FSX - Lord Howe Island Takeoff - Carenado Saratoga SP

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums, so hello to everyone!

I'm known as TapA321 at some other aviation forums (like the JustFlight forums) but my youtube channel is called "ForestSwift".

Here is just a quick video I made in the Carenado Saratoga SP at Aerosoft's Lord Howe Island...

Any comments/feedback are greatly appreciated - Thanks!

Nice video which, if I were to critique anything it would be the improper use of first stage flap for t/o.

The Saratoga manual is VERY specific on using NIL flap for a standard take-off and 25 degrees for short field or obstacle clearance, neither of which was applicable here.

Perhaps also, a hint of over-rotation? Losing that view over the nose when there are large stone cliffs front right and front left of the aircraft but nothing right in front smacks of tubeliners, not GA. You're normally an airliner guy, I guess? You can only just see the offshore bluff and you would want to keep both that and the onshore rise in full view during departure, even if that meant nose-low and a delayed climbout.

One would normally ensure that the lights are on before taking off - regardless of the presence of other aircraft, it's a requirement to turn on anti-collision lights whenever the aircraft is moving, and yours were off even after takeoff, as was the electric fuel pump, which may have been switched off during the edited segment, but I don't think so. It should be ON for takeoff and landing.

Editorially, a tower view of climb away would have been a nice addition, perhaps watching gear-up as the plane departs? The edit on balance seems weighted somehow toward the ground preparation rather than the actual departure. By choice?

Videography = B+

Demonstrated Flying technique = C-

Look forward to seeing more.

The videography is good, with nice colours. But if you want to make it looking realistic, use Snave's advice. Oh, and you didn't take off from runway 10 as you announced, but from runway 28.

Some practise, and it'll look even better wink.gif !

Thanks very much for the replies.

@Snave: Wow, what a reply! I'm still very much getting used to this aircraft, and this is one of my first times flying it. However, I'm really grateful that you took the time to pick out some mistakes and feed them back, as I won't make them again. In terms of angles, I only use the default FSX camera, so I find it quite difficult to get some good angles, but I will work on that for future vids.

@Just Fly: I realised I took off on the wrong runway after the video was made and was hoping nobody would notice blush.gif Thanks for the reply.