Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

I'm sorry if I asked these questions before:

1. How does the FSX version of Schiphol work with the NL2000v4 scenery, any frame loss, etc.

2. Are the building building textures sharp and clear in FSX, do they look photo-realistic? I cannot tell the quality of this airport through the photos and videos issued so far, too many long-shots.

Thanks for any answers offered...Darryl

People,

ORBX is being sponsored by Qantas and that's how they get the 7cm resolution ground textures. ORBX makes their sceneries for use in Qantas's simulators, so of course they will look amazing then! This kind of edge makes it impossible to compare almost all existing sceneries with ORBX sceneries.

Also, please do not forget what airport sceneries ORBX focuses on. They are freaking TINY. Of course they make lots per months! Come on, you aren't seriously comparing a huge airport like EHAM with the tiny GA airports that ORBX makes? I find it one of the most unfair comparisons I have heard in the past few weeks.

I do not agree with the notion that EHAM "sucks" or "looks awful". I personally think it looks just as good as EDDM, but EHAM does return lower FPS. What I want to see fixed in EHAM is the lack of taxiway signs, the placement of the airport and the performance. For the rest, I think the scenery looks quite good.

Well, in my eyes..... this look's more than a GA airport, and i have NOT read about any kind of performance hit to now.

(Just my view of this post)

Have a nice day.

Stein-Ove

@Gerard,

Sorry for the late response but I was a short time out off the FS scene.

Anyway, if EHAM wouldn't work on youre system... :huh::lol: (I guess i7)

Many people are working with a lower end Pc and it should work for them as well. Look at the min requirements:

System requirements for FSX:

•Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Acceleration or SP2)

•Windows XP / Vista or 7

•Processor with 3.0 GHz (Core2Duo Intel requested)

•2 GB RAM

•3D graphic card with 256 MB, recommended 512 MB

•Installations-Size: 300 MB

System requirements for FS2004:

•Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 with Update 9.1

•Windows 7, Vista or XP SP2

•Pentium IV 2,6 GHz or higher

•2 GB RAM

•3D Graphics card with 256 MB (512 MB recommend)

•Installations-Size: 300 MB

I can asure you that these requirements are (still) way too low to get it running well (day or night). This scenery was, what I believe, never tested on those machines. If it was, it was done with default planes and who's using those?

With that a lot of mistakes in taxi signs, B-apron etc. it was too early at the market.

If you compare the PMDG 737 and the MD-11, with almost the same FPS, but with lots of more features and better textures, DF should have done a far better job than this one.

I also bought a new Pc (Core i5 760, 4 GB and GF9800), also working with FS9. When Cloud9 is performing better in all way's, I'll stick to that one. With FSX not sure...

King regards,

John

Where is the readme located?

Andrew Dixon

In the Amsterdam Schiphol folder after installation.There are no update files available only a new installer so you first have to install before you know what is changed. Maybe because the update is not announced yet it's not officially released but that's what this scenery is suffering from the beginning: Communication. It was Robinn who noticed a new version number on the installer. More then 53.000 views and 550 posts (+ the posts in the removed FS9 thread) for this scenery must indicate something.

B.t.w. I agree with the observation of Arnaud (#550) that the EHAM FS9 thread is gone and it looks like the support from Gerard (which is appreciated) is only focusing on FSX. When EHAM FSX was released I'm pretty sure that in the FS9 thread was mentioned that the issues of FS9 and FSX would be combined and adressed.

Having said this I admit that the effort of Gerard on taxi-signs is released also for FS9 in the 1.14 installer.

Cheers,

Rob

I might have to recall my statements on the FS9 thread, first post in this thread is made on February 17th. This was the date that the FS9 version was released. This thread is initiated by Er!c and not Shaun so I'm not sure any more that there was another FS9 thread.

I might have to recall my statements on the FS9 thread, first post in this thread is made on February 17th. This was the date that the FS9 version was released. This thread is initiated by Er!k and not Shaun so I'm not sure any more that there was another FS9 thread.

Hi guys,

Indeed I created this thread hoping to have communictions with development to inprove the scenery. Unfortunately the topic was also highjacked for FSX... I totally agree with your post. I also noticed the 1.14 version, but no announcement at all... I sincerely hope we can get feedback on our input for this scenery.

Hi,

Where can i find the update for FS9? It is not in my download section.

Ralph

You need to go to the order page where you can find the full installer (1.14 right now, and 1.04 for FSX). In the update section you will only find the 1.10 update.

Maybe the performance of the scenery can be increased by adding Alpha channels to the textures. Read more about it here http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=8581.0 it seems that a lack of alpha channels causes stutters because the FS engine has to calculate the alpha channel on the fly when it is not in the texture. As you can see in the post, it are a lot of textures for EHAM.

Well, in my eyes..... this look's more than a GA airport, and i have NOT read about any kind of performance hit to now.

(Just my view of this post)

Have a nice day.

Stein-Ove

Of course one is entitled to his own opinion, but you left a part out of the equation. What I was talkking about is that ORBX does lots of airports mainly because most of them are tiny. Melbourne is indeed not tiny, and indeed, it took them far longer to produce it. In the bit you quoted I was also not at all talking about performance hit and if it bigger in one airport than in the other or not. In fact, I didn't talk about performance in relation to ORBX sceneries in that entire post... Please, you may of course form opinions, but read carefully what I write...

Again: please look out with comparing sceneries to ORBX (not just EHAM). They release lots because most of the sceneries are small, but when a scenery is big, it takes them a lot longer. Their sceneries also tend to look great because they will be used in Qantas's simulators. Aerosoft is EHAM is huge (probably bigger than melbourne) and it is done without any support of KLM. So how can you compare it directly to ORBX sceneries? Indeed, you can't. No, also not to Melbourne.

Just 2 screenshots from something I am working on for myself.

When everything is compatible I might release this too as an extra photo addin.

It'd be great if you'd release that for all to enjoy. It looks very good!

You need to go to the order page where you can find the full installer (1.14 right now, and 1.04 for FSX). In the update section you will only find the 1.10 update.

Hi

I have the Box Version with 1.13 how did i update?

It'd be great if you'd release that for all to enjoy. It looks very good!

If evrything looks good enough and all objects ( houses, trees, buildings ) have been placed manually.....

There is a lot of work that needs to be done, but here 2 latest screenhots

post-10211-082629200 1290757268_thumb.jp

post-10211-077164800 1290757275_thumb.jp

Folks, is there any way to get rid of the blurries during the night time. It's almost impossible to fly complex planes, since its textures are corrupting.

Thanks

Dmitriy

For anyone using Auto AFCAD Updater Schiphol X :

You can download the latest files here.

Remove the old ones first from your scenery directory and then put these in.

For everyone not useing the AutoAfcad Updater utility, but is using the Schiphol X Traffic utility download the latest files here.