Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

Dear developers! At this scenario are present errors in an arrangement of indexes of taxiways!For example, instead of the index of taxiway Q, - sign S is established! It is unpleasant that in such beautiful and grandiose project there are such defects.Please, will pay to this attention and correct!

Dear Shane,

normally its not my style and I follow this thread for many months now.

There are a lot of pilots who has complaints.

The one I have are: terrible drop in framerates only eham.

I asked like others for many times about the new releases.

No-one is answering and no-one of aerosoft gives an anwer when we could expect an answer.

I found out the release of 1.03 and there was no explanation to it

lateron I noticed that it could be rw24 which we already got.

so lack of information and specially ignore our pilots questions.

so i have some unpleasant feeling about this.

thats all there is.

• Upvote 1

I got EHAM this week and love it. I don't notice ANY fps loss. In fact, for the first time I installed AI (WOAI) and EHAM looks awesome with all those planes and performance is great all over...! I expected a slide show, really, but I can only say it's good and I love it. Now I am no die hard simmer, so if there are some signs etc. missing, I wouldn't know, really.... I love it and like it and think it looks awesome! ^_^ No problems here!

Shaun, please advise, which is the last version released?

Latest version is v1.13 for FS2004 and v1.03 for FSX. I do not know the differences between the versions since there are no release notes since v1.10 (FS2004) and v1.01 (FSX).

Simply said :

the latest versions have the 2 modified files from Oliver included.

And because he has improved them a few times for Fs9 it is v1.13 instead of v1.1 and for FSX v1.03 instead of v1.00.

Update per 28-9-2010

Today I have had contact with Cornel.He is working very hard on adding all missing taxiway signs at the moment.

I will be doing some tests for him regarding the update starting by tomorrow.

Update per 28-9-2010

Today I have had contact with Cornel he is working very hard on adding all missing taxiway signs at the moment.

This is very good news!

Looking forward to the result! ^_^

Update per 28-9-2010

Today I have had contact with Cornel he is working very hard on adding all missing taxiway signs at the moment.

Will this update also include a better matching of the ground lay-out with the default FS textures?

Will this update also include a better matching of the ground lay-out with the default FS textures?

He is aware of this.

I don't know if this can be done easily, because imho hundreds of objects have to be moved too.

That would be almost like starting at the beginning again.

Thanks for the update Gerard. How about the performance problems? Not performance when right on the airport, because then it's pretty good, but the sim pauses when approaching or departing Schipol?

And also the problem of Schipol being eleven feets bellow the sea level and the simulator not able to set a visibility layer under zero.

The result of this is that when you fly a low visibility approach, as soon as you hit the ground the fog disappear in a rather blunt way and ruins the realism.

Anyway to cheat that simulator failure? Like perhaps provide users with an optionnal 'elevation zero' file?

Looking forward to getting the update.

Today I have had contact with Cornel.He is working very hard on adding all missing taxiway signs at the moment.

To Aerosoft Project manager:

I (and probably others too) am totally clueless about what is going to be fixed (and when).

Is it possible to state a known bug list with a status behind each bug?

Since the release last February (8 months ago) we still are waiting for bugs to be fixed.

There is absolutely no communication from anyone concerned, other then 'we are working on it'

This all is taking really too long now.

Thanks for the update Gerard. How about the performance problems? Not performance when right on the airport, because then it's pretty good, but the sim pauses when approaching or departing Schipol?

And also the problem of Schipol being eleven feets bellow the sea level and the simulator not able to set a visibility layer under zero.

The result of this is that when you fly a low visibility approach, as soon as you hit the ground the fog disappear in a rather blunt way and ruins the realism.

Anyway to cheat that simulator failure? Like perhaps provide users with an optionnal 'elevation zero' file?

Looking forward to getting the update.

Hi Arnaud,

On my pc Schiphol is running excellent.

Framerates over 3 26" screens with MT and lots of AI planes ( + animations )are always between 22-25 ( limited at 25 ).

Never I have experienced pauses or stutters when approaching/landing.

For weather I use REX textures icw Acrive Sky Evolution.

A couple of days ago Schiphol was in a very thick fog and I had the fog touching the ground.

( I use Spotty for plane spotting and am sitting on the ground then ).

Two weeks ago I also had some issues which appeared to be related to Swiss Pro ? ? ? !

It took me 3 days and 4 reinstalls to fix this.

Happy flying !

Hi Gerard,

I am glad you have no issues with Schipol. However, are you talking of FSX or FS9? I am talking about FS9.

And, we are alot of people here having issues with Mega Amsterdam for fs9, and let me add that it has nothing to do with the PC performance,

I run every other heavy scneries with heavy weather and heavy traffic without any problem nor loading hickups as per Schipol.

I never had any other scenery installed in the Netherlands, nor any Swiss Pro or whatsoever.

