AES ADE/AFCAD question for Oliver.

TJC

Hi Oliver.

I've just been reading through the forum and came on a reply by yourself;

AES is always based on the original Version and there all Gates are also in AES.

Can you confirm this please.

I always assumed that AES took it's information from whatever AFCAD/ADE file was in place for any particular Addon Scenery file was in use by the user.

ie. Mega Airport EDDF 2009, if I adjusted the AFCAD file for better AI flow, does AES only work with the information supplied with the original scenery AFCAD release, or does it ever take into account the fact that I might have adjusted it.

As part of my work for AIG Ground, we have modified many Aerosoft (amongst other scenery developers) AFCAD files as you probably know only too well.

Is any of our work taken into account with regard to AES when the end user installs our files. Or does AES still base it's locations and gate area's on the original file.

Some developers have less than perfect placing of the parking spots in regards to the Terminal Buildings or Air Bridges.

And, honestly I'm sorry to say here, Aerosoft's ELLX scenery, where the main gates are more that 1m off the drawn line in the scenery, need a bit of work to line everything up as they should be.

I realise the Scenery designer has far more than AI parking in his/her mind during construction of a scenery file.

But if you are one of the many AI hardcore fanatics that survive on well desinged addon scenery product's, the fact that the AI models around you in FS9 or FSX don't park in the correct location as drawn by the scenery designer is a (often, very) slight let down.

That's the main reason AIG Ground was set up, and seems to do well in the many download websites available.

I appologise for taking up your time on this question Oliver, but I would like to know, if whatever I modify for any addon scenery that incorporates AES, is using any information and hard work that I input into the work I do.

If it does not, then there is no point in my continuing with work on any file that will use AES at any stage in future.

I currently have as many as 7 files in production, for release in the next few months, that will allow the end user to incorporate AES and my ADE/AFCAD file, in their scenery to give the ultimate realism where AI park as close to real life as they can do, within the limitations of FS as can ba achieved.

If you think further discussion is required on this, please contact me via PM, or through my email address as included in my profile.

If your reply is intended for any ADE/AFCAD designers in the General Public, please continue this discussion here.

• Developer

AES use his own database to handle the taxipathes and the gate/parkingpositions. If you change the afcad, this will not effect AES.

When I do AES for an airport, I read the parameter and positions of the original Afcad and use it as base for the AES implementation. The I adjust the pathes so, that they fit and that AES will work correct.

AS long as you only correct the position and pathes so that they are fit to the lines, nothing happens. The cooperation between the afcad and AES is only effected, when you add new gates (which then are not handled by AES and don't be seen in the followme list) or if you change the taxipath connectens, so that the possible taxipath between two points change, because then the way to the Gates is maybe different calculated from the FS ATC and AES Followme.

So, you can change the afcad, but in some cases, it will generate differences between the FS and AES, regarding how much is changes. There is no technical way to read the changed afcad on realtime, so I can't read your changes in runtime to adjust AES here.