StartUP

ArtMan_NL

It seems I have a problem :(

I followed several tutorials for starting up this plane from cold dark. The problem is the engine hangs on the 20 % it won't go higher in the rpm.

At the right side behind the stick I see 1 warning light "elek-sys". That seems right because I can't switch on the MFD's and HUD

I tried everything, also with the battery switch but I can't this plane getting flying.

I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arthur

ENGINE START

[ ] THROTTLE - IDLE (full back)

[ ] JFS - START 1

[ ] Verify RPM - Over 20%

[ ] THROTTLE - TOGGLE IDLE DETENT

[ ] Verify RPM - IDLE

[ ] THROTTLE - BACK TO IDLE

[ ] Verify HYD/OIL light - Check Off

Source: Aerosoft F-16 Manual Page 43

Hit the latch/lever by your pinkie on the left side of the throttle when the RPM reaches around 22%.

Hit the latch/lever by your pinkie on the left side of the throttle when the RPM reaches around 22%.

Yes I did everthing you discribed. Did you try the cold and dark start? (shift F2 and then left picture?)

The sound of the engine increase till 22 % The needle stays there but the sound start over and over again. The rpm of the engine doesn't go higher even if I touch the Cut off switch with my pinkie.

Maybe I don't understand "Toggle idle detent" I guess the throttle goes there iff you touch the Cut off switch if you touch it with your pinkie?

Hmm, I'm starting to get desperate sad.gif

Somebody any suggestions?

Regards,

Arthur

From the cold and dark setup (yes using the left image in the Shift+2 menu) you really only need to do 5 things to get the engine running, see the image I attached.

(EDIT: See following post for image.)

1. Master Fuel ON (Guard down)

2. Engine Feed to NORM

3. Power switch to PWR

4. JFS Starter to START 1

5. When the RPM is at about 22%, hit the pinkie latch on the throttle.

After that it should spool up. I believe that's the most simple procedure to getting the engine up and running from cold and dark.

Let me know if that works for you. You should really be following the real checklist, but at least that will get your engine running.

Marcus

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate that.

Yes I know the start-up procedure is very simple. Yesterday evening I did a test. For about 15 times I tried a startup procedure. About 4 times I had success. Exactly the steps you described I did. Even with restarting fsx I didn´t had success every time. For me it is very strange that I only had 4 times success with starting up this plane. Maybe I found a small bug? Maybe it is a combination with FSUIPC (registered version) or other modules I have installed in FSX? (I bought recently Discus from Aerosoft and installed WinchX and CummulusX (applications for this glider))

I also use a force feedback joystick from Microsoft and the fighter throttle from CH-products) and tried almost every combination of this configuration. I tried to use this hardware with FSUIPC and with the FSX own control settings tab but that didn´t make any difference.

I only mentioned one strange thing. When I reset the F-16 with the left picture, not all the buttons are going back to the cold and dark position. Especially the JFS starter will stay in the "on" position. I can´t even move this switch by my mouse.....

Maybe I will make a youtube movie of the problem. I will find out how to do that.

Nevertheless, this plane is a joy to fly. I can even land this plane without using a ils.

Regards,

Arthur

Yeah, the best way to really reset the state of the aircraft is to restart the flight. The same thing happens with the IRIS F-16D which has a switch for auto-shutdown - not everything is reset.

If you installed the addons you mentioned after the F-16, try reinstalling the F-16. It seems weird that another addon would affect it in such a way, but with so many available addons for FS that add different variables it could be possible.

I don't know if this is related, but something I noticed is that the fuel cutoff switch/latch doesn't seem to be linked to the actual engine 1 fuel cutoff switch assignment in FS. I have a button assigned on my X52 throttle that I hit during startup in the IRIS F-16D to give it fuel, but the same assignment doesn't work in the Aerosoft F-16, I have to actually click on that latch. Maybe the procedure is failing for you because the FS fuel cutoff assignment is "off", you just can't see it in the jet.

But now you know that the procedure can work for you, that's always something :). Starting up an F-16 not not as much work as setting up a flight in the PMDG 747, but running through the checklists always adds a little something to my flight experience :).

See you in the sky!

Marcus

• 5 months later...