Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

In the 747's the FMC calculates that for you. But I never listen to it. Don't know where to find the trim controls in that bird xD. I guess it's the same for the Airbusses.

What do you mean with "the same for the airbusses"? when you mean the trim controles then i can tell you that they are on the left and the right side of the trottles, if you mean that the FMC calculates those numbers, then i can't help you..., at least i'm not sure, but i think it's not possible to make an automatic calculation...

but i think even a few airbus pilots are reading this topic too, so why can't one of those answer? ore i think that there are a few beta testers who are real life pilots so mathijs can you ask one of them pls?

• Upvote 1

Guest cmjA320

Just a little off topic here but can anybody tell me how an airline pilot determines how much up pitch trim to use on the 'elevator trim' when going through the before taxi check-list? :rolleyes:

The trim position appears on the loadsheet we get from the dispatcher.

• Upvote 3

No chance at all of the Airbus X being released by the end of March - the beta only started not even 2 weeks ago. I would say that end April is much more realistic.

• Upvote 2

Why speculate about release dates? Nigh on no developer will give release dates out for obvious reasons. Rest assured, the Airbus will be released when the development team are ready to release it, and we will be informed of the release. Asking for release dates will not get it out any faster...

I sometimes wonder why so many ask for release dates. Are those in question planning time off work or cancelling holidays if the release date announced coincides (or not) with the planned holiday? :D

Looking forward to seeing this "on the apron" when she rolls out...

Andrew

• Upvote 2

Guest cmjA320

In the initial release will the ecam be fully functioning ,systems pages etc, and will it contain the checklists to be actioned when components fail?Will the sim aircraft degrade into alternate and direct law with specific failures or will we only be limited to normal law?

If I buy the initial release will I automatically be entitled to the upgraded version or will I have to pay more?

• Upvote 3

cmjA320

Please take a moment to read the post below the set of new VC images on Page 1.

I quote Mathijs:

"We are not yet giving a full list of features for the systems as we don't know all of it at this moment" and,

"The extended version will include more complex versions of the systems we left out of this product that has ease of use as it's main goal. We can not give any details on this extended version at this moment. This extended version will come as a simple low cost update to the main package"

Gotta say - you want to be on the beta team for this ac but you cannot find such obvious answers for yourself? :blink:

• Upvote 5

In the initial release will the ecam be fully functioning ,systems pages etc, and will it contain the checklists to be actioned when components fail?Will the sim aircraft degrade into alternate and direct law with specific failures or will we only be limited to normal law?

If I buy the initial release will I automatically be entitled to the upgraded version or will I have to pay more?

i think the final (advanced) version will include all electronic checklists and so on, but i'm not very sure about that.

to your second point: the update for the advanced version will cost 10-20 euro i think...

• Upvote 1

Guest cmjA320

cmjA320

Please take a moment to read the post below the set of new VC images on Page 1.

I quote Mathijs:

"We are not yet giving a full list of features for the systems as we don't know all of it at this moment" and,

"The extended version will include more complex versions of the systems we left out of this product that has ease of use as it's main goal. We can not give any details on this extended version at this moment. This extended version will come as a simple low cost update to the main package"

Gotta say - you want to be on the beta team for this ac but you cannot find such obvious answers for yourself? :blink:

I did read the post but to which you refer and I have no problem with searching but you are complaining because I asked a legitimate question.

I did not realise that to be a beta tester you have to be a master of the forum search box. I would have thought flying ability,and knowledge of the real aircraft would have more to do with it!

I would have thought that the developer would have a good idea by now what he is going to include in each release based upon how stable the sim is with certain features enabled and hopefully we may soon have an announcement of what the initial release will contain.

I asked the question because I need to decide which version I am going to buy and how much longer I will keep trying to get the wilco airbus to fly as I wish it.

• Upvote 6

I did read the post but to which you refer and I have no problem with searching but you are complaining because I asked a legitimate question.

I did not realise that to be a beta tester you have to be a master of the forum search box. I would have thought flying ability,and knowledge of the real aircraft would have more to do with it!

I would have thought that the developer would have a good idea by now what he is going to include in each release based upon how stable the sim is with certain features enabled and hopefully we may soon have an announcement of what the initial release will contain.

