Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

mathjs your plane is in Final stage right is the systemsimulation better than wilco??is ELEC,HYD,FUEL fully simulated???oh and if you have enough money do you wana release an advanced edition of the airbus x with al airbus 32x members and fully systemsimulation like PMDG?????

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Matthjis: will the CDU be fully functional. I am happy if other systems are kept straightforward, but there is nothing less real than a 'lite' version of an airliner with the default GPS.

Fully functional? No, you will not be able to add new runways to the database nor do we have pages for "engine out, no SID approaches" (does any add-on have these things?) But you will be able to do pretty good flight planning, lateral navigation and simplified vertical navigation. I am not going to give out a complete list of what we cover because we are not 100% sure yet. But we got two Airbus pilots in the test and they say we got 90% of what they use on a day to day base. Vertical navigation means little if the approach you are flying has other ideas or the controller wants you at another altitude. We also do not include SIDs and STARs in this release. See the many message on this topic here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=31804 (we are not going to discuss this again here as it has chewed out a few time too many already).

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

mathjs your plane is in Final stage right is the systemsimulation better than wilco??is ELEC,HYD,FUEL fully simulated???oh and if you have enough money do you wana release an advanced edition of the airbus x with al airbus 32x members and fully systemsimulation like PMDG?????

Fully simulated? I still have no idea what that means these day. Even professional simulators don't claim to do that. But sub systems like ELEC, HYD, APU, BRAKES are all pretty seriously simulated. We can do that because all these systems are so highly automated the crew hardly needs to interact with them, so our base idea of keeping this product usable for the non too experienced simmer. I don't think we'll have to fear the Wilco one on these things, but I got to say I have not used that one a lot, the graphics are just so 2004 I can't get used to it.

For your second question I refer you to the feature list (second post here), it's discussed there.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

This is excellent. When I buy the Airbus, will bean upgrade to the Extended Version possible?

As explained here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=33282&view=findpost&p=215175, yes, it will be simple, cheap upgrade.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

I love this great bird very much. No doubt that I will buy it. rolleyes.gif

I am interested in the VNAV functionality. It was stated that basic function will be implemented only, but I have not discovered the details. Kindly elaborate a bit on the VNAV functions.

Not possible as we are still more or less considering what will be included. Don't expect a lot though. As explained, it's not something that will be missed a lot in a crowded airspace where the procedures and controllers determine where and how high you fly and you almost never get to fly the ideal profile.

• Upvote 3

Not possible as we are still more or less considering what will be included. Don't expect a lot though. As explained, it's not something that will be missed a lot in a crowded airspace where the procedures and controllers determine where and how high you fly and you almost never get to fly the ideal profile.

If the controller requests me to sink from 18000 feet to 6000 feet, and if I enter the new altitude in the autopilot, then I would like a visual prediction where on the flight path I will reach the new altitude. This is a basic function and should be included. rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 1

Mathijs

Regarding the post requesting Aibus X beta testers, if we have not received a response does it mean we/I were not accepted?

Regards,

Bob

Edit - after posting my post I see it says I'm an 'Aerosoft Beta Tester' - but I never received an email. Bob - rjlyddy@verizon.net

Hello Bob,

You should be able to see the Airbus Beta Forum at the bottom when you log in.

• Aerosoft

If the controller requests me to sink from 18000 feet to 6000 feet, and if I enter the new altitude in the autopilot, then I would like a visual prediction where on the flight path I will reach the new altitude. This is a basic function and should be included. rolleyes.gif

It's of course a basic function missing in a whole lot of aircraft, lol. I assure you pilots can go from 180000 to 6000 feet without it.

Not sure if this will be included or not, if it is not this is obvious not a product for you.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I have just a little further question.

I tried to find an answer myself but the search-function was not very helpful.

So, I red the Airbus will have a new generation of lightsystems within FS( In this case FSX). But there was a short discussion, or however you want to call it, about the strobes and the possibility to see their light on the ground.

My question now: Is this feature included too or not?

Chris

• Upvote 1

Mathijs,

The cockpit is breathtaking!

I have one question. I've noticed a number of times it's been mentioned in the old threads that the gauges are written in such a manner that a certain amount of user customization may be possible.

