Aerosoft FSC8.6 is not FSC8.6

MortenS

I found a bug in Aerosoft FSC 8.5, which I cured by installing the FSC 8.6. But since it then got unregistred, I downloaded the Aerosoft FSC 8.6 upd instead. But now I still have th same bug where FSC chooses the closes navaid when adding a SID to FP. If the SID has a navaid-name which appear several places, it chooses the closest one, which is not allways the correct one.

How can I get this bug out of the system, without going back to the demo version, or buying FSC again?

Check LIPE SID FER5P rwy30

Have you updated the SID's and STAR's through Navigraph? If not then they will be out of date not the version of FSC that you are using..... especially if you are using upto date paper style charts to check.

Have you updated the SID's and STAR's through Navigraph? If not then they will be out of date not the version of FSC that you are using..... especially if you are using upto date paper style charts to check.

Yes, using the 1001 version, but it works fine in the 8.6 unregistered version downloaded from FSCommander.com. Also checked with the FSCommander forum, and was told by Volker that I should download the 8.6 version.

Now I'm unsure as to who's copy of FSC you are using, Aerosoft or FSC.com's?? If you purchased from FSC.com then the upgrade from Aerosoft IS the wrong one for you. You need to get this from FSC.com.

If the programme and updates are from Aerosoft then it's your installation as I don't have that issue, sorry.

Now I'm unsure as to who's copy of FSC you are using, Aerosoft or FSC.com's?? If you purchased from FSC.com then the upgrade from Aerosoft IS the wrong one for you. You need to get this from FSC.com.

If the programme and updates are from Aerosoft then it's your installation as I don't have that issue, sorry.

I have the Aerosoft version. So you've checked the LIPE SID then? That it actually adds the ndb navaid in the flightplan?

I have the Aerosoft version.

OK.

So you've checked the LIPE SID then? That it actually adds the ndb navaid in the flightplan?

Would have saved me time if you said which ndb!! Either way rwy12/30 BOA6N/5P not an issue my end. Rwy 12/30 on FER5/L/N/M/P also not an issue.

FER5P only has one ndb, but I'm talking about the BOA ndb. Strange that it works fine for you though. It works fine for me if I use the demo version downloaded from FSCommander.com, but not in Aerosofts version.

All of the SID's within FSC for LIPE only show one or the other (without firing it up and looking again). I'm using the Aerosoft version so don't know why your having issues with it.

Have you also tried from within the flight plan and after selecting departure/arrival airports, to insert the SID and then STAR before you click on low or high airways route?

I'm saying the SID is correct in FSC, but when I add it to the flightplan in FSC, it adds the VOR instead of the correct NDB.

I'm sorry if my english is too bad to understand, but I'm saying the demo version downloaded directly from FSC's own site works fine (even with the correct weather download settings), but the Aerosoft version 8.6 still have those bugs; at least on my computer.

I'm saying the SID is correct in FSC, but when I add it to the flightplan in FSC, it adds the VOR instead of the correct NDB.

Understand you OK but, unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the outcome you are getting. Mine loads the correct SID (either one) into a flight plan by both methods. Dept/Arr create route either high/low then add SID/STAR. Dep/Arr SID/STAR then route high/low.

I've just noticed something in FSC 8.6 which was in 8.5 but not now.

Couldn't find any other places where this could apply. It's kind of hard to find them just by looking at the world.

So does any other than James get this SID added correctly to the flightplan.

I would assume that there are more than just us two but obviously very few with this issue. I use Navigraph to update my data and have never had an issue with it. I know of I have along with others who have had similar problems and you could say the same with waypoints.

For example if there are two or more NDB's, ILS's or waypoints with the same name then theoretically the programme should list them all so you can select which one is the closest to you or your route. I know this can be a pain but, life's a peach so to speak.

I get the impression you don't understand me very good. I have no issues with Navigraph or Airac at all. No problems with navaid, SID or STAR. I only have a problem with FS Commander adding the SID wrong in the FP. It displays the correct navaids with the SID, but when I wan't FSC to add it do the FP, FSC adds completely different navaids and therefore a completely different course.

But since this is corrected in the FSC 8.6 version, and I have confirmed this was a bug in FSC 8.5, I don't understand why it isn't corrected in Aerosoft's FSC 8.6.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I've formatted the entire HDD and reinstalled everything according to instructions. Still nothing changes, and I still see the BOA NDB changes to teh BOA VOR when adding it to the FP.

Of course this isn't a big issue as there doesn't seem to be many places where this occurs, but since it's fixed in FSC 8.6, it's kinda annoying that it isn't in Aerosoft's FSC 8.6.

I understand you perfectly but I don't get the same result(s) as you do. An other angle that I failed to ask and my apologies but, do you have add on scenery for that area installed? Other software etcetera installed that could use it's own defined route segments? It may well be an issue with those. If not then I'm stumped on any further assistance I can give.

I am using the Aerosoft update for FSC and I don't have the issue but you do. You create flight plans different to how I do and I do not attempt to adjust the SID or STAR manually as your then going to have major issues. If I download the relevant monthly updates then I do not see the necessity to manually alter them myself.

The way FSC displays (on the map) Departure/Arrival routes, they obviously look different to the paper charts. By this I mean the paper charts shows curves etcetera for the particular SID or STAR, FSC can't. With this in mind I can't give you any more assistance other than that which I have already given.

No addons for this area at all. And this happens even before I'd mess around with custom routes. It looks to me like the 8.6upd is not applied, as this issue is verified by the FSC developers as an 8.5 issue. The same this goes with the weather download link in FSC; I need to manually edit it to make it work. This is not needed in the real FSC 8.6. Still I get other 8.6 features.