Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

Dreamfactorystudio has already sent the update to Aerosoft for testing.

What exactly has been included I do not know.

Of coarse the things I mentioned at page 26.

Because there was not a fastfood restaurant near rw 27 I created one. This is a spottersplace for many where you can eat/drink too.

In the Extra scenery file there are also extra trees near the Spottersplace.

Also I have placed many extra trees near the Polderbaan.

If you like it feel free to download the Extra scenery here.

If you do not have a high end machine you can also choose the light version of the Spottersplace alone here.

COOL Gerard.

Youre the best. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody Aerosoft

I got into the scene of Amsterdam and took a big scare when I saw the frames!!

In the case without traffic and the A320 Aerosoft I get something around 15 to 20 fps ....

My machine is an i7 930 - 6GB RAM - GTX 460

I wonder if this scene is so heavy it or has something wrong.

For now I am very unhappy with the outcome of the FPS.

Hug!

Hello everybody Aerosoft

I got into the scene of Amsterdam and took a big scare when I saw the frames!!

In the case without traffic and the A320 Aerosoft I get something around 15 to 20 fps ....

My machine is an i7 930 - 6GB RAM - GTX 460

I wonder if this scene is so heavy it or has something wrong.

For now I am very unhappy with the outcome of the FPS.

Hug!

a lot of people suffer with the framerates

if you read all the threads

perhaps they will fix it in the upcoming update

but you wont hear nothing untill they decide to come out

a lot of people suffer with the framerates

if you read all the threads

perhaps they will fix it in the upcoming update

but you wont hear nothing untill they decide to come out

Aerosoft should have taken this one out of the market untill all issues were solved. Even though they are not the developing party, I won't buy anything anymore (at release date) before I see what the comments are on this forum. This because Aerosoft won't test what they sell and then you can get this kind of trouble.

Edit: The developers had always problems with FR related issues. I doubt very much that they will, or even can, solve the Eham scenery into a smooth one!

Aerosoft should have taken this one out of the market untill all issues were solved. Even though they are not the developing party, I won't buy anything anymore (at release date) before I see what the comments are on this forum. This because Aerosoft won't test what they sell and then you can get this kind of trouble.

Edit: The developers had always problems with FR related issues. I doubt very much that they will, or even can, solve the Eham scenery into a smooth one!

When Oliver released his files ( has been included into the latest version ) I have always had good framerates : 25-30 and I use 3 monitors for outside view.

Also other airports , people complained about , regarding framerates never gave me any problems.

Brussels is doing very well here.

Even with the 2 PMDG widebodies ( MD-11 and 747-400 ) at Schiphol X the framerates are almost never below 20.

And I use ASE and REX textures.

Imho it is very important how the pc has been setup and configured.

Eg : no Windows Live, MSN. Skype Windows Auto Updates on my pc. And I used Nicks'tuning guide as a base.

Over the last 10 years I have built multiple FS pc's or tuned pc's for other Fs flyers and they all had good framerates.

A good defrag program, a good pc cleaning program are also very important.

When Oliver released his files ( has been included into the latest version )

Gerard, to which files are you reffering here? Are they included in the v1.13 release or upcoming 1.X release?

Those files are in the latest release you can download from your account.

Update info :

Lately I have been working on the roads/railways around Schiphol.

What I have done :

- Package 1 : compatibility with the default roads/railway structure, including driving traffic

- Package 2 : compatibility with the Ultimate Terrain X roads/railway structure including driving traffic

This is under testing now at FSDreamfactory.

post-10211-092309000 1288971518_thumb.jp

post-10211-062646300 1288971533_thumb.jp

post-10211-044720800 1288971549_thumb.jp

Update info :

What I have done :

- Package 1 : compatibility with the default roads/railway structure, including driving traffic

- Package 2 : compatibility with the Ultimate Terrain X roads/railway structure including driving traffic

I bought this airport, and where in the hell is all the autogen around it? It looks like a huge field with no tree or anything miles around it, so unrealistic.

I bought this airport, and where in the hell is all the autogen around it? It looks like a huge field with no tree or anything miles around it, so unrealistic.

That is also one thing I am working on.

I already did plant lots of extra trees near the Polderbaan.

However , this scenery has so many features that it is very taxing on your system.

Therefore it was better doing it the way it is now.

Like the roads addins I will make a package for extra houses/trees, so everyone can try it on his pc and see if framerates will be enough.

That is also one thing I am working on.

I already did plant lots of extra trees near the Polderbaan.

