Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

We think this looks pretty darned good. In fact, I have never seen a airliner VC look this good.

You bet nobody has never seen a better looking VC! Thank you for that screenshots! Excellent, marvellous, all thumbs up, stunning!!!

Ok Mathijs thats not fair posting real A320's cockpits on here, lets see some of the aircrafts youve made for FSX!!!blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Hihi, that was a good one!

If the controller requests me to sink from 18000 feet to 6000 feet, and if I enter the new altitude in the autopilot, then I would like a visual prediction where on the flight path I will reach the new altitude. This is a basic function and should be included. rolleyes.gif

I hope it doesn't go too far off-topic, but it's the perfect answer for that posting:

Some 15 months ago I was on a flight from Wien to Berlin, a service done by LH with an Avro RJ85 Cityjet. As I got some privileges as a real life pilot, I occupied the cockpit's jump seat during the flight. The captain was a female, the 2nd officer a male. 22 NM south of the initial approach fix for Berlin-Tegel the controller requested a descent from 9000 feet to 2000 feet, to be reached at the inital approach fix.

The 2nd officer grabbed his pocket flight computer and began to enter groundspeed, distance and altitude to be traded off to determine the required sink rate. Long before he finished (And that took only some 15 seconds) the captain had dialled in the sink rate. Her approximation differed by 30 feet from that computed by the 2nd officer. She was right - we got to the fix at exactely the aimed altitude. The 2nd officer commented to me: "See, that's the difference between men and women. I did the math, she didn't and she was right." and to her: "How did you do it?" Captain: "You should know it by now. Female intuition!"

That was a glimpse on how it's done in reality.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

you mean the systems gonna better simulated than Wilco?

In detail I would not know as I have not got that one installed. We don't look a lot at other products when we work on something. If I see that the ECAM and overhead panels do exactly what the manual tells me they should do I think it is good enough.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I hope it doesn't go too far off-topic, but it's the perfect answer for that posting:

Some 15 months ago I was on a flight from Wien to Berlin, a service done by LH with an Avro RJ85 Cityjet. As I got some privileges as a real life pilot, I occupied the cockpit's jump seat during the flight. The captain was a female, the 2nd officer a male. 22 NM south of the initial approach fix for Berlin-Tegel the controller requested a descent from 9000 feet to 2000 feet, to be reached at the inital approach fix.

The 2nd officer grabbed his pocket flight computer and began to enter groundspeed, distance and altitude to be traded off to determine the required sink rate. Long before he finished (And that took only some 15 seconds) the captain had dialled in the sink rate. Her approximation differed by 30 feet from that computed by the 2nd officer. She was right - we got to the fix at exactely the aimed altitude. The 2nd officer commented to me: "See, that's the difference between men and women. I did the math, she didn't and she was right." and to her: "How did you do it?" Captain: "You should know it by now. Female intuition!"

That was a glimpse on how it's done in reality.

Lol... so right. For some reason flight simmers think Airbus pilots spend all of their time entering numbers in the MCDU. It just does not work that way.

A few weeks ago I was flying online and got told by the controller to fly hdg 050. As I decided to fly the procedure manually I was not precise enough for that controller as he told me to stay on 050 and not 052. On an ILS intercept of 2 miles. You got to be Lindbergh himself to be that precise.

• Upvote 4

A few weeks ago I was flying online and got told by the controller to fly hdg 050. As I decided to fly the procedure manually I was not precise enough for that controller as he told me to stay on 050 and not 052. On an ILS intercept of 2 miles. You got to be Lindbergh himself to be that precise.

Lol... Rather ridiculous. Neither Lindbergh nor the most powerful flightcomputer/autopilot servos could achieve that!

A question, Mathijs:

I got so excited about the new screenshots and the obvious quality of the Aerosoft Airbus that I posted on the FlightXPress forum about it.

As an appetizer I uploaded two of you screenshots there. Of course with the links to you original posting here and with the detailling out the creator, namely you and Aerosoft. But on second thought I'm not so sure anymore if you appreciate that screenshots leak out of the aerosoft forum.

If not just tell me and I will delete those links to the screenshots in my FlightXPress posting.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Lol... Rather ridiculous. Neither Lindbergh nor the most powerful flightcomputer/autopilot servos could achieve that!

A question, Mathijs:

I got so excited about the new screenshots and the obvious quality of the Aerosoft Airbus that I posted on the FlightXPress forum about it.

As an appetizer I uploaded two of you screenshots there. Of course with the links to you original posting here and with the detailling out the creator, namely you and Aerosoft. But on second thought I'm not so sure anymore if you appreciate that screenshots leak out of the aerosoft forum.

If not just tell me and I will delete those links to the screenshots in my FlightXPress posting.

No problem with that. In contrast to 'the other airbus developers whose name I am not allowed to mention here' we got no problem showing what we done. In fact Urs got them this morning for the preview he is doing for the magazine.

If it is posted here, feel free to use it.

• Upvote 1

Mathijs,

The cockpit is breathtaking!

