Pitch on landing to much?

Swen

Ok, what i do:

Fly ILS set Speed to Green Bug + 5. So when i'm in slope than seems been that the bird is to much pic up the nose to the sky. I've i read out right on ADI 5 degrees ore more. Are there some kind of tips or anything? I cant see the runway out of 2D. I think thats normal, course its IFR Panel? Is there a way to get an VFR Panel?

Someone can give us an answer about this?

Thank you

Hi

If you fly the approach on the 2d with the widescreen panel on a standard monitor you get this issue, using the standard 2d panel fixes this and you should be able to see the runway.

Steve,

i can't confirm this. I have a 16:10, but i fly in window mode. I put my fsx to 4:3 and i can't see the runway. I will put a screenshot tonight. Then you can see if i do something wrong.

PS: But thats an IFR panel. Most planes in fsx won't show runway. Solution ctrl + q. Other way to switch in VC and put seat up. :)

Steve,

i can't confirm this. I have a 16:10, but i fly in window mode. I put my fsx to 4:3 and i can't see the runway. I will put a screenshot tonight. Then you can see if i do something wrong.

PS: But thats an IFR panel. Most planes in fsx won't show runway. Solution ctrl + q. Other way to switch in VC and put seat up. smile.gif

This widescreen was an issue for some other user who have changed to standard and do get the view you would expect from the aircraft on app on the perfect glide path at correct speed. Like you said if you want a better view the answer it to boost the seat height. biggrin.gif

PS: But thats an IFR panel. Most planes in fsx won't show runway. Solution ctrl + q. Other way to switch in VC and put seat up. :)

Yes for some reason only known to MS, you can no longer move you seat up in the 2D panel so you are stuck in a situation where you either but your seat up so high you don't see what's happening in front of you while taxiing or so low you can't see the runway at very low approach speeds.

You can either go to 3D view for the landing where moving the seat up will work fine, or use a slightly higher approach speed (say 135kts) and zoom out to 0.4x zoom or less. It takes a while to get used to this view but I mostly set my zoom to 0.5x or less in 2D because the default FSX view is much too narrow in 2D compared to a real life situation.

Björn

the Ctrl-Q idea doesn't work in the2D cockpit. I have found that if I click on the top of the panel and move it down about 1 cm then I can see the runway with no problems - only needs to be done in the landing phase.

the Ctrl-Q idea doesn't work in the2D cockpit. I have found that if I click on the top of the panel and move it down about 1 cm then I can see the runway with no problems - only needs to be done in the landing phase.

Thanks very much mate