start an online flight server to have fun flying

seahawk09

Hey all,

What about asking Aerosoft to start an online server for flying online. Making it our little commuity to fly with each other and have fun.

Members ONLY of course

just a thought :)

Richard

• Upvote 1

it would be fun. and perhaps aerosoft could charge a small amount to get in it (<5 USD) so we dont get n00bs in there and that way aerosoft gets revenue too.

Without exception,everyone who has ever used Flightsim was a "nOOb" at one time. The length of time someone has used Flightsim means nothing. We all start from the same base. The attitude of "so we dont get nOObs in there" is already what keeps many from enjoying online flying at VATSIM and IVAO. We dont need more of the same.

• Upvote 1

sorry if i did not make myself clear.

by n00bs i meant the type of kid who doesnt know proper english, who breaks rules repeatedly, etc. NOT just a new guy.

...and you think `n00bs` and lower case `i` for a personal pronoun is proper English..? :blush:

Compared to many of us here, almost everyone is new... hands up who remembers Bruce Artwick?

:hi2_s:

• Upvote 2

...and you think `n00bs` and lower case `i` for a personal pronoun is proper English..? :blush:

Compared to many of us here, almost everyone is new... hands up who remembers Bruce Artwick?

:hi2_s:

Yikes man. chill it.

cant I use improper grammar here? as it is I have to use proper grammar on my exams. and yes, I know n00b (or noob - whatever ;) ) is not even a real word.

I have been flying FSX ever since i was 11. and before that I flew FS2002. so im not exactly "new" (though i do admit i only got good in it in the last year)

btw whos Bruce Artwick?

• Upvote 1

btw whos Bruce Artwick?

Only the guy who wrote the first flight sim for sublogic which went on to have such success that Microsoft bought it for themselves.

Only the guy who wrote the first flight sim for sublogic which went on to have such success that Microsoft bought it for themselves.

Bruce Artwick + Google = Answer

thanks. both were perfect replies. sorry for not googling it myself. it was pretty late at night, and i was tired.

• Upvote 1

Blimey, good job we're not talking about F15 Strike Eagle on the Commodore 64, which loaded on cassette tape, accompanied by flashing screen, beeps, screeches and whistles, otherwise we'd be positively ancient...

240full.jpg

Not that I remember that.

At all.

:wacko:

Blimey, good job we're not talking about F15 Strike Eagle on the Commodore 64, which loaded on cassette tape, accompanied by flashing screen, beeps, screeches and whistles, otherwise we'd be positively ancient...

240full.jpg

Not that I remember that.

At all.

:wacko:

Oh my dear not the dreaded coloured lines and wheres my watchmakers screwdriver so I can tweak the head on the cassette recorder because this damn game wont load. :help_s:

Manic Miner Rules okay, Jet Set Willy close second :bow_down2_s:

Yikes man. chill it.

cant I use improper grammar here?

Well actually, if you're replying to Simon, I say that's just asking for trouble.

You've been around here long enough to know that Simon's articulation of the English language is exemplary and something he feels strongly about. Even I compose replies in Word to try and avoid looking silly :rolleyes:

Personally, I think there are few reasons not write properly; including capitalization, spelling and of course grammar. I'm forever correcting my children and purposefully write all text messages in proper English.

As to the flying online point of this thread; I can't see a need for another provider either.

I can remember way back when Bruce came out with his original Flight Simulator. Everyone in our squadron thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. It was definitely an improvement over the Link Trainer that I was trained on when I was first learning instrument fight!

As for on line flying, I personally use IVAO, lots of great folks there.

post-8393-126883684034_thumb.jpg