Amsterdam Wish List.

Shaun Fletcher

I know that you guys are really busy and realise that the add-on has just been released, so I would like to say that you guys can just take your time. Makin an update doesn't go that quick so for all of them asking when an update would be available, I think we can still wait for a long time, if you understand what I mean.:D Amsterdam isn't their only project. :P

And the question what I would like:

Adjustment of the taxi lights (brighter),

runway lights alligned,

scenery improved so it is to be seen from further distance like EGLL EDFF etc,

brighter building at night, so as if the building were lit up from the inside, it's really dark at Schiphol at night what doesn't give a cosy feeling.:P

Kind Regards and thanks for now

Swayze

My contribution to this wish list is that I wish the FSX version could be ready before "Cross The Pond" 2010 VATSIM event at the end of March :rolleyes: I hope this will come true B)

I'd like to add a vote against any Leipzig-esque bridges. I don't want to see AI go through them and there is a lot of that at EHAM, more so than at EDDP, where I didn't like it much either...

To be honest, I never noticed these problems at EDDP. Will have to check on that.

However, you've got to admit that the current way it's made with EHAM doesn't look good.

There's got to be a better way to simulate the different levels of taxiways, motorways and waterways.

When you taxi to the Polderbaan (36L-18R) the long way (via the south avioduct), you cross 3 avioducs. First one over the A4, second over the A5 and third over the so called Hoofdvaart. Right now, it doesn't look realistic at all....

Just my thoughts.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Well its better than nothing. To me this is on the bottom of the 'things-to-do' list. The 3d scenery loading issue should be on top. Then, I find that there should be taken a careful look at the taxiway signs. As we know, a lot are missing. And those few that are there are most of the time completely misplaced or do not make any sense. The stands at the B-pier is next up.

Just move foreward mate. wink.gif

Yeah, the wing should be able to move under the gate. (unless the gate is placed to low ofcourse, AES wil fix that ;) )

Any news about the update?

Evert

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the wing should be able to move under the gate. (unless the gate is placed to low ofcourse, AES wil fix that ;) )...

Erm...no.

This issue was raised in the AES forum, and identified as an issue in the original scenery.

B777 and B747 certainly do not fit under.

• Upvote 1

Good day everyone,

Although pretty much everything has been said about this scenery, I would like to add a few observations. The first is that the 'AFCAD' programmer who will enable realistic operations for rwy 06/24 at EHAM deserves a gold medal. Over the years I've used several EHAM sceneries (except the Dream Team one), but they all suffered from the same problem: Assignment of visual approaches/landings at rwy 24 and take-offs at 06 (for which one has to backtrack part of the rwy!). This seems to be really challenging.

The second is that the sim 'coughs', as someone called it, even when overflying the vicinity of the airport at FL320, although I would hardly call a two second freeze a cough. I experienced this when passing the SPY VOR during a flight from Bremen to Manchester (which is by the way a coughing airport as well; it was a tough winter indeed).

Regards,

René

Good day everyone,

Although pretty much everything has been said about this scenery, I would like to add a few observations. The first is that the 'AFCAD' programmer who will enable realistic operations for rwy 06/24 at EHAM deserves a gold medal. Over the years I've used several EHAM sceneries (except the Dream Team one), but they all suffered from the same problem: Assignment of visual approaches/landings at rwy 24 and take-offs at 06 (for which one has to backtrack part of the rwy!). This seems to be really challenging.

This has to do with the fact that FS2004 does not have the possibillity to close one end of the runway... But hey, it is challenging to fly als ILS27 with a break-off to 24, like the KLM Cityhopper planes do often.

This has to do with the fact that FS2004 does not have the possibillity to close one end of the runway... But hey, it is challenging to fly als ILS27 with a break-off to 24, like the KLM Cityhopper planes do often.

Of course you can. Just select 'Closed for Takeoff' and/or 'Closed for Landing' in the Runway Properties window in FSX or Afcad. It works like a charm.