Seahawk Engine Start

ATTrailboss

I've researched the FAQs and threads and read the Seahawk manual but I can't find the answer: I follow the checklist exactly but I can't get an engine start from cold and dark. The F11 view shows the rotors turning and exhaust from the jet engines, the APU is at full power, the collective is at 30%, the ignition switch is to NORMAL, the fuel primer is on, and the air start is to engine (on the 2D; I can't move the switch in VC) but the green engine indicators never rise indicating the engines never catch. When I first boot FSX I go to the Cessna 172 and fgo through all the functions and then go to the Seahawk. Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

Shaun,

Thanks for your fast reply to my earlier posting. I tried a number of things and followed the checklist, and now I can get the engines started. I had several successful flights, but now a new problem has arisen: After engine start the 3 sets of stack indicators go to green. As soon as I add power above 30% and/or go to auto hover and radar altimeter the NP1, NP2 and NR go back to around 85%, torque drops to 20 and the chopper can't climb. After several seconds the values go back to green, it begins to climb, but then back to red and the climb stops. I've tried both manual takeoffs and using the auto function, same problem in both cases. I recalibrated my joysticks (I use the Saitek ST290 and Aviator), that didn't help. I have the update to version 2.11 installed.

Also, in your previous posting you referred me to the London tutorial. Is that the test flight on page 54 of the manual with flight plan "VFR USS Boxer Near London City.PLN"? I haven't been able to run this tutorial because of the power loss problem described above.

Thanks again.

I found the answer to my problem. I had my ST290 set for Z axis to control fuel mixture and the Aviator Throttle #2 set for propeller pitch and these two settings on the controls were conflicting with the fuel control and collective on the Seahawk. The only remaining mystery is why it worked in that configuration for probably 20 Seahawk flights before giving me problems.

I would still appreciate an answer if the London flight I identified in my earlier posting is the London tutorial that Shaun referred to.