can't wait... :D)

• Upvote 1