Be honest. Have you ever...

Not only did I wave back but also said 'good-bye' a few times.

Once I heard my wife's voice from another room: 'Who are you talking to?'

'I'm testing my mike before a vatsim session' was my answer.

What else should I have told her? Talking to an animated guy in a game? :blush:

waved back to the ground controller after he gives you the sign you can start taxiing? :D

I'm guilty on one or two occasions. Am I taking it too seriously? ;)

Awww, Ray.... you just had to ask, eh? :rolleyes:

Um... yes, I do wave to the guy... I want my flight to go smooth. If I don't wave, well, then, er... you know... :lol:

Taking it too serious? Flying IS a serious business! Right? :blush:

Regards,

Jure

I actually feel sorry for the little man, out there in all weathers with just a fluorescent tabard and a short sleeve t-shirt. Can't Oliver give him some new, more suitable clothes, now we're well into AES v2?

Rob

Edit: Looking at screenshots prove how little notice I take of the man. He's got a long-sleeve shirt on. He's still a little under-dressed though, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

waved back to the ground controller after he gives you the sign you can start taxiing? :D

I'm guilty on one or two occasions. Am I taking it too seriously? ;)

Hahaha,

I was just about to ask the same question, when I noticed this posting.

I always wave to him, it's going automatically.

LOL, so glad I am not the only one... I tend to give him a salute and then quickly look out my window to see if anyone passing by happened to see me saluting my computer screen :lookatthat_s::embaressed_s:

Good to know I am not alone!

-Paul

I never wave... However, I do flash the runway turnoff light at him. If he is on the right side I will flash the right turnoff light just to say thanks. A lot of pilots do this in real life. I do feel sorry for him that he never gets to fly. Poor guy is stuck on the ground... And I agree, he should have different clothes sometimes so I don't feel like he teleported to my arrival airport... ^_^