Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Nope. It can only be solved by tweaking files of FSX and we almost never try to do that. There are some tweaks around that solve it, but all of these are based changing the sim and not an aircraft.

somehow, the wilco a32x aircraft have accomplished this. i don't know how they did it, though.

• Upvote 1

Guest inbrekers1

Yes we are, we support an orphanage in Ethiopia, because we feel guilty making money on something as silly as computer games. We send tens of thousand of Euro's of our own money to these kids in the last few years for whom the color of the Airbus panel means bit less then a roof, good food and above all somebody who loves and protects them. With every purchase at Aerosoft you get the offer to add a few Euro's for this cause. This is NOT connected to what we pay, and we assure you 100% of the money you send arrive in Africa (we pay all additional costs).

If I made you feel guilty about spending so much money on games... Good.

xD. Well I don't want to go off-topic to far. But still Aerosoft wants to make money. Without money no business. Coca Cola also participates in these charity projects but still they want to make money. But the big money for you guys from Aerosoft of course is coming from the professional side of your products. And the charity is a nice extra bit.

Anyway. Charity or not, you guys are doing a fantastic job in creating FSX products.

• Upvote 1

Well I got the spreadsheets to prove my point. PMDG does well, but just look at other companies trying the same thing. You think Airsimmers is in great shape right now, just to name one example? How many other high end projects are loosing money? I know a few, we sell them. Seriously, if I see a product that did cost 5000 Euro to develop making as much profit as products like the PMDG 747 you really start to wonder. Not a bad word about PMDG, but they are in a niche market of a niche market. If they (and we btw) would not have professional use of these projects they would most likely all be marginally profitable. Aerosoft is happy to break even on our Airbus X, we are making the money on the professional side. The big airlines pay us to be able to sell you these products at cost price.

You got any idea what support on a product like this costs (in 4 languages) or what it costs to have the manuals translated into Spanish? Or the cost for marketing of these high end products? Or the returns (product is faulty) from customers who are not able to handle it. Oh yeah you never read forum posts from those customers, right? There is a good market for high end , high complex products and we love selling them. But if you just see the forums and websites you only see 20% of what is happening. We could never exists on that 20%.

And why a high end model, high end sound, high end flight model, high end animations etc but with some systems that do not include the most complex functions? Simple, humans are visual beings. A #####ty looking aircraft would simply not sell at all. Our Airbus X looks better then any other (imho) and will sell because if that.

Well said!!!!!!!!!! It's amazing how others are experts on marketing with only the most basic of facts to back up their arguments.

Tom

• Upvote 2

I know there has been much said as to the complexity of this add-on, and just how much the pilots do in real life...that being said, the pilots for these jets are getting younger and younger and so can get away with doing a lot less!

Just have a look at the Captains for a couple of flights we've taken on the Airbus A3xx:

OK - that's my son, at a couple of different ages being allowed to sit in the cockpit...I thought this might help lighten up the conversation a bit! I have many more of him in there - Frontier airlines has been very good about allowing him (and me) up there to take pictures, etc. And now he flys the Airbus A320 in FS2004 all the time!!!!! He's now 11 yrs old btw, but was different ages in all of these pictures...

post-736-126911987075_thumb.jpg

post-736-126911989503_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

I won't post them all, but here's one more (these are all on different flights)

I hope they removed the pizza box before they took off!

Great photos! Thats one lucky little guy!  :rolleyes:

Guest cmjA320

The images you have supplied look very good,but it is how realistically it flies that is the going to be the deciding factor for whether I buy this sim

I realize that you are quoting Mathijs, but I wonder how this claim can be substantiated? I do not have the facts either, but PMDG's ongoing success couldn't possibly have come about by servicing a 'very small group' of customers. I've seen the sentiment that simmers can't handle full and in-depth realism in many forums and in the advertisements for many new products coming out for FSX. I wonder why everyone is so intimidated by complexity when many of these aircraft are so automated to begin with? Honestly, with something as incredible and ground-breaking as the A32x series, why not take it as far as you can go?

If we want a simpler model in the sim, then why not model a simpler aircraft?

I am looking forward to Aerosoft's airbus and believe that the offering will mature nicely, but I wonder why there is such a strong perception that the market wants "light" versions?

