MT2010 AI aircraft

P944S2

Can someone tell me if it is possible to change the lights on the AI aircraft in My Traffic 2010?

The reason is that I find the nav, beacon, strobe lights etc far too big and bright - I would like a more subtle realistic look.

Cheers

Richard

Hello Richard,

AI Aircraft have aircraft.cfg and can be changed there.

Hello Shaun

I know about the aircraft.cfg files but I cannot see what needs changing. Is it a value I need to change or something else?

Cheers

Richard

• Upvote 1

Hello again Shaun

I have looked at the aircraft.cfg file and none of the files for the MT2010 aircraft have a [LIGHTS] section, where you would normally find the entries for light fx files.

Please advise what fx file these aircraft are using and where the entry is in the aircraft.cfg file so that I can change it?

Many thanks

Richard

• Upvote 1

Hello Richard,

If there not in the aircraft.cfg then they would be built into the model.

Did you check the Effects folder to see if they may be aptly named there.

I could not find any fx files that cleary stood out as belonging to MyTraffic.

I therefore installed Flight Simulator on another PC and deleted all fx files and the texture files in the TEXTURE folder. I then installed MyTraffic and looked again. It created absoloutely no new fx files. The texture files it installed in the TEXTURE folder I could not view, but there was only 1 texture file per aircraft, so I doubt these are lights.

So exactly what are they using for lights?

• Upvote 1