Would this mean that we would be able to tweak certain elements to our own tastes? For example, would I be able to tweak the colour of the ISIS. It seems to me that in many flightdeck photos I have seen, the ground colour appears to be very dark when compared to that of the PFD (in some shots it appears almost black). I know this is subjective and that others may not agree with my interpretation, so could I customize the colours of that particular gauge to suit my own tastes?

Thanks,

Dave

isis1.jpg

It is likely this project will be extended to a more complex version (in systems) summer 2010. The extended version will include more complex versions of the systems we left out of this product that has ease of use as it's main goal. We can not give any details on this extended version at this moment. This extended version will come as a simple low cost update to the main package.

Now this is something that sounds VERY interesting. I very much like the idea of the extra pack... I can fully understand not wanting to give too many details out at this point in time, but as things progress, this alone could see you getting a number of sales that may have been waiting for the fruition of a project increasingly looking like vapourware from another unnamed team. Good show Aerosoft.

I for one would love to see IAE support and SID/STAR support in the database... EDIT of the extended pack of course...

That is one nice looking office you've built for the budding Busdriver there!

Andrew

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

So, I red the Airbus will have a new generation of lightsystems within FS( In this case FSX). But there was a short discussion, or however you want to call it, about the strobes and the possibility to see their light on the ground.

My question now: Is this feature included too or not?

No, would cause several problems. The other lights are pretty cool though!

post-43-126884159466_thumb.jpg

post-43-126884159721_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

The cockpit is breathtaking!

I have one question. I've noticed a number of times that its been mentioned in the old threads that the gauges are written in such a manner that a certain amount of user customization may be possible.

Would this mean that we would be able to tweak certain elements to our own tastes? For example, would I be able to tweak the colour of the ISIS. It seems to me that in many flightdeck photos I have seen, the ground colour appears to be very dark when compared to that of the PFD (in some shots it appaers almost black). I know this is subjective and that others may not agree with my interpretation, so could I customize the colours of that particular gauge to suit my own tastes?

Think you are right about that color, will add it to the bug list.

But yes, one of the main things in this project is that we wanted to keep it as open as possible. So ALL systems are done in XML, hundreds of thousands of lines of XML (and no this has no impact on speed) and you can tweak everything as long as you understand XML code and are willing to spend hours on debugging (debugging XML is hell).

• Upvote 1

But yes, one of the main things in this project is that we wanted to keep it as open as possible. So ALL systems are done in XML, hundreds of thousands of lines of XML (and no this has no impact on speed) and you can tweak everything as long as you understand XML code and are willing to spend hours on debugging (debugging XML is hell).

So in this particular example, "IF" I could find the specific line in the XML file, it would be as simple as changing the red/yellow/blue values using a text file editor?

Thanks,

Dave

So in this particular example, "IF" I could find the specific line in the XML file, it would be as simple as changing the red/yellow/blue values using a text file editor?

Thanks,

Dave

Yes You can...

But we will not give any support for changed files apart from being helpful pointing You to the right gauge line... You are on Your own doing so !!

Finn

But we will not give any support for changed files apart from being helpful pointing You to the right gauge line...

Finn

That's all I could ask for!

Thanks Finn

Dave

Screen-shots are amazing realistic.

I like the concept of the project with regard to usability/functionality though I have been long time virtual pilot of well known complex aircraft simulations.

• Upvote 1

Sorry - One more question if I may.

Is the registration number on the panel displayed based on the registration number within the aircraft.cfg file?

Dave

Sorry - One more question if I may.

Is the registration number on the panel displayed based on the registration number within the aircraft.cfg file?

Dave

No, its a texture. This has reasons in the gauge lighting system. We looked simply after an efficient and FPS saving system. And FSX had there restrictions which forced us in development to do it as a texture.

But the texture itself is VERY simple to edit in day and night version. Its only changing the letters like in a text programm.

• Upvote 1

Fully simulated? I still have no idea what that means these day. Even professional simulators don't claim to do that. But sub systems like ELEC, HYD, APU, BRAKES are all pretty seriously simulated. We can do that because all these systems are so highly automated the crew hardly needs to interact with them, so our base idea of keeping this product usable for the non too experienced simmer. I don't think we'll have to fear the Wilco one on these things, but I got to say I have not used that one a lot, the graphics are just so 2004 I can't get used to it.

For your second question I refer you to the feature list (second post here), it's discussed there.

you mean the systems gonna better simulated than Wilco?