PMDG like im sure with aerosoft dont make money our of end consumers such as ourselves, there money is made by selling their products to companies that require high end simulators and the like. I know of simulators here in Australia which have the old PMDG 737 running on FS2004, these are fully functioning simulators but at fraction of the cost of a simulator from boeing recommended suppliers. PMDG is sucessful to this end and will be even more sucessful with the upcoming FSX version of NGX2 as there will be demand to build higher end simulators.

Hey !

Just a big THANK to Mathijs to answer at every postshappy.gif.

Really thank you Mathijs !

I think we should not only thank Mathijs! we should say thank you to the whole aerosoft company and to all others who make flightsimulation being that what it is!!!

Just think about what would be without aerosoft, pmdg, and so on... who is flying the default 747-400 which you can find in the normal fsx? i think no serious flightsimmer is doing that!

so lets say thank you to all developers of flightsim add-ons for their great work, which made the flightsimulator x what it is now.

and by the way, the pics and videos of the airbus x look really great

i can't wait for the release any longer...:wub:

• Upvote 3

I think we should not only thank Mathijs! we should say thank you to the whole aerosoft company and to all others who make flightsimulation being that what it is!!!

Just think about what would be without aerosoft, pmdg, and so on... who is flying the default 747-400 which you can find in the normal fsx? i think no serious flightsimmer is doing that!

so lets say thank you to all developers of flightsim add-ons for their great work, which made the flightsimulator x what it is now.

and by the way, the pics and videos of the airbus x look really great

i can't wait for the release any longer...wub.gif

of course, thanks to the entire aerosoft but I wanted to especially tell it to Mathijs because he is always answering to any question and has a lot of patience!

• Upvote 1

Heck I seen them younger (could be I am getting older though).

Well Mathijs wait for the moment you actually see you're own son fly this stuff in real life for living as I have lol :D

Then you are also amused by some comments made here :blush:

Cheers,

André

of course, thanks to the entire aerosoft but I wanted to especially tell it to Mathijs because he is always answering to any question and has a lot of patience!

damn i really wish we could hold a party or something online to thank mathjis.....

anyways. to get ontopic again,

im wondering if a pilot can control his rudder while landing.

and also if there will be a option to fly the A32x in Direct Law...

• Upvote 1

OK - that's my son, at a couple of different ages being allowed to sit in the cockpit...I thought this might help lighten up the conversation a bit! I have many more of him in there - Frontier airlines has been very good about allowing him (and me) up there to take pictures, etc. And now he flys the Airbus A320 in FS2004 all the time!!!!! He's now 11 yrs old btw, but was different ages in all of these pictures...

Shouldn't he be in the control tower? :P

• Upvote 4

And why a high end model, high end sound, high end flight model, high end animations etc but with some systems that do not include the most complex functions? Simple, humans are visual beings. A #####ty looking aircraft would simply not sell at all. Our Airbus X looks better then any other (imho) and will sell because if that.

This is what I'm counting on. Long gone are the times when we focused on the looks and handling of a model instead of all the clicks on the mouse/keyboard we have to make just to imagine we turned some systems on, silly if you ask me. When Aerosoft announced this project (maybe shouldn't have done it so early), I worried that they could deviate its purpose with all those posts about getting more and more systems simulated. I understand people want this, well, some people out of a big bunch, I only want great visuals and handling along with a decent sound package. that's all. If all payware companies would start releasing these kind of products, we'd see more models out there because it requires sooooo less time than programming all those simulated systems and costs would definitely go down. If the time and will to further develop this product into a more systems intensive model exists from Aerosoft, let it be, but a huge THANK YOU for thinking of us (non-complicated visual simmers) first.

Jose.

Note: ahhhhh, why can't I say it and you can Mathijs? Look at the censorship on the quote...LOL!

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Much appreciated.

But (apart from an incident now and then) it is no chore but a pleasure. 95% of people here are just nice people who it is pleasure to discuss things with.

• Upvote 5

• Aerosoft

Note: ahhhhh, why can't I say it and you can Mathijs? Look at the censorship on the quote...LOL!

Indeed. I just removed "shitty" from the banned word list. Not a big fan of all the political correct stuff. If people need software to determine what they can write and what not something is wrong!

• Upvote 4