March Screenshot Competition.

Isn´t this the airport that an AA 757 was approaching and hit a mountain?

The strange thing is that there were several accidents where this airport was the departure, destination or not far away.

About the AA757 related to Uberlandia (SBUL) I found nothing.

One accident was with a young unexperienced copilot in a Learjet, weather under minimum conditions, stall on the final.

Isn´t this the airport that an AA 757 was approaching and hit a mountain?

That was in Cali columbia, and mostly due to pilot error, outside conditions, and lack of airport equipment, such as an ILS beacon.

from what you guys are saying, is that airport really like that?

Shaun, it's April the contest can be closed now, and April's contest can begin... Please.

lol I was thinking about what was strange about March screenshot comp... didn't seem correct and you gave me the answer to this obvious question

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Folks,

Sorry about this but as you can see by the sticky above I am looking for a volunteer to carry out this task.

The winners to March's Screenshot Competition are.

hebby92 with:

Hebby92.jpg

And

xflash with:

Xflash.jpg

I'd like to know the exact location of xflashes entry so I could take a looksie.

Well done guys an e-mail on its way to you shortly.

Hello Folks,

I'd like to know the exact location of xflashes entry so I could take a looksie.

Well done guys an e-mail on its way to you shortly.

Thank you Shaun,

you can locate the hole easy with the coords in the pic.

Just open a free flight, jump the map and type the coords into the 2 fields.

If you have any trouble i will post a saved flight over the hole... (you need to disabel FS Global or something like that)

Thank you and Aerosoft again for the free addon...

• 1 month later...

I was shocked when first flown into Cali and don't hv visual of the airport though my bearing is right and suddenly saw the airport in the trench as i got closer.

managed to land smoothly though, diving down with full flaps. lol

2010-6-8_20-48-50-562.jpg