AES 2.06 Manchester not found/Error while activation

When did this error pops up? When you run the installer? When you start AEShelp?

Oliver thanks but,

The error occurred the first time when enabling EGCC in AES help, now it occurs every time when starting AES help for FSX

When Manchester is disabled in help and repair sync is used it works but when Manchester enabled I have the error message above and no gates at EGCC...

• Developer

When you uncheck the EGCC Airport, save it and then you start AEShelp again, is the error gone?

Please check the EGCC Scenery folder, if there are maybe files readonly.

If you use Vista and H: is your system drive, maybe the scenery has Files in the Virtual store and this bring you in Trouble here. I don't know, but could be.

Take care, that you have Version 1.2 of EGCC installed and that you try to use the UK2000 Option tool to prepare the scenery for AES first.

When you uncheck the EGCC Airport, save it and then you start AEShelp again, is the error gone?

If you use Vista and H: is your system drive, maybe the scenery has Files in the Virtual store and this bring you in Trouble here. I don't know, but could be.

Take care, that you have Version 1.2 of EGCC installed and that you try to use the UK2000 Option tool to prepare the scenery for AES first.

H is a dedicated drive for FSX full admin rights all write/read access will do a reinstall of UK2000 (version 1.2 is installed)

ok did a reinstall of EGCC 1.2 with the same result error still exist!

Did you prepare the scenery with the optiontool?

Yes I did when I copy over the file AES-EGCC-LIB.bgl it works fine but as soon I start AES help it gives the error plus it deletes the bgl file go figure lol

Hi,

same error message with EGCC here.

I have it on Windows 7 64bit

C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Microsoft Games.....

Same error message as above and no Jetways at EGCC in FSX.

kind regards

Manuel

Did you prepare the scenery with the optiontool?

Ok Oliver solved this one there was a syntax error in the path statement of EGCC for FSX as follows in my case:

Maybe you can notify Gary about this one in this error in the scenery cfg file...

Wrong:

local=H:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ \ UK2000 scenery\UK2000 Manchester Xtreme

Corrected one:

local=H:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\UK2000 scenery\UK2000 Manchester Xtreme

Cheers,

André

• Developer

Can you please check your scenery.cfg, if there is a \\ in the Path to the EGCC Scenery (I think the installer of UK2000 makes a mistake when adding the Path, so that two Backslashes are in there.

You maybe can also open the Scenery library and go to the EGCC entry and press EDIT and reselect the Path, the same it and check all again.

If there is a \\ in the path, maybe windows gets problems to copy the file or the check the path.

EDIT: :D You was faster. So please use this workaround. In future AEShelps I will include a check for that.

Can you please check your scenery.cfg, if there is a \\ in the Path to the EGCC Scenery (I think the installer of UK2000 makes a mistake when adding the Path, so that two Backslashes are in there.

You maybe can also open the Scenery library and go to the EGCC entry and press EDIT and reselect the Path, the same it and check all again.

If there is a \\ in the path, maybe windows gets problems to copy the file or the check the path.

EDIT: :D You was faster. So please use this workaround. In future AEShelps I will include a check for that.

Thanks Oliver now off to buy some more credits for future airports lol (this one charged my last 7 credits)

Cheers,

André

Aerosoft should provide a fix or at least advise people of the error because every simmer that has UK2000 Manchester and wants to use it with AES 2.06 will have a error message when starting AEShelp and wonder why or think that something is wrong with either AES or fs9/fsx (like myself). When infact nothing is wrong just a little syntax error in the path statement which can be easily fixed if you know how to fix it (which many don't). I can just imagine how many AES customers are confused or frustrated right now, not knowing the reason for the problem.

Thanks,

Milo

• Developer

We will change the installer on monday, so that AEShelp will take care about that problem, that is generated by the installer of Manchster. The wrong path in the scenery.cfg is not a fault of aerosoft, and if the use will correct the installpath when he run the EGCC installer (where you will be ask for the path, you see the \\ and can correct it), all is fine.