Who's driving the Follow me Trucks in AES

TheSarge

Sometimes I wonder if Walt Disney fired Goofy and he got a new job working at the airport! The follow me truck has a tendency to change direction and make sharp turns without notice. That Blinker gives you an indication that it is about to turn, but what you never expect that it is going to turn totally around and go in the other direction! This makes it very difficult to operate the A380 on the ground, The A380 is a very difficult aircraft to drive around the airport even with support from the "Taxispeed guage". Driving on your own its not that difficult to anticipate the turns and reduce or increase speed to adjust to make those turns.

But when following the "FOLLOW ME" truck, it leaves you dead in the water when it turns and goes in the other direction. Sometimes in PARIS CDG you can clearly see the markings which indicate the turn off to exit the runway. The Follow me truck ignores that and drives over to the markings used for aircrafts entering the runway and uses that instead totally leaving you jacked :blush: on the runway stuggling to turn this bad boy around. Very annoying. It gets to the point where you just have to drive on the grass to make sharp turn arounds thanks to the AES "FOLLOW ME"! Is there going to be a patch to correct this?

• Upvote 1

Well there you have it. Guess you cant blame AES for Microsofts short coming on designing afcads. Same things happen to AI aircrafts taking for ever exit the runway or if they dont follow their landing slot. I guess I am looking for perfection where there is obviously none. I guess I will follow the ugly purple lines until I am off the apron and request the follow me once I am in the Terminal Zones.

If you zoom in on the follow me van, the driver looks like Elmer Fudd. Maybe he's chasin' that wabbit. laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

I didn't want to even go there, But if you ask me I think he found the crazy wabbit and got a carrot shoved up his you know what :D ! Look at the way he walks LMAO, he won't be messing with that rabbit anymore -_- !