I asked the question because I need to decide which version I am going to buy and how much longer I will keep trying to get the wilco airbus to fly as I wish it.

if it is like that i think we all missunderstood you. sorry that i've rated you down then. but your question semmed so that you just didn't read the whole forum...

i think you should buy the first version, because i have also the wilco bus and you can't really call that an airbus. more an self-created airplane, which is looking (a little bit) like an airbus.

and i think you must buy the "normal" version of the airbus, befor you can make an upgrade on it to the final version. so better buy it when it releases and have fun with an good looking airbus then with one which has

a little more system depth, but which can't fly (and behaves like an badly trimmed boeing 737 :rolleyes:)

by the way that is the same what i'm going to do, and i think that is the best way, you can use to get away form wilco quality, to good (real) quality...

so i hope that we gonna get the airbus as soon as possible...................................so that we can enjoy airbus flights without bad flightcontrols, and so on...

• Aerosoft

and one last thing: i think the fly by wire is the system which is used to maintain the airbus in the position in which i pulled it using the sidestick. isn't that right? when not please tell me!

and i have a question: you've sayed that the manual is about 2 pages long, does that mean that there is no checklist included? (i think the list is longer that 2 pages, ore at least it is one page if you just include the importanst things. right?) so what else stands in there? a touturial flight (when even a VERY short version) ore what?

I doubt there is a definition of whats a fbw system that is complete in fact. In base it is of course a system that controls the flight surfaces through electrical signals and not cables. But for example the trim system in the Airbus (the trim tabs move first and the whole elevator later moves to center the trim tab) is also seen as a fbw feature. I am not sure it always means that the aircraft remains in the attitude you put it in, think Boeing does that different in their fbw systems.

You misunderstood me on the manual. There are several, but one of them is a two page document that gets you in the air. But there is also a much larger complete Operations Manual (with the extended checklist), a step by step guide of a flight and a standard checklist. I'll add two pages so you get an idea.

post-43-126936667279_thumb.gif

post-43-126936667443_thumb.gif

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft

yes my problems are similar to yours i think i should inform saitek about that...

but lets get back to the airbus topic befor we're quoted down (this isn't a saitek forum, it's an aerosoft one...):rolleyes:

But talking about Saitek. I am right now testing one of there new X-65F sticks (you know the ones that do not move but sense force) and it is bloody brilliant for the Airbus. Will write a full review on it later.

• Upvote 2

But talking about Saitek. I am right now testing one of there new X-65F sticks (you know the ones that do not move but sense force) and it is bloody brilliant for the Airbus. Will write a full review on it later.

That would be very interesting Mathijs I like the sound of this one  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Why speculate about release dates? Nigh on no developer will give release dates out for obvious reasons. Rest assured, the Airbus will be released when the development team are ready to release it, and we will be informed of the release. Asking for release dates will not get it out any faster...

I sometimes wonder why so many ask for release dates. Are those in question planning time off work or cancelling holidays if the release date announced coincides (or not) with the planned holiday? :D

Looking forward to seeing this "on the apron" when she rolls out...

Andrew

For internal projects like the Airbus you know we are open and discuss the release dates as much as possible. But I got to say this is a mighty complex project, most of all in deciding what we will do and what not (feet-warmer switch NO, runway-turn-off lights YES). But we are now seriously in the beta stage and that always a finite stage, it means we know what we'll include. But the list is long and some of the bugs are highly complex. Even something that sounds simple like the seat belt lights has a system behind it in the Airbus that decides what happens when it is in the AUTO setting (it has ON/AUTO/OFF). There are at least 5 conditions that make the seatbelt chime heard but more conditions that suppress it. And one of the conditions is passing the 10.000 feet mark. But is that 10.000 ft QNH or FL100? Took me two hours to find the answer to that one (real Bus pilots could not tell them, they don't mind, but I am sure there is some hobbyist that will call it a bug if we get it wrong.

Let me attach a few lines of the current bug list:

• Apu01: APU needs cool down period of 3 min when switched off.
  • Apu02: It is possible to switch APU bleed on despite the APU is not running
  • Fuel01: XFEEF OPEN light not being lit
  • Elec01: EXT Avail light not lit when external power connected and batteries off

At the same time we got the professional version to complete. We are on hold for that now as we wait for some info so we are back to working on the FSX version at this moment, but it could be different at 08:00 tomorrow. But in all honesty I would say we need at least 2 weeks at this moment.

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft

We're not big on failures. They take a huge amount of time, money and effort to make, are a bitch to debug and our market research lead us to believe they impress customers more on feature lists then in actual use. To make them realistic also means you would most likely never see them. If our average customer flies the bus 2 hours a week, how long do you think he got to fly on average to get his first generator failure? The answer is 221 years. Other failures are even more rare, Engine fires would happen every 500 years or so. Customers who want failures want very unreliable aircraft, lol. The ECAM pages are pretty good, we got around 250 messages in it now. I know there are a hundreds more but if they link to failures we don't fully handle, what good are they?

