Takeoff with ATS

Bruno

Hi Airbus Pilot's :rolleyes:

I have a qustion about the Autothrottle System and the Takeoff.

I can't get the System to work! TOGA button has no effect!

Ok, I select on the N1 computer ToFlex or TO

Turn the ATS system on, then should I be able to select N1 on the autopilot! Or not?

On my plane it's simlpy a no go!

Could anybody give me a hand with this? I must have a large user error somewhere :wacko:

Many thanks

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

Set the N1 computer switch on auto throttle manually advance the engines to check both rise in a stable manner until around 40-50% then when your happy both engines are stable select N1 biggrin.gif

Good luck

Hi Guys

ok, thanks I found the problem!

I normaly use a throttle console with key commands and no joystick axis!

To make a long story short, after I disabled the joystick axis in FS and restarting the sim

everything is working now.

regards

Bruno

Hi Guys

ok, thanks I found the problem!

I normaly use a throttle console with key commands and no joystick axis!

To make a long story short, after I disabled the joystick axis in FS and restarting the sim

everything is working now.

regards

Bruno

Just curious.....

what do you mean with "thottle console with key commands" ?

Rgds, Patrick

Hi,

We have tried to simulate a rejected take-off situation, to do that the following logic was added to the throttle control:

- to have SRS (TOGA) work the throttle axis on the joystick has to be moved over half the full range (more or less), simulating the initial manual spool up (as in real life)

- once the engine is stable you press the TOGA button and the A/T takes over

- to reject the take-off, move the throttle handle back to the "0" position, SRS goes off and the engine spools down

In default FS you can't really cancel a take-off except by pressing manually switching off the autothrottle which isn't an easy thing to do when you got your hands on the throttle and on the yoke !

Björn

I allways perform another procedure for TakeOff....

I advance the Throttle to stabilize the engines and press N1, of course I selected the FlexTemp before.

And it works fine even N1 works with throttle on idle, and rejectedt TO is also working with that procedure, I simplay pull back the throttles and put them into reverse thus deactivating the A/T.

Rgds, Patrick