Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Many Thanks for the quick reply Mathijs,

I hope they are curved as it does a major difference to the ND sensation. Looking forward to try it anyway though!

Btw a note as I saw from the screenshots, (maybe already fixed though as they are work in progress) ISA deviation on left bottom corner of ECAM SD is only displayed if captain's baro reference is set to STD. When you have a QNH selected it's not there. ;)

Thanks

Marios

and i've a question about the engines:

is it so that you mustn't push the trottles forward to make the bus moving forward on the ground?

and how good is that simulated?

and a question about the fly by wire:

does it behave like the fbw on the wilco bus ore is it much different?

• Upvote 2

and a question about the fly by wire:

does it behave like the fbw on the wilco bus ore is it much different?

No it behaves like the Airbus Industries bus :lol::P

• Upvote 2

Mathijs; Is it still your intention to include the option of hardcopy laminated checklists etc via mail order along with the download version of the bus?

well said Mathijs.....

people should read the rest of the thread before posting, as many questions have been answered more than 5 times!

A :beer3_s: for that man!

paul

Small off topic comment. There was one kind reader (and yes we know who) that felt it needed to give my post a -1 vote. Now for the love of God, why would anybody have a problem with what I wrote? We even showed images of this aircraft in professional sims!

If you feel I written something that I should not have written or that was stupid, do vote me down. I do mess up like everybody. But that post was most certainly not one of those. From this moment on we'll simple remove people who do such things from our forum and block the IP. The voting system is a great way to let each other know what you think of a post. But a few people can mess up the whole system and we'll simply not accept that. Vote posts up when you think they help the discussion, ask good questions or when you see somebody helping another person. Be careful with voting down, it should only be used when a post asks for something hat has been answered a few times, or somebody who is just a pain in the ass. You know it as well as I know it and there is a wide margin of interpretation that we will not mess with.

Most certainly vote something up when you see a negative vote that is not right.

There will be a two page document that will help you get in the air and back on the ground. See we claim even a inexperienced simmer can fly this Aircraft with serious realism with just two pages.

However, the font size will be 1 pt. (A magnifying glass will not be included with the download.)

Just kidding, of course. ;)

I have to say the VC looks absolutely stunning. Even if this plane couldn't fly at all I might still buy it, just to sit in the VC every now and then!!! I can't wait to look around in it with my Track IR!

• Upvote 1

HA! Imagine being in the control tower and hearing this..."Delta 555 inbound to land runway 31R..." and the voice from the other side being that of a five year old kid.

LOL! Actually he's pretty proficient on all the flight systems in FS2004...it amazes me because he simply can't remember to pull his plate forward close to him when he eats (even though I've told him a thousand times) yet when it comes to complex flight systems in FS....he remembers every thing, sigh!

LOL! Actually he's pretty proficient on all the flight systems in FS2004...it amazes me because he simply can't remember to pull his plate forward close to him when he eats (even though I've told him a thousand times) yet when it comes to complex flight systems in FS....he remembers every thing, sigh!

ahh! and what happens when he attempts at eating while flying? or is that not allowed?

Guest cmjA320

No sorry we got all the beta's we need at this moment. (and enough real bus drivers among them)

Can i go on the waiting list to test then please?

ahh! and what happens when he attempts at eating while flying? or is that not allowed?

LOL - you saw the pizza box in the last picture!

But seriously, back on topic; in my opinion only, I think Aerosoft is striking the right "blend" between those that want the eye candy, and those that want the serious simulation of all systems. Appealling to the masses, where the money is and there is nothing wrong with that.

• Upvote 2

LOL - you saw the pizza box in the last picture!

But seriously, back on topic; in my opinion only, I think Aerosoft is striking the right "blend" between those that want the eye candy, and those that want the serious simulation of all systems. Appealling to the masses, where the money is and there is nothing wrong with that.

Haha, yes i did, and yeah, i completely agree with you.

Hi Mathijs, did you ever get around the FSX taxi problem where we have to consistently adjust the throttles to keep moving or can we add a little thrust and and then taxi on idle?

Nope. It can only be solved by tweaking files of FSX and we almost never try to do that. There are some tweaks around that solve it, but all of these are based changing the sim and not an aircraft.

somehow, the wilco a32x aircraft have accomplished this. i don't know how they did it, though.

Oh? I'll have a look at that.

Mathijs please do look, because I think it is very realistic. One only has to release breaks in order to start moving, and if it's not realistic it sure comes very handy when taxiing!

http://yfrog.us/2ffsx2010032201571223z

PLUR

• Upvote 2

I think the pictures are stunning.

I have a question though: have these images been altered somehow? I mean gamma or contrast/brightness correction, because I have problems with getting nice contrast in FSX. It's really a shame that there is no decent HDR in FSX and we can't see the huge difference in brightness between the outside and the inside when in VC.

Best regards.

• Upvote 2

I think the pictures are stunning.

I have a question though: have these images been altered somehow? I mean gamma or contrast/brightness correction, because I have problems with getting nice contrast in FSX. It's really a shame that there is no decent HDR in FSX and we can't see the huge difference in brightness between the outside and the inside when in VC.

Best regards.

I'm ready to bet that those images were not altered.

Anyways i did notice that when i use FSX on a external screen (vs the usual laptop screen) i get a much better contrast on the external. Its almost as if the Internal Laptop screen's image is "Washed out"

As a matter of fact i had a huge amount of trouble getting the colors right for my Finnair repaint, until i saw that it was pretty good on the other screen.

• Upvote 2

Guest cmjA320

Taxi-ing the real aircraft is actually easier at higher weight as the tyre has a bigger contact spot to the pavement.The 321 is also better as taxi-ing with very little power than the 320.In my company we try not to use more than 40% N1 and keep the aircraft under 30 kt in a straight line.Airbus advise you to let the aircraft acccelerate than when you get to about 30kt make a brake application.This provides better wear to the carbon brakes rather than riding them down the taxiway.If anybody is really interested I will find the page in the fcom.

• Upvote 1

Taxi-ing the real aircraft is actually easier at higher weight as the tyre has a bigger contact spot to the pavement.The 321 is also better as taxi-ing with very little power than the 320.In my company we try not to use more than 40% N1 and keep the aircraft under 30 kt in a straight line.Airbus advise you to let the aircraft acccelerate than when you get to about 30kt make a brake application.This provides better wear to the carbon brakes rather than riding them down the taxiway.If anybody is really interested I will find the page in the fcom.

But there is an inherent problem within FSX which doesn't allow this. So maybe the option of letting the airbus move on its own accord after brake release is a better option then having to re-adjust the throttle every few meters or so?

Guest cmjA320

That is probably a better idea than having to keep adjusting the thrust as you taxi.When you are taxing around somewhere such as Manchester you are concentrating on making sure you are going the right way as their taxiway layout is awful and you don't want to keep changing thrust all the time.

• Upvote 1

Guest cmjA320

I have just been looking at the photos that were posted by the boss back on page 1 and I noticed that two of the buttons(wpt,arpt) on the efis control panel are illuminated.On the bus I fly you can only select one at a time.

• Upvote 1

I have just been looking at the photos that were posted by the boss back on page 1 and I noticed that two of the buttons(wpt,arpt) on the efis control panel are illuminated.On the bus I fly you can only select one at a time.

Hi,

it's possible to activate two of them. See here:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YR5-AWcZEWY at 0:16