Dutch Harbor X

horst18519

• Developer

"Northern Exposure was not filmed in Alaska, only based."

Yes, NX was filmend in Roslyn, a one hour drive from Seattle. When you go there you can see everything

like the "Bricks", "Roslyn´s Cafe" wallpainting and even Minifield´s Radio Station Office is still present.

Joel´s office is used as a NX souvenir shop now (in 2008 it was), run by a man from Croatia.

The atmoshphere of Roslyn is "typicall Cicely", even if it is in Washington instead of Alaska.

I was sitting there an a sunny day on a bench for an hour and I can promise you, you´ll here the voices of Chris, Shelly,Holing.... :wub:

Okay, call me crazy. :blink:

Thorsten, sim-wings

PS: For all of you who dont know what the h... they talk about. Search for NorthernExposure TV-Series, or as it was called in Germany: "Ausgerechnet Alaska". It´s really a great loss that it was discontinued.

it was called in Germany: "Ausgerechnet Alaska"

In Poland it was called 'Przystanek Alaska' which means more or less 'A stop in Alaska' or 'An Alaskan stop'

It´s really a great loss that it was discontinued

Yes, especially that, in my opinion, TV has never ever seen such a smart and simultaneously entertaining series anymore. The ones produced now are .... .

However, after Joel left Sicilly the episodes were less and less interesting to me.

And of all of them I mostly love the first one and the 'Spring Break'.

I have all the collection on DVD's.

First Tongass Fjords, the Ultimate Alaska, now followed by Dutch Harbor and hopefully soon the Service Pack for the Bushhawk X... Alaska can't get better than this!

We're already packing the installer, but that means a bit more testing as we need to make sure we give you 100% compatibility with other addons in the area. So no release before easter.

• Upvote 1

Modeling a vessel takes as much time as half an airport (if it's supposed to look good), so all ships in the area are default.

You'll see a map by the end of the week.

To shorten your time until release, here are some more screens from one off the final betas ^_^. Hope you'll enjoy...

dhpre70.jpg

dhpre71.jpg

dhpre72.jpg

dhpre73.jpg

dhpre74.jpg

Seldom but sometimes in summer you'll find really nice weather to fly in Unalaska... B)

dhpre75.jpg

dhpre76.jpg

dhpre77.jpg

• Aerosoft

We are scheduled for a release early next week. Been flying the Release Candidate a lot the last few days and I like it a lot. It's just a place that oozes character and it easy to get used to.

Here is a low res version of the map. When we are released you will find a high res version on the product page. Beautiful map as always done by Konrad, our brother in arms for these things.

DutchHarborX_map_1280px.gif

Now if only someone would do Anchorage, we'd have two airports to fly between. biggrin.gif

Hey Bruce,

Simwings announced to do PANC Anchorage, but it will take some time...

So we have to do some short trips araound Unalaska, but I can promise you, there is enough space to explore...