Black Wilco Airbus cockpit windows

liam727

whats with the black windows? i have found other threads online, but none are conclusive or have a useful solution. is there an easy fix for this? everything else is fine.

Hello Liam,

What are your system specs and also your graphics card type and model, also can you tell me did this just happen maybe after a driver install or has it been like this since the install.

Can you see out from the cockpit views.

Hello Liam,

What are your system specs and also your graphics card type and model, also can you tell me did this just happen maybe after a driver install or has it been like this since the install.

Can you see out from the cockpit views.

im running fsx acceleration on a 2.13 Ghz processor. my graphics card is an nvidia geforce 7300le. its always been like this. i havnt installed anything new lately and i have reinstalled it more than once. i also have the E-jets from wilco, and they work fine.

• Aerosoft

whats with the black windows? i have found other threads online, but none are conclusive or have a useful solution. is there an easy fix for this? everything else is fine.

Not sure how to solve your problem now but if you want to avoid this problem in the future make sure you only use products that are pure FSX and not FS2004 based.

I have the same problem with the Wilco Airbus. I have searched the web and it seems they don't work with Vista or Win7 64bit.

As far as I could see there is no fix for this.

Edit: probaly there is a way to fix it by copying over window textures from FS9. Have a look here:

http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7061

I have the same problem with the Wilco Airbus. I have searched the web and it seems they don't work with Vista or Win7 64bit.

As far as I could see there is no fix for this.

Edit: probaly there is a way to fix it by copying over window textures from FS9. Have a look here:

http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7061

thanks! ill try that. i use windows xp professional, not vista or 7. they shouldnt sell products for fsx if they have major bugs in them like that. o well. its still a good aircraft...

Unfortunately there isn't any way to make the windows transparent beause these models are for Fs2004 and were ported into FSX. all was fine until SP2 which broke a lot of texture transparencies. Anyway, head over to Just flight's website, they have a window fix for download which is for the airbus series volume 1. Worked on my installation.

http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=157&supportProductName=Airbus Series Vol. 1#Update394

Ed.

Unfortunately there isn't any way to make the windows transparent beause these models are for Fs2004 and were ported into FSX. all was fine until SP2 which broke a lot of texture transparencies. Anyway, head over to Just flight's website, they have a window fix for download which is for the airbus series volume 1. Worked on my installation.

http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=157&supportProductName=Airbus Series Vol. 1#Update394

Ed.

Thanks alot! i was beginning to get irritated by the fact that there wasn't a sound solution to a product that i paid money for lol

• 10 months later...

Looking at the Evolution upgrade for Wilco Airbus it doesn't look as if this problem was going to be resolved. So I've looked into this further and fixed the problem myself for the opaque cockpit windows in FSX SP2. I'm currently talking with Wilco about how they want the fix implemented. I'll post something here when the fix is out. BTW it involves altering the model so no amount of tampering with the textures will help.

Here's a picture of the A318 to show what it should look like.

2011211131553793.png