Approaching Innsbruck FSX Initial Release Issues.

Shaun Fletcher

The link you supplied is forboxed version. Where is the download version of Approaching Innsbruck FSX? I can find it on the american site.

Hi, i have pre order the innsbruck fsx addon, where do i obtain serial and the actual software?

Stelth. Pre-order is only for the boxed version. see if there is a cancell order option and then purchase download version.

Hello Stewart,

The download link problem should now be resolved.

Thanks Shaun all is now ok I have downloaded and installed. Had a bit of an explore with the microlight and its looking great. I love the moving trains. However I am having some issues with the water textures on the river. depending on the angle I view them from they seem to change very quickly from shiny to duller but it doesnt look like a smooth transition. Not sure if its my settings to high though so will have a closer look when I have more time. All in all though I am well pleased with this package. Congrats to the developers for this one.

Hi

No its not showing in my order history, the only thing i have is the receipt for my payment to Aerosoft thru saferpay.

but i would of course like the download version instead of the box.

Hi

No its not showing in my order history, the only thing i have is the receipt for my payment to Aerosoft thru saferpay.

but i would of course like the download version instead of the box.

best drop an email off to support@aerosoft.com and they will sort you out.

Hi, just installed, and looks great. Install went cleanly, only option entered was "install static vehicles". Did I miss something, on the install. No Ai traffic, ie parked aircraft. Airline traffic set at 85%, General at 80%.

Sorry I posted this as a new topic in error.

Hi, just installed, and looks great. Install went cleanly, only option entered was "install static vehicles". Did I miss something, on the install. No Ai traffic, ie parked aircraft. Airline traffic set at 85%, General at 80%.

Sorry I posted this as a new topic in error.

Hello Neil, I am having the same FSX problem, no AI traffic, althoug in the manual it is said there are problems with te aircraft taking off and the mountains-hight. So that may be solved later?

It would be great is static aircraft were on the airport, because it is looking abandoned and very empty by now.

Aersoft, can you please give static aircraft on FSX Innsbruck (donwload version) ?

Thanks Robert, that is what I am looking for in Ai. A couple of static on the ramp and some traffic. I sat on the ramp and watched for a while. Saw a couple of ai setup for approach, but they disappeared, and had one a/c on the ramp which appeared and lined up for takeoff. Other than the ai, it is really an outstanding scenery. Only other problem is runway lighting which is far to bright, this is a generic FSX problem, which I need to fix with Shockwave, but have never got them to my liking yet.

I am rebuilding my FSX on a new system, and will probably buy Austria Professional, but once again it is outstanding, takes me back to previous vacation time in Innsbruch! So thank you very much to the developers!

Hello Neil, I am having the same FSX problem, no AI traffic, althoug in the manual it is said there are problems with te aircraft taking off and the mountains-hight. So that may be solved later?

It would be great is static aircraft were on the airport, because it is looking abandoned and very empty by now.

Aersoft, can you please give static aircraft on FSX Innsbruck (donwload version) ?

• Upvote 1

I love the FS9 Approaching Innsbruck scenery, and especially the "approach" part!

The trains and traffic by Oli Pabst really add to the scenery.

So I was keen to see how FSX handles this.

But...the FSX traffic stops - just where the scenery starts!

And no trains, either!

In fact, the whole place seems just a bit like a ghost town...

Did I do something wrong during the install process?

Great scenery and especially different times of day watching peaks

light up or huts on sides of slopes. Watching layers of clouds in valley

A must have product. I'll post some screenshots in the next few days

of experiences.

• Developer

I love the FS9 Approaching Innsbruck scenery, and especially the "approach" part!

The trains and traffic by Oli Pabst really add to the scenery.

So I was keen to see how FSX handles this.

But...the FSX traffic stops - just where the scenery starts!

And no trains, either!

In fact, the whole place seems just a bit like a ghost town...

Did I do something wrong during the install process?

Hi,

yes - FSX generated traffic has to stop because else it would interfere with the traffic which has been design by our own. Have you really activated the traffic by using the LOWItraffic.exe?

