FSC, Can't delete SIDs from FP

MortenS

Very often when I have created a FP in FS Commander and want to change to another SID, or remove the SID all together, it just won't disappear from the FP when I delete it. I get no error message, but it's still there. Anyone have an idea what is the reason for this. I have currently the Aerosoft's FSC 8.6, but it worked fine in Aerosoft's FSC 8.5.

It seems this problem only occurs when I add a custom departure route segment after the SID has been added. If I don't add custom route segments, it will delete the SID without any issues.

My first question would be "are you inserting custom waypoint(s) into the original SID"? The second one would be "what other programme did you have running when you updated from 8.5 to 8.6"?

I suspect that you had more than one other programme running when you updated as this is another issue you have had after updating. You also fail to tell readers as to your departure arrival airports, what SID you are using and what custom waypoint (details) you inserted and where? All relevant information one would presume.

I had Windows 7 and anti-virus running.

No specific SID so unless you want me to write down all SIDs in the DB I'll just stay with SID.

I have not added custom waypoints to the SID, only to the FP before the SID. When I add departure route segments, it will also add the SID points, so I'll have to delete the SID unless I don't want to fly them twice.

No specific SID so unless you want me to write down all SIDs in the DB I'll just stay with SID.

No I don't need you to write all the SID's down but it would help if you gave the Departure/Arrival Airport for the flight plan. Also what SID you used and how you attempted to remove it. That's not asking to much as it seems to me that you need the assistance not me! I'm just trying to find out from you as to how you do it and to try and help you resolve it. To remove the SID try highlighting a part of the SID and removing that, it will then tell you you can't but have to remove the whole SID, select the remove all option.

I have not added custom waypoints to the SID, only to the FP before the SID. When I add departure route segments, it will also add the SID points, so I'll have to delete the SID unless I don't want to fly them twice.

EM?? Why add waypoints to a flight plan before the SID??. It's not going to take the brains of an arch bishop to realise that you cannot add your own or any waypoints before the SID. If you insert waypoint which the SID has in it then of course you will have duplicates.

Try this :- Select Departure and then Arrival Airports, if needed add Alternate. If you have the charts for the departure and arrival airports then you will know the exit point of the SID and the entry point of the STAR. FSC isn't that clever and will not know so you insert the SID and then the STAR. You can now add the rest of the Route with either High/Low or insert your own route.

For example I added EBBR as departure and LSGG as destination. I select SID ROUSY 3Z and STAR AKITO 1N. Then I select "High Alt Plan". Now I'd like to add the complete departure and approach routes, so I add the route segments to match. Since these include the SID and STAR I'll need to remove the SID and STAR, so I select one navaid from the SID/STAR and press delete. It tells me I have to remove the entire SID/STAR, so I agree to that. All the SID/STAR navaids are still present.

But I've now found a way to do this as I delete the SID/STAR before I add the custom route segments, and that works fine. The reason I even bother with including the SID/STAR is that I'm not sure if the custom route segments are up to date. And since the SID/STAR does not match the ones included in maps, I need to add custom points.

But since we're allready touching the subject, I'll just mention that if I'd like to edit one of the custom route segments in the database, FSC crashes to desktop. So is there a better way to do this than to delete it in the segment file using Windows Explorer, and then add the entire SID again in FSC?

For example I added EBBR as departure and LSGG as destination. I select SID ROUSY 3Z and STAR AKITO 1N. Then I select "High Alt Plan". Since these include the SID and STAR I'll need to remove the SID and STAR, so I select one navaid from the SID/STAR and press delete. It tells me I have to remove the entire SID/STAR, so I agree to that. All the SID/STAR navaids are still present.

I've just carried out the above and deleted the SID with no problem. Just deleted the STAR to. Where you now lose me is

Now I'd like to add the complete departure and approach routes, so I add the route segments to match.

If the SID and STAR is upto date and your charts are old then there will be conflicting information given. I would assume that your SID and STAR's are upto date so why try and add to them?

The reason I even bother with including the SID/STAR is that I'm not sure if the custom route segments are up to date. And since the SID/STAR does not match the ones included in maps, I need to add custom points.

Hence, see above.

But since we're allready touching the subject, I'll just mention that if I'd like to edit one of the custom route segments in the database, FSC crashes to desktop. So is there a better way to do this than to delete it in the segment file using Windows Explorer, and then add the entire SID again in FSC?

Can't help you with this one as never bothered trying it, sorry.

Apprechiate you feedback, James.

The reason I add the custom route segements after I have entered the correct and updated SID/STAR is that the SID/STAR usually is wrong compared to updated maps or they just "lack" the complete departure/approach procedures.

I fly to and from EBBR a lot, and if you check the chart you'll see that the chart SID is pretty far from the FSC SID. I guess EBBR doesn't really have RNAV SID. Of course the updated charts I've found might be outdated as well, but as far as I can tell they're not.

You might be correct about me having some computer issues as well. I've had some issues here and there, but only minor ones. Still I'll try to get my HDD cleaned out completely and then start from scratch again soon.

Sorry for the delay but been a tad busy... Not with my main pc at the moment but when I get back home in the next few day's will take a look at the relevant charts (navigraph) to see the comparison but, I can't see them being that far out as the same team update the SID's and STAR's etcetera for FSC.

Know what you mean with minor hiccups as I had them on mine till I trashed it and started all over again.

• 2 weeks later...

At EBBR you'll in many SIDs start up by turning northly untill 700ft or somthing, then you turn left to track some VOR course. In FSC the course is often just straight from navaid to navaid, and very often the plane even turns the wrong way comapred to the correct SID. This happens a lot now when I do the IVAO Dangerous Airport Tour. There some SIDs are designed to turn you away from obsticles, but FSC turns into them instead. I know FSC is not an FMS or whatever, but the SIDs and STARs seems to be simplified.