However , this scenery has so many features that it is very taxing on your system.

Therefore it was better doing it the way it is now.

Like the roads addins I will make a package for extra houses/trees, so everyone can try it on his pc and see if framerates will be enough.

Ya its not a good performance scenery. I have have FTX's YMML v2.0 and it looks 1,000 times better and performance 1,000times better. I wish Aerosoft would publicly publish who develped what scenery. I will NEvER buy anything from that DreamFactory or DreamScenery company after I bought Schipol.

Ya its not a good performance scenery. I have have FTX's YMML v2.0 and it looks 1,000 times better and performance 1,000times better. I wish Aerosoft would publicly publish who develped what scenery. I will NEvER buy anything from that DreamFactory or DreamScenery company after I bought Schipol.

Just tried with FSX on only 1 screen and in Windowed mode ( less fps ).

With 3 scrrens as outside view I am getting 2 fps less...

What do you think ? I did not pause the sim and several addins ( extra scenery ) have been included beside the addons I already use.

Do you get this framerate with YMML v2.0 ?

post-10211-094876400 1289165364_thumb.jp

Hello Gerard,

your framerates are really impressive. I don't have so powerful machine as you do, it's just Core2 Duo E8400 (3,0 GHz) OCed to 3,9 Ghz, 4GB of RAM and Asus GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB (with Windows 7 64-bit on top of it). I have 15-20 FPS on average on the default EHAM scenery. I hesitate to buy Mega Airport version, because I suspect FPS would drop down to 10 or less, especially reading so different opinions here. But your example prove I still could try to squeeze something more out of my rig ;).

Would there be a chance that you would share your FSX settings? Could you post part of your fsx.cfg? Are you using nHancer (or Nvidia Inspector for the latest drivers)?

I was trying to play with game booster, as you suggested here some time ago, but it didn't really improved anything.

Thanks!

Sebastian

Update info :

What I have done :

That's great news! It was one of the main points I highlighted in the review as being disturbing. Knowing that it's being cleared up is good to hear.

Just tried with FSX on only 1 screen and in Windowed mode ( less fps ).

With 3 scrrens as outside view I am getting 2 fps less...

What do you think ? I did not pause the sim and several addins ( extra scenery ) have been included beside the addons I already use.

Do you get this framerate with YMML v2.0 ?

NO . With YMML V2.0 + JS41 + REX + ASE + RC4 in VC mode I can easily get 30 FPS no PROBLEM. I looks so real you could swear it was a picture. Aerosoft (or whoever did this scenery) did an awaful job. It looks bad, performs bad and cost a lot of money for what you get. Just looks at Schipol in overhead view and the ground scenery (pohoto-real) looks like it has been taken from google earth.

i will not be buying anymore scenery from these guys, PERIOD....until they actually do a good job. I'll keep buying ORBX stuff and just stay in Australia. Aerosoft is coming out with a CRJ and i'll get that, but no more scenery.

I totally agree! For example, the GAP team did a wonderful job with Munich. The elevated bridges, AI trains, compatibility with various ground lay-outs and of course performance. These things make it a really nice airport. I hope these things will be solved, but I have not much hope :( ...

NO . With YMML V2.0 + JS41 + REX + ASE + RC4 in VC mode I can easily get 30 FPS no PROBLEM. I looks so real you could swear it was a picture. Aerosoft (or whoever did this scenery) did an awaful job. It looks bad, performs bad and cost a lot of money for what you get. Just looks at Schipol in overhead view and the ground scenery (pohoto-real) looks like it has been taken from google earth.

i will not be buying anymore scenery from these guys, PERIOD....until they actually do a good job. I'll keep buying ORBX stuff and just stay in Australia. Aerosoft is coming out with a CRJ and i'll get that, but no more scenery.

I understand your opinion, but cannot agree with you.

ORBX did the ground scenery for Australia too and Schiphol X is just an airport.

So you cannot compare them in that way.

If you would take Melbourne with the default or Ground Environment textures then you could compare them.

Then you would also see that the environment textures would look diferent than those from the airport.

Beside that the ORBX scenery is in 7 cm res , while Schiphol X is in 1m res.

How many scenery do you know use 7 cm res ?

There are things that could be improved at Schiphol , but those are being worked on.

ORBX have made a high standard for their scenery.

With ASE, REX , PMDG MD-11, UT , MTX, GE , VRI hardware and Hat track I also get 30+ framerates in the VC.

So on my system no framerate issue.

