Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

There are 2 ways to do that :

1 Uninstall Schiphol X and re-download from your account

2 Download one of the 2 files sets above ( the update consists of improvements on the taxiways signs ). Your install will still be 1.03 , but the files are from 1.04.

Guys

I have missed 29pages of text,

Has there been a update, that fixes the horrible performance?

If so, is it significant?

thanks in advance for your reply

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Guys

Has there been a update, that fixes the horrible performance?

+1

It is really a beautiful airport well done, but the performance is sooo bad.

Half the frames than in Mega Airport Frankfurt or any other Add-on Airport i have. Even with all traffic deactivated.

+1

It is really a beautiful airport well done, but the performance is sooo bad.

Half the frames than in Mega Airport Frankfurt or any other Add-on Airport i have. Even with all traffic deactivated.

And almost a year later and still nothing has been done about it. What a joke!

• Upvote 3

There has been an update for this scenery that improved rates!

Hello Shaun,

With all respect, I think what he means is that we are all anxiously waiting for a major update, solving all bugs and shortcommings and bringing Mega Airport Schiphol up to par with other Mega Airports like Frankfurt and Barcelona.

I think we all got the impression months ago that such an update was/is in works, but after those initial statements it has become very quiet.

I would appreciate it very much if you could check with Aerosoft HQ or with the developer if the anticipated update is being worked on or if we're just here waiting for something that will never be (which would be a big shame and a missed chance for one of the most important hubs in Europe).

Best regards,

Frank

Hey - I am having a weird problem with EHAM on fs2004. Runs perfectly and is a beautiful bit of scenery.... my only problem is when flying with default fs2004 ATC - it won't show up the ILS approaches properly when choosing a different runway to land on... all it says is:

ILS approach Runway ..

ILS approach Runway...

With no numbers! is there a quick fix to this, or something I am doing wrong?

Chris

Hey - I am having a weird problem with EHAM on fs2004. Runs perfectly and is a beautiful bit of scenery.... my only problem is when flying with default fs2004 ATC - it won't show up the ILS approaches properly when choosing a different runway to land on... all it says is:

ILS approach Runway ..

ILS approach Runway...

With no numbers! is there a quick fix to this, or something I am doing wrong?

Chris

Hello Chris,

Do you have any other afcads installed for the scenery possibly with an AI Traffic program.

Bought the boxed version then Upgraded from aerosoft's support to ver. 1.14.

Then built the database with FlightSim Commander 9 got the following lines in log file

Undefined ILS'es found:

AF2_EHAM_01.bgl - PH - INOP - 52.2816 - -34.03003

AF2_EHAM_01.bgl - SC - INOP - 52.28138 - -34.02997

AF2_EHAM_tsigns - PH - INOP - 52.2816 - -34.03003

AF2_EHAM_tsigns - SC - INOP - 52.28138 - -34.02997

=====================================

Maybe some double AFCAD file found!!!

AFCAD Airport: EHAM found!!!

Does this mean that problem still occurs ?

• 1 month later...

i can't find a update for amsterdam x I have the box version of it.

If I look at the site of aerosoft for a update i can't find :(

Help

I have also a slow framerate...and a monster machine! Help :)

Hello;

In order to get updates for products,you need to go to the Faq's/Update page,and log-in,it should show all the products you have registered,as for the performance issue,what kind of system are you running Fsx on,etc...........

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Folks,

If you have the latest update installed then I will try to get something definitive on this next week.

Almost two weeks further now. Any news yet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a bug with the FSX version, I don't know if it has been recorded yet, but on the taxiway parallel to runway 18C/36C (specifically the part at the end of runway 9/27, leading to the holding point of 18C), I see boats on the taxiway and if you taxi your plane off the taxiway, the plane reacts as if it hit water.

Just wanted to let you know ;)

Hi,

I have a bug with the FSX version, I don't know if it has been recorded yet, but on the taxiway parallel to runway 18C/36C (specifically the part at the end of runway 9/27, leading to the holding point of 18C), I see boats on the taxiway and if you taxi your plane off the taxiway, the plane reacts as if it hit water.

Just wanted to let you know ;)

I dont think thats a bug with the software but something on your setup. You need to disable all other 3rd party scenery you have installed except for EHAM in the scenery library and then check the results, then add them back till you find the incompatibility.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I think it is a bug. Brandnew installation with only Schiphol and Faro from Aerosoft.

Taxiing on the C taxiway it is like there was a tsunami!

I know now it's a matter of R*T*F*M :blush:

In the manual:

Sea traffic in FSX

There is a lot of water covering the area around the airport. To avoid seeing boats popping up in unwanted areas it is recommended to set the density of leisure boats to 0%. We also recommend to set the density of other boat traffic to around 6%.

Problem (of the boats) solved!

Another issue (FS2004 v1.14): still ground bumping and dirt when departing for example from gate K36 to runway 22...

Still no news yet? :mad:

Hello Everybody,

First of all I want to say that is still a pity that there are still some issues at Amsterdam. I thought maybe I can get a look at the real aiport EHAM, I was there 10 weeks internship

I've saw many things in & around EHAM. So I've something to show you what I saw at Amsterdam Schiphol in real life and what I had compared with the Mega airport scenery.

this I really something about my opinion. I just wan't to help the aerosoft team and maybe they can do something about it. rolleyes.gif

5492261.gif5492264.gif

Runway 18L-36R doesn't have touch Lines on therunway 18L side.

This is because runway18L is not a landing runway, only in a case of emergency they'll use it from the north.

5492329.gif5492331.gif

This going about gate D2 & D3, When you approaching those gates for stand, the uses 2 guidelines. For example at D2, onthe ground assigns D2AB, that means that you can follow line A,or B. guideline A is the line for al the small-medium aircraft. Like B737-700/800/900A319/A320. The B line shows a wide curve. The B767-200/300 B757-200/300 &A321 will use the B guideline.

On the ground you Will see D2A/B and when the line spreads you'll see Line D2B and D2A. for D3 it's the same. At E3 you have it in the scenery as well. only D2 & D3 doesn't have 2 lines.

5492346.gif

About the Taxiways at EHAM,

It's hardly to say, but some of the placed taxiway designators are still incorrect.

At home I've a document that shows me all the taxiway designators even the coordinates that you can simply convert to the Aerosoft EHAM, but I'll comeback on that later on.

w'll be coninuted...

Again! This is really not the complain about thisscenery, because Amsterdam Schiphol is still a beauty.

It's a pity that this scenery still missingsome issues. I'm not talking about the FPS, because we already know that issueoff course.

The only thing I mean to say is that I hope that Aerosoft can take a look at those issues. We can't only complain about the issues. In my opinoin the best thing we can do is help them out a bit like this.

I wish you all a goodday!

grtz

Tiago

• 2 weeks later...