Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

The project is clearly positioned between the default Airbus and the far more complex (and more expensive) models from other development teams. Like the real Airbus usability and transparent, easy to use systems were the main focus, all packaged is some of the best modeling ever shown in an FSX addon. As it is easy on framerates and not overly complex, it is ideal for online flights where workload can be high.

• FSX only (no FS2004 version possible)
  • Very high end modeling and texturing (we think it is the most detailed airliner to date)
  • As much as possible default FSX functions so external products and hardware can use it
  • A320 and A321 models, 8 liveries (for sure Air Berlin, Air France, Alitalia, Iberia etc, many more available as free downloads)
  • CFM and IAE engines (though the flight model and displays are based on the CFM)
  • Highly detailed VC with extended animations and sounds
  • Full FSX external sound set (sound cones etc)
  • Easy on FPS
  • Designed to simulate the work of the pilot, not the aircraft. So no maintenance mode, virtual cabin etc. Very focused on the left seat.
  • All systems that are highly automated in the Airbus (like hydraulic, APU, electric etc) and do not need a lot of crew actions are highly accurate without making the aircraft more complex to use for the less advanced user.
  • Full animation of all doors, cargo hatches, flight surfaces, even the engine slowly rotate in the wind (speed and direction depending on wind!)
  • External objects like chocks, traffic cones, GPSU (all compatible with AES of course)
  • Possible to save the state of EVERY system in the aircraft, not just the default systems (over 400 items saved!)
  • Fully support FSX failure, time acceleration modes and shared cockpit
  • Highly extensive, innovative lighting system (really lights up the scenery, so you can taxi in the dark) that includes runway turn-off lights etc)
  • Very advanced paint kit
  • Extended manuals with step by step guide
  • Special support forum
  • Release March 2010 in download, few weeks later for the box
  • Expected price around 32 Euro plus VAT when applicable.
    We are not yet giving a full list of features for the systems as we don't know all of it at this moment. But let me give out some things.
    The systems are modeled in such a way that the full experience of flying a highly automated aircraft is achievable for pilots with limited time or experience.

• PFD and ND are very realistic (most likely not with terrain display as that kills FPS like little else and no weather radar as it is never realistic)
    • Full TCAS system included
    • Engine display is very realistic (CFM engine simulated)
    • Systems display is near perfectly simulated within normal operation
    • Everything on the glareshield is solidly simulated
    • FADEC and FBW systems are better then we expected, rather good actually (so you won't be using the throttle a lot)
    • All normal Flight Control Laws are used and will prevent any out of control flight (High AOA Protection, Load Factor Limitation, Pitch Attitude Protection, High Speed Protection, Flight Augmentation (Yaw), Bank Angle Protection)
    • Engines are very realistic (apart from the nagging fuel burn issues when you fly at very low or very high cost settings, we don't care a lot actually about that)
    • GPWS is very good
    • Startup from a fully cold aircraft fully realistic
    • Fully updatable nav database (navigraph)
    • Full option to do the flight planning (airport, runway, waypoints, cruise altitude) and the option to change these things in flight
    • Radio page, Aircraft page, Selected Nav page, INS page, GPS page etc.
    • Lateral Flight planning (allowing to enter flight plan, airport, runways, waypoints, cruise alt, SIDs & STARs not used)
    • Simple Performance page
    • Simple vertical navigation
    • It is likely this project will be extended to a more complex version (in systems) summer 2010. The extended version will include more complex versions of the systems we left out of this product that has ease of use as it's main goal. We can not give any details on this extended version at this moment. This extended version will come as a simple low cost update to the main package.

• Upvote 9

It is likely this project will be extended to a more complex version (in systems) summer 2010. The extended version will include more complex versions of the systems we left out of this product that has ease of use as it's main goal. We can not give any details on this extended version at this moment.

Looks fenomenal Mathijs!

I see you can not give any details on the extended version, but is there any chance you guys will add the A318/319?

• Upvote 4

OMFG!!!!!! Mathijs you and the team have really done it this time. That looks like an amazing product. When will there be an announcement of the release date?

Thanks,

Josh

This just looks absolutely incredible! I have never seen anything in Flight Simulator quite like it. I have a 26inch monitor, i think I need a bigger one to view all this detail. Superb work Aerosoft team.

Rhydian

• Upvote 1

will a tutorial flight be included? When i mentioned the release date i ment is there an exact date set?

Thanks,

Josh

When developing such an addon, You can´t give exact dates.

Who knows if some serious showstopping bug is found just an hour before planned release ?

Finn

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

will a tutorial flight be included? When i mentioned the release date i ment is there an exact date set?

Thanks,

Josh

There will be a two page document that will help you get in the air and back on the ground. See we claim even a inexperienced simmer can fly this Aircraft with serious realism with just two pages.

• Upvote 2

Wonderful Mathijs..... you guys are really the best in the flight sim world ! .... Just a question on a specific detail : is the flap press handle animated ?

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Reading all the previous threads, this seems to be exact the kind of aircraft I'm waiting for.

One comment on the question/demand for an extended version:

Yes, I like more complex aircraft and I have three of them: PMDGs Jetstream, Eaglesofts CitationX and F1s Cessna Mustang. I love all of them, but one I love a little bit more: the Mustang. Why? Well the real Mustang is a Single Pilot Certified Aircraft and so, even a "complex" aircraft, it is easy to handle. All others need 2 pilots. And that's what you should keep in mind when asking for a "extended" version, even it's only a simulation.

Anyway, if there will be an "extended" Aerosoft Airbus I will buy it, because sometimes it makes fun to dive deep into the systems. So, if you could switch between the basic and extended version it would be perfect.

Otto

• Upvote 2

Man, the VC is so awesome. Even better quality on Details than "pmdg" and to be better than all the others, this means something. Creating this with a high framerate on fsx, it´s really "high-end-modelling".

Congratulations to the developers:D!

• Upvote 1

Matthjis: will the CDU be fully functional. I am happy if other systems are kept straightforward, but there is nothing less real than a 'lite' version of an airliner with the default GPS.

• Upvote 3

I love this great bird very much. No doubt that I will buy it. rolleyes.gif

I am interested in the VNAV functionality. It was stated that basic function will be implemented only, but I have not discovered the details. Kindly elaborate a bit on the VNAV functions.

• Upvote 3

Mathijs

Regarding the post requesting Aibus X beta testers, if we have not received a response does it mean we/I were not accepted?

Regards,

Bob

Edit - after posting my post I see it says I'm an 'Aerosoft Beta Tester' - but I never received an email. Bob -

• Upvote 1

mathjis so your product si allmost finished can you tell me are the systems better than the Wilco Airbus or are they are the same the product is some weeks before release so can you tell me if the aerosoft airbus x has beter simulations than wilco airbus???wil ELEC,FUEL,HYD fully simulated?

• Upvote 1

Please update this great project with future advanced or proffesional expansion and you will rule in this sim world. You would eat each other and you would have all of us thanking you for ever.

I really hope you will do.

• Upvote 2