Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

This is beautiful work. However, I have seen screenshots of just as beautiful Airbus VC's before though and the projects became vapourware. Hope this one flies, and flies well.

This is beautiful work. However, I have seen screenshots of just as beautiful Airbus VC's before though and the projects became vapourware. Hope this one flies, and flies well.

Oh it will, rest assured.

Great work, cannot wait to fly this aircraft. Just a suggestion, you need to include liviries of different continents instead of concentrating on europe, which most of the liveries are based on. You would be suprised to know how many of us here in Australia are waiting for this but a lot of people will not buy it unless there is a jetstar livery. The same in say Malaysia i know heaps of people, probably in the 100's on the Malaysian FSX forum who are waiting for this but probably wont buy it without a malaysin carriers livery same applies to the middle east,lots of people are eagerly awaiting this aircraft but would not buy if it there is a regional airline such as air arabia. My point if you market this aircraft globally you will get a lot more sales, more sales will mean hopefully a larger budget for an advanced version!

• Upvote 3

Great work, cannot wait to fly this aircraft. Just a suggestion, you need to include liviries of different continents instead of concentrating on europe, which most of the liveries are based on. You would be suprised to know how many of us here in Australia are waiting for this but a lot of people will not buy it unless there is a jetstar livery. The same in say Malaysia i know heaps of people, probably in the 100's on the Malaysian FSX forum who are waiting for this but probably wont buy it without a malaysin carriers livery same applies to the middle east,lots of people are eagerly awaiting this aircraft but would not buy if it there is a regional airline such as air arabia. My point if you market this aircraft globally you will get a lot more sales, more sales will mean hopefully a larger budget for an advanced version!

+1, i agree. It'd be nice if we could have 2-3 for every continent. (Minus Antarctica of course! ;) ) I don't think we need to worry about that, however, because if you check the Airbus Liveries section on the forum, then you'd most likely end up finding the livery you'd like... and if you don't, then you can request it there!

Matt

• Upvote 1

As one of the people involved in repainting of the Airbus , I must say that we have covered most of the airlines that actualy fly the A321 and since receiving the paintkit for the A320 have made a start on liveries for this airceaft too . I can''t say that all airlines will be included but you can be certain that once the paintkit is released any airlines not covered will surely follow .

Most repaints have been discussed in this topic : http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=31387 ( yes 20 + pages ) worth looking through , as most are already covered . You must consider that to paint an aircraft we are reliant on sites such as Airliners.net for images and some airlines may only have 1 or 2 aircraft of this type ( 320 or 321 ) , so are not popular with photographers either .

As for repaints already made , there are just too many to mention here , so check out the link above .

John

This looks mouth wateringly excellent..

Id sell my Mum and two Aunts to see a full video preview of this bird.

Cant be long surley???

Please send a photo of your mum and your aunts...... :D

• Upvote 6

+1, i agree. It'd be nice if we could have 2-3 for every continent. (Minus Antarctica of course! ;) ) I don't think we need to worry about that, however, because if you check the Airbus Liveries section on the forum, then you'd most likely end up finding the livery you'd like... and if you don't, then you can request it there!

Matt

Recall that the primary customers at which this product is targeted (who greatly outnumber the rest of us :) ) presumably don't peruse forums so they wouldn't be aware of these repaints. May I suggest that at some point at/after release aerosoft provide an official download page for repaints similar to what PMDG does (see here http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/liveries.html). Of course in the case of the Airbus X it would be (mostly) user uploaded liveries.

This way the forum non-savvy customers - again, presumably the majority - can also find their favorite repaints (when it eventually becomes available).

Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 2

Mathijs,

Having just started Beta testing recently and it being the middle of March, are you still hopeful of a March release or does that seem to be a little difficult of a time frame at this point? I'm really looking forward to a quality bus for FSX as many are. The work shown is nothing short of fantastic. I applaud you guys for being the most open developer with your customers and keeping us int he loop.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Why is the Fly-by-Wire on the default A321 so unresponsive? Will the A32X be like this?

Mmmmm, other then that the engines are hopelessly wrong in the default Airbus the FBW implementation is actually pretty good. A FBW aircraft simply behaves very different then a aircraft that has more direct controls. They tend to have lower G forces in all maneuvers and you might see that as sluggish and unresponsive, but it makes for a more comfortable and more fuel efficient flight.

Of course we tweaked it a lot. But it is not a lot more responsive.

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

Having just started Beta testing recently and it being the middle of March, are you still hopeful of a March release or does that seem to be a little difficult of a time frame at this point? I'm really looking forward to a quality bus for FSX as many are. The work shown is nothing short of fantastic. I applaud you guys for being the most open developer with your customers and keeping us int he loop.

Hopeful yes. And the beta is running very good (always a good sign when the developers start to complain about the testers, lol), but the actual release depends a lot on the professional version. That one has to be completed first.

• Upvote 4

A version for prof. simulators like the A320 by Lufthansa?

I think he is referring to the original requirement for a professional "trainer" for Air Berlin pilots.

In detail I would not know as I have not got that one installed. We don't look a lot at other products when we work on something. If I see that the ECAM and overhead panels do exactly what the manual tells me they should do I think it is good enough.

thanks mathjs but one question how many buttons work on the pedestal and overhead panel???and do all buttons that are clickable do what they should do???

oh and mathjis should i buy the aerosoft airbus x??? i wanna an airbus plane with:

fully simulated systems like the PMDG MD-11

an extremly detailed VC

and a fully programable FMC

and a good exterior model would be good too!

im hardcore simmer flying in the moment pmdg md-11 but wanna fly an airbus ;D

• Upvote 1

The very first post in this thread should answer your wish #2. The others were answered in the second post in this thread.

Edit: About that first post, though. Mathijs, that was some really impressive work, editing out the airliners.net watermarks.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

A version for prof. simulators like the A320 by Lufthansa?

We can not comment on our professional customers until they are showing it, but yes that would very well be possible. More and more these sims start to have exterior model. We sold the F1-6 we done for example to a company who makes training software for mechanics.

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft

thanks mathjs but one question how many buttons work on the pedestal and overhead panel???and do all buttons that are clickable do what they should do???

All buttons that have some function in FSX will work of course. All hydraulic, electrical, lighting systems work. We are always a bit careful to make buttons clickable that have no functionality, adding an animation and a click sound without any functionality is faking simulating. So we do not make the DICTHING, MAN V/S CL or LDG ELEV AUTO buttons clickable. What would you like to see happening when you click the AFT CARGO HOT AIR button? Switching something off (it's AUTO ON as all systems) that does not exist in the simulator? I know other companies make them 'usable' but I always feel like an idiot when I use such a button in the sim.

It's not a Boeing where the crew controls the systems to a large degree. It's an Airbus that does it automatically until there is a problem. And we do not intend to go deep into failures.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

oh and mathjis should i buy the aerosoft airbus x??? i wanna an airbus plane with:

fully simulated systems like the PMDG MD-11

an extremly detailed VC

and a fully programable FMC

and a good exterior model would be good too!

im hardcore simmer flying in the moment pmdg md-11 but wanna fly an airbus ;D

Well, you want "fully simulated systems", I always smile when I read that, you do know PMDG does not claim to do that do you? We beat PMDG in the second and fourth item until they do a new project and PMDG does not have the first and the third because nobody has. But most likely this will not be an Airbus for you the hard core simmer. If you would have spend a few moment reading some of the posts you would have known that and would not have asked the obvious.

• Upvote 10