Aerosoft A10

Another project that's in development that you have not seen yet... Release 2010, more information to come.

Now that is interesting!

It looks really awesome. btw is this a military plane?

Yes, yes it is. There already is a FS2004 version of it, which looks and feels great. Glad to see it's coming to FSX!

Great then :)

btw does the real plane have glass cockpits? or analog? (i understand it is too early to ask about the FS plane, but im pretty sure it will be pretty much the same as in real life)

Guest inbrekers1

Great then :)

btw does the real plane have glass cockpits? or analog? (i understand it is too early to ask about the FS plane, but im pretty sure it will be pretty much the same as in real life)

Depends... The updated A-10's have a glass cockpit. (with 2 screens like those of the F16) the older versions have an analog cockpit.

Guest inbrekers1

Not sure on cockpit type. Glass stuff is way more expensive in development.

But a lot more realistic these days... I don't think any A10's with analogue cockpit are still in the air these days.

First off, I'm very glad the hog is still on the books.

As for glass vs. analog, the only A-10s flying today are the A-10C models, which have been retrofitted with two MFDs. Having spent time on an A-10C FMT, and heard the jets at extremely close range (For startup, taxi, and takeoff) many times during base visits, I can honestly say they are both VERY important, but I'd take an accurate C model cockpit over a hyper-realistic soundset if I could only pick one.

I'm more curious about the sound set than gauges on the panel. If you've ever heard a real A-10, you know what I mean. huh.gif

I've only heard it once, quite some time ago,

but I remember the sound clearly.

Very, very unique sound...

Very great news! Thanks for the preview shots. Yet another great aircraft coming our way sometime in the future. By the way my vote is for the analogue cockpit. ph34r.gif I will be happy with whichever winds up in the final product though.

Another project that's in development that you have not seen yet... Release 2010, more information to come.

I am sooo happy the Hog is back on :wub:

Always loved the phrase " Go Ugly Early " :D

The earlier you can get this beast out the better

Great screen shots by the way

Thank You

Randy

• 4 weeks later...

The sound on it is AWESOME especially hearing them flying out of POPE, years ago there was a base in Myrtle Beach

and they would do training runs up the coast. Saw at many an airshow. An airman from another town I used to live in

was one of the first killed in Desert Storm he was flying an A-10 if the story was correct.

The sound on it is AWESOME especially hearing them flying out of POPE, years ago there was a base in Myrtle Beach

and they would do training runs up the coast. Saw at many an airshow. An airman from another town I used to live in

was one of the first killed in Desert Storm he was flying an A-10 if the story was correct.

There's a really good Desert Storm story (a "Wings" episode, I think) about an A-10 that got extremely shot up, large portion of one wing literally just gone, and the pilot still brought it home successfully. Amazing. That same episode has lots of good A-model HUD footage. Yummy.

• Aerosoft

There's a really good Desert Storm story (a "Wings" episode, I think) about an A-10 that got extremely shot up, large portion of one wing literally just gone, and the pilot still brought it home successfully. Amazing. That same episode has lots of good A-model HUD footage. Yummy.

You know why the engines are on those "stilts"? To avoid one hit wrecking both. That whole aircraft is designed to fly into hell and come out. If you ever get close to one, do touch it. It feels like it is one massive block of steel. Not at all like other aircraft.

Yeah I saw that some years ago on Discovery . Seeing the planes fly low along the sc nc coast years ago doing practice runs above the water long before Desert Storm you just had to see it. It was while they were stationed at Myrtle beach.

Just a few days ago, I was riding down the road in my hometown and saw five A-10's flying very low (No more than 500 ft. AGL, I'd say). They came from the west and flew a circle just northwest of where I was. They were making very abrupt maneuvers and banking their wings back and forth at close to 90 degree bank angles. Then they flew off to the east and out of sight. The next day at dusk, we turned onto the street where I live to see a fast, low-flying aircraft banking off to the east. I couldn't make out what type of aircraft it was because it was getting dark; I could only see the lights. We then noticed three low contrails from jets flying in formation over our house. I've never seen anything like this in this area. I guess this is normal down in Fayetteville, Designer Paule, but I've never seen anything like this in Burlington. I've seen low flying Blackhawk and Chinook helicopters (Probably going to the airport to refuel.), but I've never seen low-flying military jets here. Any idea what that was all about?

Just a few days ago, I was riding down the road in my hometown and saw five A-10's flying very low (No more than 500 ft. AGL, I'd say). They came from the west and flew a circle just northwest of where I was. They were making very abrupt maneuvers and banking their wings back and forth at close to 90 degree bank angles. Then they flew off to the east and out of sight. The next day at dusk, we turned onto the street where I live to see a fast, low-flying aircraft banking off to the east. I couldn't make out what type of aircraft it was because it was getting dark; I could only see the lights. We then noticed three low contrails from jets flying in formation over our house. I've never seen anything like this in this area. I guess this is normal down in Fayetteville, Designer Paule, but I've never seen anything like this in Burlington. I've seen low flying Blackhawk and Chinook helicopters (Probably going to the airport to refuel.), but I've never seen low-flying military jets here. Any idea what that was all about?

The A-10s no longer fly around Fayetteville like they used too because Pope Air Base was turned over to the army a few years back and I think the some of the A-10s went to Shaw AFB in SC. That base is along I-20 about hr and half drive from here sw.

May have been some manuvers going on. Back after the Haiti earthquake alot of traffic flying out in the ways of C-130s and C-17. On my morning and afternoon duty post at school you can see alot of traffic sometimes because of being located off the runway a few miles. Awesome seeing the C-17s fly in groups sometimes one right after the other.