And you will be offered a low cost update if you got the first release. But keep in mind that even the enhanced version will most likely not go as far as some PMDG projects. Just a matter of principle there, we really do not see the need to have 12 climate control zones and a fully functional 'ditching' switch when FSX does not allow ditching. I know some customers will want to see an minute increase in amp load when the 'feet warmer' switch is on but that's a bit to close to fully flushing toilets for me.

• Upvote 7

I doubt there is a definition of whats a fbw system that is complete in fact. In base it is of course a system that controls the flight surfaces through electrical signals and not cables. But for example the trim system in the Airbus (the trim tabs move first and the whole elevator later moves to center the trim tab) is also seen as a fbw feature. I am not sure it always means that the aircraft remains in the attitude you put it in, think Boeing does that different in their fbw systems.

You misunderstood me on the manual. There are several, but one of them is a two page document that gets you in the air. But there is also a much larger complete Operations Manual (with the extended checklist), a step by step guide of a flight and a standard checklist. I'll add two pages so you get an idea.

ok, thx for the answer. and i was thinking about what the aerosoft team was thinking when deciding that they woun't do a big manual...:blush:

just a question: if the manual is already done can you please make it already downloadeble, so that i can study it now, so that i can fly the bus when it releases...

(i want to fly when the bus comes out, not to read! and i think that's not just my opinion)

• Upvote 1

Guest cmjA320

Mathijs,one of the "delights" of the electric bus are the customer defined options.Airbus have huge catalogues of what components you can change on your aircraft when you buy one. The aircraft may all look the same on the outside but they can be very different on the inside depending on what the buyer specified.

What I am trying to say is that no matter which way you model something you will always get somebody saying that it is wrong.I am myself guilty of this by posting about the duplicate illumination of lights in the efis control panel.My airline has a mix of 320/321 of various ages and we don't have it but obviously some other customers think it is important and pay for it. You will never please everybody.

Finally, will the professional version be based upon the fsx model or do you intend it to be a stand alone product?

EMI,there is a section in the fcom which gives you an introduction to the airbus fbw system .I an send you a copy of the article if you would like to see it.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Finally, will the professional version be based upon the fsx model or do you intend it to be a stand alone product?

EMI,there is a section in the fcom which gives you an introduction to the airbus fbw system .I an send you a copy of the article if you would like to see it.

I got a meter of manuals for the Bus. Too much in fact and I must say we default a lot to North West documents that are available on the net, very nice AOM they done.

Can't say a lot on the professional versions, but one of them is based on ESP (it's not 'legal' anymore to do anything non-hobby with FSX) and the other only used the modeling. I already showed that image so I can add it again. That's an old version (incomplete!) of our bus in one of the nicest display engines around these days.

post-43-126937090008_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Guest inbrekers1

I do not completely understand your question 'and I'm not Mathijs) but There are 3 versions of this plane I think.

1. For a professional customer who's identity is unknown to the public.

2. The spin-off project we'll all be flying in FSX.

3. The enhanced spin-off project from the 1st spin-off which only complete Airbus geeks (I count my self in for that) will buy and fly. Which is more realistic than the normal spin-off FSX version but less realistic then the one for the professional customer.

I guess for you, the third project is the best you'll get. (Except if the airline your flying for has bought the professional Aerosoft project)

EDIT: I just saw Mathijs answered your question a minute before I did.

• Upvote 3

Mathijs: I know this is probably an early version of the documantation you are showing here but there are a couple of typos in it that you may not be aware of. On the After Start Checklist, the Wing Anti Ice reads AR RQRD rather than AS RQRD and on the Taxiing checklist, the EXT LT reads AR RQRD instead of AS RQRD. Also on the lighting diagram there doesnt seem to be any mention of wing lights but the switch is shown on the panel without an ID number? Also while I am here, can you confirm if you are still intending to release laminated checklists to be made available for those who buy the download version? I did ask before but I think my question must have been drowned out in the forum hubub.

• Upvote 3

Guest cmjA320

Mathijs have any of your testers flown the sim single engine or both engines working in a strong gusty crosswind?

• Upvote 2

I am not sure it always means that the aircraft remains in the attitude you put it in

The autotrim actually is not maintaining the current pitch when you release the stick. It rather maintains load factor at 1G in pitch. So if you are maintaing a 5 degrees nose up pitch and you select flaps, autotrim will trim down to lower the pitch as flaps extent trying to maintain 1G. If you decelerate pitch increases and vise versa if you accelerate and so on.....

Generally whatever change increases load factor (G>1.0) pitch reduces and vise versa. (manual flight)

Marios

• Upvote 2

I just tried the Logitech G940 system that includes rudder pedals and it is very nice too..

• Upvote 2