I have problems with the frames, too. Only 50% compared to EDDM. Ok, my PC is not the newest. DualCore2 2,4 MHz. Maybe you can give me some advice which frame intensive buildings I could "delete" with deactivating a bgl. For my fun I dont need all buildings between the terminals. I need frames.

I understand your opinion, but cannot agree with you.

ORBX did the ground scenery for Australia too and Schiphol X is just an airport.

So you cannot compare them in that way.

If you would take Melbourne with the default or Ground Environment textures then you could compare them.

Then you would also see that the environment textures would look diferent than those from the airport.

Beside that the ORBX scenery is in 7 cm res , while Schiphol X is in 1m res.

How many scenery do you know use 7 cm res ?

There are things that could be improved at Schiphol , but those are being worked on.

ORBX have made a high standard for their scenery.

With ASE, REX , PMDG MD-11, UT , MTX, GE , VRI hardware and Hat track I also get 30+ framerates in the VC.

So on my system no framerate issue.

I wawnt talking about the areas around Schipol, just the airport sucks. "how many airport have 7cm res"....everysingle one from ORBX does and they are realings TONS of scenery every couple months.

Hello Gerard,

your framerates are really impressive. I don't have so powerful machine as you do, it's just Core2 Duo E8400 (3,0 GHz) OCed to 3,9 Ghz, 4GB of RAM and Asus GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB (with Windows 7 64-bit on top of it). I have 15-20 FPS on average on the default EHAM scenery. I hesitate to buy Mega Airport version, because I suspect FPS would drop down to 10 or less, especially reading so different opinions here. But your example prove I still could try to squeeze something more out of my rig ;).

Would there be a chance that you would share your FSX settings? Could you post part of your fsx.cfg? Are you using nHancer (or Nvidia Inspector for the latest drivers)?

I was trying to play with game booster, as you suggested here some time ago, but it didn't really improved anything.

Thanks!

Sebastian

For my system I use FSXGo , so it depends on what kind of flight I make : IFR, VFR, photoscenery etc.

Eg for VFR flying I use a bit more autogen and water at 2x .

Here the most important parts when flying IFR :

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672

D3D10=0

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

NUM_LIGHTS=8

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0

AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

AC_SELF_SHADOW=0

EFFECTS_QUALITY=0

[Display]

TextureMaxLoad=15

BLOOM_EFFECTS=0

SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=50

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0

WideViewAspect=True

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.5

HideInfoText=0

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\aircraft

ProcSpeed=14590

PerfBucket=7

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470.0]

Mode=4320x900x32

TriLinear=1

[sCENERY]

LENSFLARE=1

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

[TrafficManager]

AirlineDensity=35

GADensity=10

FreewayDensity=0

ShipsAndFerriesDensity=15

LeisureBoatsDensity=15

IFROnly=0

AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=2

[TERRAIN]

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=600

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1000

LOD_RADIUS=4

MESH_COMPLEXITY=80

MESH_RESOLUTION=20

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

WATER_EFFECTS=4

[bufferPools]

UsePools=0

Attached some screenshots of what I have been up to.

post-10211-062534700 1289325274_thumb.jp

post-10211-015981700 1289325292_thumb.jp

post-10211-056058400 1289325300_thumb.jp

People,

ORBX is being sponsored by Qantas and that's how they get the 7cm resolution ground textures. ORBX makes their sceneries for use in Qantas's simulators, so of course they will look amazing then! This kind of edge makes it impossible to compare almost all existing sceneries with ORBX sceneries.

Also, please do not forget what airport sceneries ORBX focuses on. They are freaking TINY. Of course they make lots per months! Come on, you aren't seriously comparing a huge airport like EHAM with the tiny GA airports that ORBX makes? I find it one of the most unfair comparisons I have heard in the past few weeks.

I do not agree with the notion that EHAM "sucks" or "looks awful". I personally think it looks just as good as EDDM, but EHAM does return lower FPS. What I want to see fixed in EHAM is the lack of taxiway signs, the placement of the airport and the performance. For the rest, I think the scenery looks quite good.

I think the scenery looks quite good.

I agree with Benjamin, schipol looks good. It's the performances that arent very good. especially at night, the load is such that even the user aircrafts loses its own textures.

I've never witnessed this anywhere else, even the virtual cockpit textures are messed up when in Amsterdam at night or dusk :blink:

I would also like to know where the EHAM fs9 thread has gone, because all the posts from Gerard refers to the FSX version, from what I understand.

Beside the taxiways signs, the runways lights and ALSs are still missing -or unservicable- in EHAM fs9.