I have one question. I've noticed a number of times it's been mentioned in the old threads that the gauges are written in such a manner that a certain amount of user customization may be possible.

Would this mean that we would be able to tweak certain elements to our own tastes? For example, would I be able to tweak the colour of the ISIS. It seems to me that in many flightdeck photos I have seen, the ground colour appears to be very dark when compared to that of the PFD (in some shots it appears almost black). I know this is subjective and that others may not agree with my interpretation, so could I customize the colours of that particular gauge to suit my own tastes?

Thanks,

Dave

isis1.jpg

Mathijs,

The cockpit is breathtaking!

I have one question. I've noticed a number of times it's been mentioned in the old threads that the gauges are written in such a manner that a certain amount of user customization may be possible.

Would this mean that we would be able to tweak certain elements to our own tastes? For example, would I be able to tweak the colour of the ISIS. It seems to me that in many flightdeck photos I have seen, the ground colour appears to be very dark when compared to that of the PFD (in some shots it appears almost black). I know this is subjective and that others may not agree with my interpretation, so could I customize the colours of that particular gauge to suit my own tastes?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave: Yes, you can change the colors on the main displays at will. They are in XML, and so long as a person knows just a little bit about XML colors, I think they'll have no trouble making that change.

One thing I have run into: from the tons of photos I've seen, the color of the elements in the displays vary wildly with shadows and lighting, picture contrast, etc., not to mention the fact that the display elements appear slightly darker (less pure magenta and less cyan) in more recent versions of the real displays' software. Contrast this photo ( http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/864/swisslisbon10wb1.jpg ) with the colors that simmers have become used to over time... the standard magentas and cyans and greens and browns that have been seen in, for example, the default Airbus in FSX, plus several addon FSX Airbus aircraft. We think we've got it done very well, but fortunately those who want something different have the complete freedom to pretty easily change the colors.

Scott

This bird is a new standard in the sim word. Now, all other developer teams will see what quality of the product could be and obviously will try to do even better product. Finally, the customer will wins.

Congrads Aerosoft team! :D

Dave: Yes, you can change the colors on the main displays at will. They are in XML, and so long as a person knows just a little bit about XML colors, I think they'll have no trouble making that change.

One thing I have run into: from the tons of photos I've seen, the color of the elements in the displays vary wildly with shadows and lighting, picture contrast, etc., not to mention the fact that the display elements appear slightly darker (less pure magenta and less cyan) in more recent versions of the real displays' software. Contrast this photo ( http://img217.images...lisbon10wb1.jpg ) with the colors that simmers have become used to over time... the standard magentas and cyans and greens and browns that have been seen in, for example, the default Airbus in FSX, plus several addon FSX Airbus aircraft. We think we've got it done very well, but fortunately those who want something different have the complete freedom to pretty easily change the colors.

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the reply! I think that you guys have done an amazing job of getting the display and panel colours right. It's only the ISIS display that looks a bit "bright" to me in relation to the other displays. That's the only thing that I would end up tweaking to my own taste. Everything else is spot-on in my opinion.

Dave

• Aerosoft

Scott,

Thanks for the reply! I think that you guys have done an amazing job of getting the display and panel colours right. It's only the ISIS display that looks a bit "bright" to me in relation to the other displays. That's the only thing that I would end up tweaking to my own taste. Everything else is spot-on in my opinion.

Dave

That one is already fixed, will send a shot to the forum tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

I've a question about the autoflight (again):

Is the airbus able to fly an open climb ore must i enter the vertical speed manually?

And another question:

what about the sounds which appear while kanding (100, 50, 40, 30, 20, (retard), 10, 5)

are they included in the "not advanced" version of the A320/321?

I am wondering one thing: is there any plan to make a 2D cockpit for the bus? I really do not like VC and I do not use it actually.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Guest inbrekers1

I am wondering one thing: is there any plan to make a 2D cockpit for the bus? I really do not like VC and I do not use it actually.

Regards

I don't know how many times this had been asked before but no there won't be an 2D panel.

I don't know how many times this had been asked before but no there won't be an 2D panel.

Sorry for not spending all my life in this forum reading thousands of pages

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I've a question about the autoflight (again):

Is the airbus able to fly an open climb ore must i enter the vertical speed manually?

And another question:

what about the sounds which appear while kanding (100, 50, 40, 30, 20, (retard), 10, 5)

are they included in the "not advanced" version of the A320/321?

On the first, both will be possible as it should be.

On the second, all that is normally used is in the project. There are very few companies that have the 10 and 5 feet sounds though. During a standard landing these would need to be played almost at the same time. Just think about the 200 fpm rate and calculate how much time there is to play 20, retard, 10 and 5. In my calculation the spoiler would be extended at 10 feet AGL.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Regards

No 2d.

This is a full FSX project and we do not intend to use any 256 color, flat 2d panels that can never show what the pilot sees (unless he has a very flexible neck and always flies at 12:30 zulu). I do understand some people prefer 2d panels but they simply do not match with our idea of realism. We will provide 3d viewpoints that are realistic of course. But no straight on, no shadow, no depth 2d panels.

• Upvote 1