Dutch Harbor X

horst18519

I noticed one small mistake in a texture, on one of the first screenshots: the downed DC3 has the colours of a ReeveL Aleutian. First I thought it was on purpose and only a reference to the Reeve Aleutian airline, as the livery wasn't the one I knew. But a bit of google and ntsb checking showed that a Reeve aleutian DC3 in those colours did go down in nikolski in the late 60s and it is still there. The damage you modelled is even the actual damage it shows on pics on the net - perfection is in the little details!

Probable cause of accident - premature take off due to wind gust followed by stall and crash - dutch harbour flyers beware!

:)

Rui

I wasn't sure if I'd get in trouble if I used the real name. :D

Oh lol, I understand:). Well, when I looked at the real aircraft I found, the fading paint created a pattern on that spot that does look like an L. So we could say that it's all for realism's sake:D.

Regards!

Rui

I knew I was getting this one from day one. Flying there is another question though.

I have to wait until sometime around May(???) when I finally get a system that can perform much better than what I have now. I installed UT Alaska, and I am lucky if I see the fps counter go past 4.

Great work Thorsten, and please do not go on any vacations in the next two years or so. Keep them coming ;)

My next vacations will lead me to airports that are on the wishlist of lots of users, so I guess those kind of vacations will be highly appreciated. ;)

In that case, why are you still at work. Go, go by all means go. :lol:

I would say now is the perfect time for a vacation, because you will spend most of this week(end) trying not to crash your aircraft with your new scenery, that we just released: :lol:

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11200

Thorsten, I already downloaded it.

By the way, product page pics (Fantastic) make me shiver just by looking at them.

I for one am glad I have it much easier here in HOT Dubai. B)

Great work.

Guest Hodge001

Hi

I must admit that I have not flown into PADU for a long while in FSX, but now I have a great scenery package for it I was going to refly what used to be one of my favourite routes from Anchorage to Unalsaka using the ported version of the MAAM DC-3 and steam navigational instrumentation, as long as you are not of a superstitious nature considering the memento left behind by a previous DC-3, but other than this I was planning to use the PMDG Jetstream, although I will probably be eating into my reserves at that range, add to that the necessity of having to get the speed off well before the approach and mixing in the icing effects, should make for a challenging flight in marginal weather.

Jim Hodkinson

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but that's absolutely nonsense. Why should a scenery like this be bad for frames. The Aleutian Islands are a remote area with no cities, almost no vegetation and nothing else that could prevent very good fps all over the addon.

Framerates are excellent at PADU....and I have a computer a couple of years old...what fabulous scenery! Thanks for this addon!

Bill

KGYH

Because you got nasty weather 80% of the time with heavy crosswinds. And of course you have to fly the DME circling approach with a tight turnaround because of the high mountains east and west of the airport.

Considering they land there with aircraft up to B737s, the runway is also rather short.

The addon will be compatible with UTX Alaska.

I filmed a documentary of Reeve Aleutian Airways, featuring two approaches (in cockpit) into Dutch in L-188 Electras...one on a very nasty "summer" day, the other in early spring--calm wind, snow--wonderful. You can see clips at www.flyelectra.com , and if your guys at Aerosoft are interested, I would consider selling the DVD's to you (for distribution option w/Dutch) very, very reasonably....would love folks who love PADU to see some great flying into the airport. Let me know, and email me (if you don't have access to my email, let me know that too)...otherwise, enjoy the clip.

Bill

KGYH

post-30966-127216005636_thumb.jpg

post-30966-127216006989_thumb.jpg

post-30966-127216008289_thumb.jpg