Anyway, here is what I am talking about, with the fog issue:

eham1.jpg

eham2.jpg

eham3.jpg

eham4.jpg

That is, with default weather engine, default airplane etc...This, is a problem. Another problem is the runway lighting system isnt switching ON

when low visibility, as it should. 'Something', in Schipol, just doesnt work right, like it does everywhere else in FS9.

Hi Gerard,

I am glad you have no issues with Schipol. However, are you talking of FSX or FS9? I am talking about FS9.

And, we are alot of people here having issues with Mega Amsterdam for fs9, and let me add that it has nothing to do with the PC performance,

I run every other heavy scneries with heavy weather and heavy traffic without any problem nor loading hickups as per Schipol.

I never had any other scenery installed in the Netherlands, nor any Swiss Pro or whatsoever.

Anyway, here is what I am talking about, with the fog issue:

That is, with default weather engine, default airplane etc...This, is a problem. Another problem is the runway lighting system isnt switching ON

when low visibility, as it should. 'Something', in Schipol, just doesnt work right, like it does everywhere else in FS9.

Hi,

This is an FS9 bug.

The weather is clear(ed) if an airport/runway is below 0 feet. There's nothing you can do about it.

Thanks Egbert, that's actually what I thought, so I believe Gerard was talking about FSX. Wanted to make sure.

And that's also the reason why I asked if we could be provided an optional 'elevation' file at zero feet, to avoid this bug.

Although Schipol is in real life an intersting airport because it's under the sea level, 7 feets dont make such a difference in FS.

I wouldnt mind having my fs9 EHAM at 0ft instead of -7, so that I could enjoy the fog after landing till I reach the gate. And that would also probably fix the ALS not functionning under LVP situations.

I wouldnt mind having my fs9 EHAM at 0ft instead of -7, so that I could enjoy the fog after landing till I reach the gate.

That would be nice indeed, but it will cause some unwanted side effects.

The Schiphol area itself could be raised to 0 ft, but then it would look like it was build on a huge 7ft wall because the surrounding areas still would be below 0 ft.

Basically half of the Netherlands would have to be raised to 0ft. That is pretty expensive :lol:

Update : 30-10-2010

Today I will start beta testing the taxiway signs.

Bear in mind that I am using the FSX version of Schiphol.

Asking for your help :

What I would like you to ask is to give me info about where they are missing and/or with wrong info.

In this way we can be sure that I check all of them.

Gents, I've bought the boxed version last week, and I'm experiencing a big problem.

The problem is known I presure, it's the very low 1 fps at night.

I know there was a fix posted, but I can't download this file anymore, as the moderator deleted the thread it was posted in.

I'm using FS2004, and running a "staggering" Intel Core E2140 processor.

I am aware that this is one of the worst processors ever, but I simply don't have money to buy a new one.

And on another note, this old processor can run EHAM during daytime at around 12fps in the PMDG 737, so it's not my processor causing this bug.

Can anyone repost the file, or tell me about another solution?

Many thanks, and kind regards,

Pat

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been posted before in this thread:

A few days ago I was taxiing at Schipol (real airport, not in FS) and would like to ask if it is possible to have the outer part of the airport, I mean the area around RWY36L/18R a little bit more embedded by trees and the street system there. I didn't know that there are so many trees now near the taxiways and RWY36L/18R. I thought it was quite "empty" or "flat" area. Maybe some of the Dutch users here or Schipol experts can confirm that. A little bit more real remoted area there would be fine in FS. By the way, RWY36L/18R is far away but very often used ;-)

By the way, I found on the real airport an interesting sign near the runway entry: "check SID in FMS" :-)

Thanks for any response from the developer/ aerosoft-team,

kind regards,

Axel

Update : 30-10-2010

Today I will start beta testing the taxiway signs.

Bear in mind that I am using the FSX version of Schiphol.

Asking for your help :

What I would like you to ask is to give me info about where they are missing and/or with wrong info.

In this way we can be sure that I check all of them.

Gerard,

As I work on the deicing area (tower) in the winter, I must say that the update with this area is not correct. Taxisigns and groundmarkings are not right. The deicing positions are P10, P12, P14 and P16. The tower is in between P12 and P14. P11, P13, P15 also exists, but only as parking or buffering aircraft during layover EHAM. Next week I will be at the area for exercises and if possible I will make some pics, although there are enough to be found.

Gerard,

As I work on the deicing area (tower) in the winter, I must say that the update with this area is not correct. Taxisigns and groundmarkings are not right. The deicing positions are P10, P12, P14 and P16. The tower is in between P12 and P14. P11, P13, P15 also exists, but only as parking or buffering aircraft during layover EHAM. Next week I will be at the area for exercises and if possible I will make some pics, although there are enough to be found.

Your info has been sended and received by Cornel.

He has already added the missing radar tower to the expected update.

In the mean time I have been "driven" around Schiphol to check all extra added signs.

Here 2 screenshots :

post-10211-001961100 1286038643_thumb.jp

post-10211-044881200 1286038657_thumb.jp