• Developer

Thanks Robert, that is what I am looking for in Ai. A couple of static on the ramp and some traffic. I sat on the ramp and watched for a while. Saw a couple of ai setup for approach, but they disappeared, and had one a/c on the ramp which appeared and lined up for takeoff. Other than the ai, it is really an outstanding scenery. Only other problem is runway lighting which is far to bright, this is a generic FSX problem, which I need to fix with Shockwave, but have never got them to my liking yet.

I am rebuilding my FSX on a new system, and will probably buy Austria Professional, but once again it is outstanding, takes me back to previous vacation time in Innsbruch! So thank you very much to the developers!

AI-Traffic and the behaviour of the planes depends very much on the quality of the used vehicles. We found out that only planes which are programmed very close to the requirements of FSX-planes behave in a manner which is satisfying. This refers to the approaches. Departures anyway are a mess (like in FS9).

We decided not to include static aircraft because the place is very limited. Another issue is that planes with an acceptable appearance simply have impact on the performance.

regards

• Developer

Hi Shaun,

I may do somethig wrong, but I ask just to be sure. I only have GA parking at LOWI. No gates.

Do you know what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance

Jerry

* EDIT* Matter solved all working :)

Would you please tell us what solved the matter? Other users might be thankful.

Thanks Gianni, I appreciate the challenges working with FSX presents you with. I would ask that you consider the addition of perhaps 2 static aircraft, a couple of 757's in tour operator colors, as this would add to the airport atmosphere. One of the hallmarks of Innsbruch is seeing the colourful tour operators on the ramp. Overall the scenery really captures the airport and it's environs. I am very pleased.

AI-Traffic and the behaviour of the planes depends very much on the quality of the used vehicles. We found out that only planes which are programmed very close to the requirements of FSX-planes behave in a manner which is satisfying. This refers to the approaches. Departures anyway are a mess (like in FS9).

We decided not to include static aircraft because the place is very limited. Another issue is that planes with an acceptable appearance simply have impact on the performance.

regards

Hi,

yes - FSX generated traffic has to stop because else it would interfere with the traffic which has been design by our own. Have you really activated the traffic by using the LOWItraffic.exe?

Yes I unticked the traffic boxes, saved, and then ticked all again and saved just to make sure.

But- no traffic or trains!

I just wanted to make sure this was not a common issue, before re-installing as a last resort...

Strangely, some traffic does seem to appear on an access loop to the north.

post-28719-126773002432_thumb.jpg

Just flew around with the Catalina, performance is very good ! Bravo Gianni !

I'll post some shots this weekend ;)

Cheers,

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have no problems with the trains in Innsbruck X at all. They do start and stop at the edge of the scenery, but that should be expected behavior. I've hovered at the end of the line to wait for one and chased it all the way across the scenery too. They start every couple of minutes. Great fun.

There's even little sparks above the loco as the catenary brushes a hanger bracket!

Also, with "Road Vehicles" at 25%, there's a realistic amount of traffic on the highways and streets.

The whole scenery is a real treat and everything I was led to expect. I do agree with the earlier posters who wished for just a couple of static aircraft...as long as the frame rates stay up. The designers chose well if there is a serious trade-off between aircraft and FPS though.

System: Win7 64Bit, 8800GTX 768 MB, i7 920 o'clocked to 4.0 GHz, 6 GB RAM

• Developer
I do agree with the earlier posters who wished for just a couple of static aircraft...as long as the frame rates stay up. The designers chose well if there is a serious trade-off between aircraft and FPS though.

Thank you for the kind words!

Yes, it was a trade-off. I mean in times where professional AI-Traffic addons provide any aspect for the individual design of traffic static aircraft no longer are reasonable. In particular at airports of such a small size.

• Developer

Yes I unticked the traffic boxes, saved, and then ticked all again and saved just to make sure.

But- no traffic or trains!

I just wanted to make sure this was not a common issue, before re-installing as a last resort...

Strangely, some traffic does seem to appear on an access loop to the north.

hm. Another question: do you have activated "dynamic scenery" in you FSX-settings?

Let's see what Oliver Pabst means to this question....

Currently I do not have an answer.