Lelystad X ground texture problem

ApacheHunter

I have the following problem with the ground textures of Lelystad X. I have run the scenery perfectly before and I am using the suggested settings. I have used the repair function and I did a complete reinstall of the scenery without any luck!2010-2-25_19-53-36-85.jpg

If I zoom out a bit, this is what I see:

2010-2-25_19-53-40-756.jpg

I hope you can help me!

Thanks,

Kevin

Not an unknown problem but it only happens if you have anything older than FSX SP2 installed. Doubt that FS Global will be causing the problem.

Bests,

Sascha

Because the repair mode of the SP2 installer didn't work for some odd reason, I completely uninstalled SP2 and afterwards installed it again. Fortunately, that was the trick! My problem is gone now.

Regards,

A satisfied customer ^_^

Because the repair mode of the SP2 installer didn't work for some odd reason, I completely uninstalled SP2 and afterwards installed it again. Fortunately, that was the trick! My problem is gone now.

Regards,

A satisfied customer ^_^

Good! Thank you for letting us know.

Bests,

Sascha

• 1 year later...

I got the same problem. Seems to be an issue with Flight1's Ultimate Terrain Europe. I can restore Lelystad the way described above, but then Ultimate Terrain doesn't work anymore. All of the roads, railroads, rivers, canals, etc. are all gone. I can still see the vehicles driving at the places the roads are supposed to be, but the roads themselves are invisible.

I can restore Ultimate terrain by disabling and enabling all roads, railroads, rivers, etc. in the setup tool. Then Ultimate Terrain works, but Lelystad is broken again. And if I restore Lelystad, Ultimate Terrain is broken again.

So, how do I solve this?

PS I also got Aerosoft Rotterdam X installed. That airport works good, and the strange thing is that if I start a flight at EHRD and then move my aircraft to EHLE the scenery works good even if it's supposed to be broken. But if I start my flight at EHLE it's broken.

I got the same problem. Seems to be an issue with Flight1's Ultimate Terrain Europe. I can restore Lelystad the way described above...

What do you mean by "restore"? Lelystad requires FSX SP2 to work properly - that has nothing to do with restoring Lelystad.

Also Ultimate Terrain doesn't affect the aprons in Lelystad in any way because they use completely different layers of scenery - same vice versa.

Bests,

Sascha

By restoring I mean uninstalling and reinstalling SP2. After that, the ground textures at Lelystad are good. But Ultimate Terrain can't handle the fact that SP2 is being uninstalled and reinstalled.

By restoring I mean uninstalling and reinstalling SP2. After that, the ground textures at Lelystad are good. But Ultimate Terrain can't handle the fact that SP2 is being uninstalled and reinstalled.

So what happens to Lelystad when you have UTE running.

This happens:

EHLE_1.jpg

EHLE_2.jpg

EHLE_3.jpg

EHLE_4.jpg

As you can see all the taxiways got the wrong (default) textures and all the taxi lines are gone. The runway has the right textures, except for the places where it interfears with a taxiway. Also the roads outside the fence got the same problem.

I think the only way to get this problem solved is to reinstall FSX completely + SP1 and 2. Restoring a failed SP installation never worked for me (and no one else I know). So this is not a problem with the scenery itself but a problem with a corrupted FSX installation.

You won't happen to use the scenery in DirectX 10 preview mode, do you?

Bests,

Sascha

DirectX Preview mode is switched off.

I even already uninstalled and reinstalled FSX completely. It didn't make any difference, the problem remained. So I think it is a failure in the scenery. Specially because it works good on any other scenery except for Lelystad.

DirectX Preview mode is switched off.

I even already uninstalled and reinstalled FSX completely. It didn't make any difference, the problem remained. So I think it is a failure in the scenery. Specially because it works good on any other scenery except for Lelystad.

Can't agree with that as it would then be the same with every customer and they would then all have the same issue.

When you un-install you have to delete all the residue and files that's left behind to do an absolutely clean install, this means the folder in the Program Data folder and the one in the Users folder.

This week I completely formatted my harddisk, reinstalled Windows and all drivers and stuff and finally FSX, UTE and Lelystad X. And guess? Still the same problem! This is what my system looks like:

Motherboard Asus P5E3 Pro

CPU Intel Core2 Duo E8400 (not overclocked)

Memory 4 GB DDR3-1600 (2x 2GB)

Video Sapphire Radeon HD4870 1GB GDDR5

Harddisks 2x WD VelociRaptor 300GB (one for Windows, the other one for FS) + 1x Corsair Force 3 SSD 60GB (for swap)

OS Windows 7 SP1 64-bits

FSX Deluxe Edition with SP1 and SP2 installed (no accelleration pack)

All software legal.

well i dont have that airport but. have you tryeid the airport whit out flight1 UTE or the terrain program if you have it ?. as i had some problems at faro yesterday whit those 2 programs and by diabeling them it worked..

it dosent directly look like your problem but a place to start. do you use a traffic program?

Hello Folks,

Quite personally if I was going to reformat and restart from scratch to check something, I would have installed FSX + Sp1 + SP2 and then Lelystad and checked FSX as it would then be the only 3rd party scenery installed.

• 5 months later...

Finally after a long time I figured out what caused this strange problem. It appears it has nothing to do with Ultimate Terrain, but it does have something to do with another airport scenery I got installed. It seems Aerosoft Lelystad X conflicts with Maximil Ostend EBOS, wich can be found at http://users.skynet....imil/Design.htm.

Any suggestions how to solve this conflict?

Hmm... this caused me some headaches because strangely and suddenly I could replicate your problem on my system!

But CVX_ABEX.bgl isn't the source of the problem here. After deactivating basically EVERY other scenery around I still had the same problem (similarly to you last year!). Some hours of searching revealed that some new entries/changes in the terrain.cfg is the problem. Most likely changes made by Ultimate Terrain Europe.

Problem was: While I set the flatten command to -4 meters, the AFCAD file was set at a location of -3.96 meters. Those lousy 4 centimeters have never been a problem as long as you're having FSX's original terrain.cfg file, but they ARE a problem once you install Ultimate Terrain (or similar addons).

Sorry for causing you all this trouble last year! While this problem is only revealed after installing Ultimate Terrain, the original bug was actually within the Lelystad files (those 4 centimeters I mentioned).

Would you mind to get a free copy of Antarctica X as a small compensation for all the trouble you went through? If yes, just drop a mail to support@aerosoft.com, refer to this thread and ask them for instructions on how to get your free copy.

It even seems to run fine with CVX_ABEX.bgl activated now.

Would you mind giving attached file a try and tell me if it works? Just overwrite the existing file in FSX\Aerosoft\Dutch Airports - Lelystad\Scenery\ with the new one.

Bests,

Sascha

EHLE_Flatten.zip